Hats off Devs, GU33 is a great update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Hornet, Jan 9, 2014.

1. The Hornet New Player

I'm really excited about this update and I think the developers deserve a thanks for incorporating our feedback on certain issues (focus blast, Checkmate styles, HT trinkets, Synthetic Mods, Gunslinga' chest etc.) as well as bringing us cool PVP armor styles and gear that actually performs like top-of-the-line PVP gear.

Two nights ago a league mate and I jumped into some 2v2's, each wearing full-Vengeance gear, fully modded, and we were getting two- and three-shotted by a Gadgets/Nature couple wearing full-88 PVE gear and spamming their 35% moves. It didn't matter how fast we'd focus-fire one toon down, we couldn't take the kind of punches Traces in Time delivered, which pretty much ruined our PVP experience. Fortunately, we did the same after the update and got lucky, our first match post-GU33 was against a couple wearing PVE gear and trying to spam focus blast. It did not go well for these two.

We had a ton of people on in league last night, and I know we'll have more this weekend as people can step away from work. The Watchtower buzzed with folks jumping on in droves to pick up the new gear, the legendary que bar to get in the game was almost full, it was an event last night, and a lot of us had a lot of fun.

There's some things I'd love to see, yet, but those are topics for other threads. For now I think it's right to just tip the ol' cap to the developers - who shepherded in a great update - and Mepps and company who patiently sat with us while the team fumigated last-minute bugs. This is a great game, guys, and it just got that much better yesterday. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  2. Scott Zyur New Player

You weren't getting 2 and 3 shotted.
  3. TheRealDeathern New Player

Parradox and Nexus were highly praised upon release as well... just sayin.
  4. GrumpySnot New Player

Maybe im overloooking the abreviation.. what is (HT) trinket.
  5. The Hornet New Player

My bad, I forgot you were in there. :rolleyes:

Home Turf, so your sidekick/accomplice or backup/henchmen, also orbital strikes and supply drops.

I've always enjoyed those raids, though. I thought we got Rogered pretty good on the loot, but the raids are fun.
  6. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

exactly
  7. GrumpySnot New Player

Ahhh, yes. Simply overlooking. Home Turf. I too think GU33, is nice.