Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Echephyle New Player

Is this confirmed? Whizzkid tested it and found shards doesn't activate the mod.
  2. thenewkidd New Player

Nope not confirmed yet... I was doing a bunch of powers and the neck mod might have been activated by those other powers and not Shards..
    So I will check that out...

In your "combat log" it will say whether or not your neck mod is active or not by what you do and what power you do... so.. it's easily tested.
  3. Echephyle New Player

What about the damage of vengeance vs shard and transmutation on single target?

I think it hits harder on single targets, so it might be better for boss fights and 1v1 & 2v2 pvp.
  4. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Shards is currently broken in the sense that it does not activate Escalating Might as it should :(.I tested this two weeks ago and posted a bug for it. It's the only offensive power we have besides WoD that does not activate it.

Soul Well does activate Escalating might. It triggers Escalating Might for every new target it hits even after it's cast. This is Good and Bad. If you drop it in an area and new targets keep walking into it's range you'll keep Escalating Might going. However, if all targets have already been hit once by it they will no longer proc Escalating Might by that particular Soul Well. So, against bosses with no adds you're likely to get only one Escalating Might proc per Soul Well during it's duration.
  5. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Vengeance does the same as transmution so a bit less than shard but if you have the good weapon it can be a way faster.
  6. Cody04 New Player

Is that possible anymore? I am currently level 25 and I am unable to get transmutation or Shard of life unless I put more points in summoning.
  7. Echephyle New Player

These loadouts assume you're level 30, in which case you'll have more power points to spend.
  8. Cody04 New Player

Well, yea, but If I spend a point in summoning, I won't have enough to get one of the two iconic points. I'm currently level 25, and have 12 points to use, meaning I'll be getting 3 more. If I put one point in say, boon of souls, and use 2 for Transmutation and Shards, then I will only hve 1 point left over for an iconic.
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

It is possible but there was an error. I have corrected it below:
  10. Cody04 New Player

Ah, cool. Thanks!
  11. Cody04 New Player

For your Nova's Arcane Nightmare
    What would you switch "phase dodge" with for those who are fliers and not runners?
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

For those that are not runners you could use Invocation of Renewal since it's on the way to Circle of Destiny anyways. It can be jump-cancelled for no power cost and used just as well as Phase Dodge. I typically only use it to clip Soul Siphon and Transmutation.
  13. Napoleon MP New Player

I am sure this is a dumb question, but i am new to the game and trying to choose a class, the ticks from bad karma. Do they add up to much on other targets? The idea behind it sounds pretty cool.
  14. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

No questions in this thread are dumb and if you have anymore feel free to ask :D:).

Bad Karma itself does no damage to targets. It's the power interactions that benefit from it. For example Weapon of Destiny procs 4 times instead of three, Circle of Destiny gets two ticks of damage instead of one, Transmutation does more damage, etc. It's essentially a set up for bigger damage. However, to answer your question directly, it can be used to do some great damage to single/multiple enemies.
    • Like x 1
  15. thenewkidd New Player

Agreed with what Whizzkid said.
    It's such a fun power and has high potential.. it is NOT an easy power to be good at though... or you would see many of us around.

It takes LOTS of practice... you can essentially use anything you want that is fun.. but a true DPS will work with a Power Interaction (Bad Karma in my opinion is the best Sorcery has)... but There is Red Soul Aura, Polymorph (laughable) and Gold Soul Aura (For Healing)

The best advice I could have to any advice is look at the power you want to use and see if it has a phrase "Power Interactions" in the description at all.. if it does.. read it.. does it add that interaction or does it do more damage because of the interaction..

To many people think DPS just means mash buttons and kill things.. (which isn't the case with ANY power you use for DPSing)

A page or two earlier, I did an example of some powers potential when you get some Might under your belt :)
  16. mgkaenzo Committed Player

bad karma dis some ticks when the ennemies hit some1 before, I don't know if it still work but btw damage was very low.
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

It did and still does. Again, it's a power interaction and not the actual status effect. If you apply Bad Karma to enemies in DPS stance they will still damage adjacent enemies when they attack you or another target. The damage it does is quite good as well and can really be seen as additional Damage over Time. I've seen ticks range from 66-151 per target. If I recall correctly it does not split as well.
  18. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I think it was what asked Napoleon so yes bad karma does damage as curse does in celestial when the ennemie hit some1.
  19. Napoleon MP New Player

Yes that was the question i was asking! Lol im trying to find a class, And leanin sorc, because earth from all i read is just suck, and the videos ive seen dont even use the cool looking abilites (which is why i wanted it). Even if its not a lot of damage i think its a cool i guess you would say trick. Plus like soul well. Another sorc question... do i need to use pets? they kinda annoy me in other MMO's
    Thanks!
  20. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Pet are most time bad then if you want to know people that say earth suck say the same for sorcery, they are the two power that most people feel like being underpowered even after the revamp of sorcery. The thing is you you take gadget for exemple you can do whatever you want and do good damage but with sorcery you need to adapted your play style for it. Sorcery and earth can be both very good when you are good with it.