Pvp map rotation ......

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PaperGirl, Oct 24, 2013.

1. PaperGirl New Player

Map Rotation
    Arena
    ·1v1 Lair Battles
    ·2v2 The Batcave
    ·4v4 STAR Labs
    ·5v5 Arkham Asylum What if we are 5 and if we love Deathmatch maps ? We just don't qeueue pvp ?
    ·8v8 HQ: Watchtower
    Legends
    ·1v1 The Batcave
    ·2v2 Lair Battles What if we want Batcave 2vs2 Legend and not this , and there is noone to Scrimmage ?
    This map is just stupid , round finish after 1 kill i can assure you many players don't like that .
    ·4v4 Safehouse: Disposal There is still some people queing for this excepts for feats ? Surprise me .
    ·5v5 Watchtower Containment
    ·8v8 Fortress of Solitude
    Will this Pvp map rotation stop 1 day ?
    Can please devs explain us what's the point of that now ?
    Can the devs explain us why it's now 6months + you are choosing the maps for the players instead of us ?
    This is getting annoying .
    The Pvp is dead on EUPC , do something please . This is getting boring .
    Can we have the maps that we like , and the maps we paid for ? I mean all maps ?:mad:
    What's the point of that ..
    • Like x 4
  2. SansNom New Player

When in the rotation would be safehouse? I can't finish feats in that arena only because i don't see it more than 4 month.
  3. cadaverhead Well-Known Player

Map rotation needs to go. All it has done is hurt pvp in this game.
    • Like x 3
  4. The Klepto New Player

I agree PvP they have the maps why rotate them?? There's no rotation of PvE raids or alerts which would be stupid. So it's the same concept for PvP it's stupid to hide every single map or any maps at all. Let us play them all again!
    • Like x 2
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I stopped PvPing about 2 months ago. Largely because there's little left for me to gain in PvP, except for a few feats, mainly for Arenas I haven't been able to access since the PvP reboot. When the rotation was first introduced I thought it would be something like a daily/weekly thing with all the maps available during the course of a month or so... The current system - whereby we're stuck with the same Arenas/Legends matches for weeks at a time and can't access some of them at all - doesn't really work for me.

On the plus side - I seem to enjoy this game a lot more, without dealing with PvP PUGs. So I'm not really that bothered about "The Moon" and "Safehouse: Rescue" (although I do have something like a whole SP pending on this one map becoming available) - U keep them, Devs and I'll have no incentive to expose myself to tedious company of random know-it-all-sore-loser-classless-winner-******-bag-PvPers.
  6. leo New Player

Was the rationale for this to try and reduce the average queue time for PvP?
    While I feel there has been some degree of improvement in queuing time, I don't think it really makes up for the loss of variety. This being said, we are barely queuing for PvP at the moment, in part due to this facet.

Perhaps, if you insist on keeping these map rotations in force, then you can maybe provide us with some degree of flexibility with respect to enabling/disabling node/element capture, buffs etc.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The whole map rotation crap feels like a bit of a scam.

"Encouraging" people use replays to reset the map seems to be more the goal then reducing queue time.

Unless you use replays... once you have your daily win.... you pretty much stop playing PvP for that day.

Heck some will stop once they have their weekly win and wait for the weekly reset before playing again.

So that means less people playing PvP.

Not something that really helps with the queue time.

Heck I myself barely play PvP since the change.

In part thanks to the wait time.... especially with 8 VS 8. The queue can be pretty long sometimes.

So if really their goal was to reduce the queue time.... it is a fail in my book.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

Really? I'd think on the PS3 these would pop faster. On the PC we pop 8's and 5's pretty regularly. In fact that is what several in my league PUG just for the challenge and we are getting a match every 5-10 minutes tops. Last night FOS popped like 3 times, WT 1/2 dozen and then we added on 2's and were in 3-4 of those.

I get the whole "fewer options" gripe, but I really do see the queues popping faster now than before. I don't really need anymore of the feats so maybe my opinion is skewed since PVP for me is now just about PVP.
    • Like x 3
  9. Breakforce Loyal Player

Hahaha yeah always see you or Sparty in some random PUG in arenas. And then its like FOCUS YZIAH.

And then Supertoad dies like 6 times.
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... really.

Faster?? Faster then what??? A speeding bullet??? A locomotive??? A loaf of bread on steroids??

No.... it is not faster then before.

Of course... depending on the time of the day that you do queue... the waiting time will vary.

Before the change was made to PvP and map rotation was added.... unless you wanted to wait for a specific map.... there pretty much was no waiting time.

You would just queue up for everything and after barely a few seconds.... something would pop.

Sure it would be a bit longer if you wanted to queue for one specific map for some reason..... Just as it is now with the fewer map options.

And yes now you can still queue up for all 5 maps and get in fairly quick.... but once you get a win... then you can queue up for 4 maps..... then 3 maps..... until you are stuck waiting for that one remaining map.... usually the 8 VS 8.

And if you play with your 2 friends as I used to... even worse.... you only has 3 maps to queue for. So after your 3 wins.... no more PvP.

I did not time how long it can take to wait for a specific map now. I usually measure it in terms of exobits. I will usually farm exobits while I wait.

So a long wait usually means half a dozen stacks of exobits. Sometimes even more.

Wny is that???

