Paradox Sentry Energy Orbs Not Interactable

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Splinter Cell, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Just like the title says, the orbs farthest from the end of the tunnel are unable to be interacted with. This makes battling the Paradox Sentry very annoying. Also, his orbs still drop through the floor, leaving you with NO working ones to disrupt his shields.
    • Like x 10
  2. exil3d New Player

Try to not use glitch of armory and your life became easy :/
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

This has nothing to do with that glitch.
  4. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I would like some confirmation from a dev. Spytle? Where are ya, my man? Spord? Tunso? Loche? Just an update that this bug has been acknowledged and verified, and hopefully a fix will be released soon. :) Thanks for reading.
  5. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Ran this a couple times this weekend and can confirm this is an issue. I didn't personally see any drop through the floor, but not being able to pick them up is an issue. Normally, you run to them, get the tip on-screen to push a button to pick it up, then toss it at the Sentry. Now, the two on the North side never give that interaction tip. I run all around the egg and nothing happens. Even pressing the appropriate button without the top does nothing. The ones on the South side seemed to be okay, though.
    • Like x 1
  6. DizzyKraken Developer

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this today.

Is this only occurring with the two on the North side during the final fight?

Thanks
  7. petzer New Player

It is usually the top 2 that you can't pick up, but I've not been able to pick up any sometimes. I've also seen them fall through the floor.

Also, while we are talking about this boss. I would say that less than half of the time do his shields go down when you do use the orbs. Most of the time they just go right through him and nothing happens.
  8. petzer New Player

I'm not even sure you should be allowed to post on the forums.
  9. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I have seen it happen on either side, and sometimes an orb falls through the map. Most commonly it is the South orbs. As others have pointed out, sometimes landing an orb on Sentry does not remove his shield.

And, there are other issues inside Paradox Wave. Like the random stun and damage effect. It happens to a random player, and has the animation similar to using a Central City Flash trinket after it expired. Paradox Tyrant's rolls have been one-shotting myself, and others, lately.

Also, Paradox Warrior seems to sometimes do a fake out with his giant energy blasts. His head will face one player, while his body faces another. It can be very confusing to determine who he is aiming for when he does this.

I enjoy a challenge, but it seems like there are a number of bugs still present in this raid. :\
    • Like x 1
  10. petzer New Player

Yes the tyrant's roll got crazy the last time I was in there. I was dying before it actually hit me. Also when the boss that puts people in balls and charges (can never remember names) I have died when he runs the other direction and also before he gets halfway to people they were dying. It's almost like he has an invisible one shot orb around him so he will kill anyone around him in any direction.

Also why are we getting double sets of adds in the hallways. This started in the last few weeks and it is really hard when fighting the boss in each hallway.
  11. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This in when you take down Sentry in his tunnel. Haven't seen a problem with him if you leave him out with the Tyrant.

As for the eggs, the only one I was personally able to throw was the one in the SE corner. I know the NE one was one I couldn't interact with. Splinter said the two Western-most eggs were bad. Can't remember if a group-mate was able to throw that SW one or not, sorry.
    • Like x 1
  12. DizzyKraken Developer

Thanks for the update. I think I fixed this today. The orbs will look a little different but once this change goes out to live please let me know if you still run into any problems.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  13. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Thanks for taking the time to check it out, Dizzy! :) I'll get on it tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!