DC needs a hard expansion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fanatic, Jan 5, 2014.

1. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

1.What exactly is a level cap raise supposed to achieve? How is it supposed to fit into the Tier/CR system? Would people finally realize that 30-level system is only an introduction to the actual MMO experience? This is not WOW. Experienced player goes from level 1 to 30 in a day. So addition of another 10 levels would hardly change anything - it would be just a bit more annoying to level up an alt.

2. If it takes the devs 3-4 months to make one of "these small DLCs", how long would it take for them to develop the kind of DLC/expansion U're talking about? Would U be prepared to wait 6-9 months (being very optimistic) for any new content? Most would un-sub/stop playing until new stuff is available - who would be paying for the game to remain online?

3. If U take the last 3 DLCs together (Home Turf, Origin Crisis, Sons Of Trigon) - they cost $30 and include, among other things: a new area (Gotham Wasteland), new tier sets of armor (Tier 5), new missions (solo dailies, bounties, etc.), hell - even bases, with new mods and trinkets. That's practically an expansion, only released in parts over the course of a year, to keep people playing while waiting for more content.
    • Like x 6
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

This game can use a deep upgrade that Im willing to wait for.;)
  3. BumblingB I got better.

No, no it doesn't. They have a hard enough time trying to keep up with their DLC schedule, plus, content has to last. The DLC method is a better route for this game.
    • Like x 3
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They release more like 3 DLCs per year. NOT 4.

There always is something "unexpected" preventing them from actually releasing 4 DLCs.

So with the next 9 DLCs accounted for.... we pretty much have an idea of what will be the DLCs for the next 3 years.

As for a PvP DLC..... it has already been said by Spytle and by Larry Liberty that that would never happen again. Any new PvP content will be part of GU.... no more PvP in DLCs.
  5. NexGenX New Player

The same ol' "Increase level cap" request. Why? What possible benefit is there to increasing the level cap? More power points are redundant and make respecs unneeded. Besides that you have Combat Rating to work on and beyond that Skill Points. So let me reiterate... Why is this such a big deal with relatively new players?

Back on topic, I would love a new content expansion. But I wouldnt expect its execution to be as smooth as you'd be used to in another MMO. I'm content with the smaller ones we have now, and grateful that they're even made at all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Archangel Rafael New Player

No.
    I'd be more than happy to pay for a big expansion. Darkseid, KeyStone&(big)Central City, Atlantis. All kinds of new gstuff. Great.

Increase level cap? No. Just no. stop it.
    • Like x 2
  7. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Lol I would rather have some sort of dlc since we only got 2 last year but it felt like 1. A big one would be cool but the devs can't get one dlc right and most of the time it's re-skinned.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We got 3 DLC packs last year, not 2.
  9. Fanatic New Player

I'm not a new player been playing all 3 years off and on. Also, level increase would bring a big brand new area to explore and do quests. How they incorporate it with the CR SOE would have to figure out. Doing instances over and over....and over again does get old. For us players playing all 3 years leveling up our T5 toons would be fun for sure.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fanatic New Player

And hell yea I can wait once a year for new content. Takes long enough making a toon to 30 and getting him T5 and doing the feats.
  11. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Forgot about HT.
  12. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Echo..... Echo ........ Echo .......
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Really? And U say U've been playing for how long? My leaguemate got a Celestial DPS alt from level 1 through Nexus in less than a week (PW less than a week later)- and that's before the nerf and he's been playing for maybe a year. I don't know how U play this game, but trust me - most people breeze through content.

And I don't believe for a minute even U would keep playing the same content over and over for a whole year - and paying for it. U'd go play one of the many other MMOs U play - and so would most. Maybe U'd be back - maybe not. But I don't think U're really invested in this game enough to care about its future. For those that play one MMO, which is DCUO - lack of new content for more than 4-6 months would be unacceptable.
    • Like x 1
  14. Imsms08 New Player

Most mmo's have big expansions and level cap increase to change how current powers/abilities work. Also game mechanics and stat values. They also add new powers/abilities to go with the new levels. Dcuo is a unique case because unlike must mmo's you can only have 6 powers on your load out to other mmo's that can have every power on a load out. If dcuo changed how power trees worked or planed to completely change the mechanics of the game then maybe, but now I don't see a major expansions happening anytime soon. I would like to see dcuo have an expansion that balanced the weapons/powers of this game.

They could do many things like power point are used to upgrade powers to give them effects and bonus. They could even back block and dodge a stat like many other mmo's because they block system is ok but very laggy/buggy but unique.

But who knows what ways the game will continue to grow and change; but it's changed a lot since it first came out and I say they have a bigger vision for this game then what they had when it first came out. I look forward to see dcuo becoming a bigger more finely tuned well, rounded mmo like that of WoW and last many years.
  15. Spacedude2 New Player

If there was a deep investment to upgrade gaming experience in this game, it should start with more daily quests involving level 1-29 content. The game play is great as is. Always issues abound, but the play itself is what keeps people here. The DLC system is pretty good as is. I'd actually prefer minor versions per month dealing with certain lower level quests, similar to the Halloween and Christmas themes that just happened. These small ones allow me more involvement with my characters on who they are in the world. To compare it to WoW? Yeah, that's something I like hearing. Not yet though. Not enough investors involved in game play as WoW has. In terms of the shape-shifters breezing through content; they might be experienced with the game, but their characters ain't got no personality. I personally like hearing about people spending hours on end for months to get their characters up there. Batman himself been around 75 years I think. Who on here will have a character that can beat that!

I am looking forward to Harley Quinn/Black Canary/Catwoman Valentine's Day DLC!
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Between walk-ins, replay badges, and tradable gear.. People get to T5 on new characters in under a week. That's why they are so bored.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Sure, DCUO 2 would be nice... Whole new story line, put CR locks on Walk-Ins so the game stays healthy, and make it only for PS4 and PC with cross-platform servers (So we actually get a better quality game and don't need to work within PS3 limitations). Also a much bigger Open World with events in it so the game doesn't feel completely static and lifeless.

I'd be down for that.
  18. Ilunis Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    This was taken five seconds before he decided to cave in your skull.
    • Like x 3
  19. X hood Well-Known Player

Is everyone still fussing over lvl30 being the lvl cap? Really? I for one love to skip lvl30 and just go straight to doing my ace chemicals and khandaq instance. What's so fun about hearing superman over the radio or finding investigations that are scsttered around? God I hate it
    • Like x 1
  20. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

A huge DLC?

we can't even get a game update that doesn't have bugs.
    • Like x 2