Should Walk-Ins Be Ended?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ADG, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Zerefu New Player

Walk-ins for experienced player making new toons, I see as being ok but new people miss experience and gameplay knowledge and everything
    • Like x 1
  2. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Adding portals for everything is an easy way to increase content difficulty and add challenges for the players that want them.
    • Like x 1
  3. ReAni Mator New Player

4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Walkins are helpful, especially when the que system is down and people cant que, example, ps4 launch. Its also for people who want to make a challenge. Other than that they are a gateway to make terrible players with low skill points.
  5. HardlineHero Committed Player

6. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Not true in the slightest. How do you think new players are doing it now? Why there's never any lower content being done and only high content?

People who know how to bypass all the early grind just tell every new player, who then does it also. I know you've been on the game for a while, and have good input most times... I just can't understand how so many people can look at this from an "Well it's easier for me..." outlook and not have the foresight to see how much these have hurt the game since their implementation.

But hey.. Some people want to look out for the game in a whole, some people look out for themselves in the now. It's just disheartening how much bias plays in people's views on Walk-Ins. Making early game less fun and more like a "ghost town" is one of the largest mistakes any MMORPG makes. DCUO is speeding the process with Walk-Ins the way they are now.

(Not saying they should be removed, just CR locked on MoT and gear)
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Let me put this out here first: you can't really control how people are going to play this or any game. You and I may have grinded through the "right" way (at least on our mains), but that doesn't mean everyone else has to. Same reason I don't burn the hell out of replays. I prefer to savor the content. Others prefer to finish it in a week or less and just PvP or take a break until the next installment. It's up to the player to play the game the way they want. We don't have to agree with it, but there it is.

Now, as to your fears about the future of the game and walk-ins, I have to disagree. I suspect the only truly new players that are doing this already know someone who plays the game and who's mentoring them through, so they can play the same content. As long as they help them understand the game along the way, I have no problem with it, but again, I can't control it. I don't imagine many folks who are completely new to the game come in on their own and automatically know the ins and outs of tier jumping. It took me months to figure out what the heck I was even doing in this game, LOL! I run into folks every day that are in the same boat. I've never tallied it, but I spend a lot of time in-game educating players on different aspects of it (I don't promote walk-ins, FWIW). Really, the only "ghost town" in the game is the actual town of CC, and it's been that way ever since they (wrongly, IMO) eliminated Marks of Momentum. That had nothing to do with walk-ins. Remember when you could walk in to Gates and get gear? At least they eliminated that! Let's face it. They have implemented many other ways to speed progression to end game, and with each new tier it gets easier. IMO, that's primarily so they can continue to sell the newest DLCs or get folks to sub outright. It's the nature of the beast. I honestly don't think it's hurting the game.