Free Signatures

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DamageControl, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Blue Spectrex New Player

Was wondering if you could make any electric based sigs, same info just I'm electric now
  2. DamageControl Committed Player

Still in a training exercise, preparing for tryouts to one of the toughest units in the world :cool:
    I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll get to work on all you's requests ASAP.
    • Like x 1
  3. DamageControl Committed Player

How's this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

I think these sigs need to be bigger
    • Like x 2
  5. DamageControl Committed Player

I captured a 20 second loop of my character, cut it down to the five seconds leading up to and including the fist pound, recut to make sure it looped seamlessly, exported the video, imported video to layers in Photoshop, added the still image on the side and exported. Gifs tend to get rather large, and there are two main techniques I use to keep them small with minimal loss in quality:
    • Color palate Adaptive - Can potentially cut the file size in half.
    • GIF compression works by recycling repeated pixels, so the more constant pixels you have in your loop, the smaller the filesize. If you'll notice what I did with the Lantern sig I made that guy, I filled in the black scenes at each side with still avatars, otherwise the moving fractals would have spread there and doubled its size
    • I tend to make the animated sigs slightly smaller than the usual ones, as resizing them even to 90% can seriously reduce filesize.
  6. DamageControl Committed Player

As stated previously, you guys must keep in mind that these signatures are significantly oversized for templating purposes, and must be downsized to fit the forum guidelines :)
  7. DamageControl Committed Player

How's this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. DamageControl Committed Player

How's this?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Solar wing New Player

yeah... you know me so well
  10. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Egads it's still there! :eek: I was wrong :oops:
  11. Solar wing New Player

I was going to change it but... i wanted to prove you wrong
    • Like x 1
  12. DamageControl Committed Player

Did your sigs get removed for being too large or did you decide not to go with mine? If you'd rather a different look, just let me know :)
  13. DamageControl Committed Player

Not enough room for all your toons' info, so which one should I use?
  14. DamageControl Committed Player

Give me some specs :p
  15. Lightful New Player

Personally wasn't my taste. Appreciate the effort though.
  16. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Joes Traitor
  17. DamageControl Committed Player

Dude, you surely weren't expecting to get it right the first time around, did you? It's a bit of a swing and a miss sometimes. Tell me what you want it to look like
  18. Vyltran Loyal Player

Everyone got a different point of view about signs concerns... designer vs. customer.. idk if you get it lol but, at the end both parts will still like it..

Keep it up DamageControl.. things like this always happen..
  19. Lightful New Player

Absolutely not. I didn't want to take advantage of your generosity and ask for more sigs. If you welcomed me to initially, I would've asked again.
  20. DamageControl Committed Player

I'm doing this because I could use the experience, but I never seem to have any motivation to do this stuff when it's paid work. It needs to be fun for my creative side to show :) So go right ahead and make your request :p