My guess would be that once some players get their daily win..... no more PvP for them for that day which means less people playing.

Heck.... once you no longer need Marks of Valor... odds are that you only play to get your weekly reward and stop playing PvP once you have your weekly win.

Pretty much what got me to barely play PvP now.

Heck by now.... I don't even get all my weekly rewards... I get 2 (usually the 1 VS1 and 2 VS 2) and pretty much am done for the week. And some weeks I don't even bother getting the weekly.

So no.... it is NOT faster then before.

Before it was much faster by queueing for everything. And even if wanted to wait for a specific map.... it would not be longer then it is now. And at least then.... you HAD the option to queue for a specific map. Have you been able to queue for the Moon map lately???

And to make the waiting extra fun..... there is those who constantly decline to enter the instance.

You accept to enter an instance...... wait.... wait...... and then get the message that someone declined entering the freekin instance. So it starts all over again.

There are times where I must spend half an hour accepting an instance for some ***** decline to accept the instance.

So again.... no..... it is not faster.
  11. Yallander Loyal Player

It is pretty clear your purposes for PVPing and mine are completely different. I queue up long after winning on a map just because I like PVP. As I originally mentioned perhaps my perspective is different than many in this thread because I honestly don't care about or need the feats.

I've been here since beta, I've seen when queues on one of the servers (mind you there were like 12) lasted only a few seconds and if you were a Villain then it would put you in the moment you hit the queue. I think anyone who has been here any amount of time remembers all these "good ole days," but now where are those players? The devs have to make changes based on the number of players there ARE, not in "hopes" of more players returning. I'm sure it would be easy enough if the number of players in the game were as many as in the first year, or heck even when it went F2P to justify all of the maps being available.

You kind of contradict yourself as well, you say that:

1.) Once you win a map there is no reason to queue

and then

2.) If there were more maps you would just queue for everything

Why aren't you just queuing for everything now? Is it just about marks/rewards for you? Are you still gearing up?

I queue between 10pm and 1am weekdays or weekends and see the queues pop fast on what is considered a much smaller population than PS3. Heck if and when I queue Legends it pops even faster. I'm not trying to justify the change, but say my experience and reasons for PVPing are obviously different so I don't care about the limited number of maps. Whenever I do get serious and want a challenge there are scrimmages. Do I like all of the rotation cycles? Not really as I prefer death matches to nodes or objective maps, but hey once again my preference.

Finally regarding the "accept/decline" issue, that isn't the devs fault that people either aren't ready or decide to troll the PVP queues. I'd like if they expanded the deserter penalty for anyone having queued and unqueued multiple times (2-3 tops) and prevent them from queuing for an hour--but that wouldn't go over well.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

LOL...oh the life of a healer. Even the PUGs in our group are like "KILL THE HEALER...oh wait you are the only healer on this map.
    "KILL THE HEALER!"

Looking forward to the "Nut Wars" in Pit against you guys though :p.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1.) Once you win a map there is no reason to queue

With the new system... there is little point in queuing for a map when you already have the weekly reward box. Unless you use a replay badge of course. ;)

2.) If there were more maps you would just queue for everything

Under the old system... you could replay the same map all day and always get your reward.... no replays required.

If you have been here since beta.... not sure why I need to explain this to you.

And I do remember the "good old days".

When as a Hero you could wait for over an hour to enter a match.... and as a Villain you would enter instantly.

When you would be able to buy those "mystery" supply boxes once you no longer needed your influence to buy your gear.

I kind of miss those days...... despite the fact that my main was a Hero and my Villain was just my Alt. ;)

I could still be gearing up. I still did not bother to get the last PvP weapon.... and I could farm for a full DPS PvP suit. I barely PvP as it is.... so for the little PvP that I do play nowadays.... no point really to try and get a full DPS PvP suit.

But essentially I only farm for the reward boxes. Whether from the weekly or the Arena directives or orders. Heck I have a bunch of directive #23 that I cannot use thanks to not having access to the Moon map. But that is another story.

As for the "accept/decline".... it only adds to the waiting time. Not sure what the devs could do about those though.

Personnally I would ban those idiots/trolls for life.... but that is just me. ;)
  14. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

For me the rotation has killed PvP completely, I get my boxes on thurs & don't go back, Im even at the point I don't even bother for the boxes since I haven't gotten a recovery kits in about 2mo , thats with running 2 toons. The other kicker is usually theres 2-3 maps in the rotation that I would never que for prior to the update because I hate them, so really there is very little motivation for me to que anymore.

From where I sit the big update was the worst thing ever to happen in PvP, and it was just the final worst thing in a long string of worst things. When I think about how fun PvP used to be and how much I did it during my game time vs. what it is now I can't believe the devs have made such a shambles out of it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Breakforce Loyal Player

Likewise!

You may even show up on our livestream and become famous in front of our 3 viewers who are not in the league (even though you are one of those 3 and Felsa is another)

I'm thinking we are long over due for a Theme PVP Night.
  16. Breakforce Loyal Player

Well as Yallander said, you just have a different mindset for PVP. For some of us, playing and enjoying the game is its own reward. We don't need to get a nice new shiny after every match to have had fun in that match

Fun trumps all.
    • Like x 5
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

And many others do like it. I think the people who don't like it are the people who get stuck with a weak link that gets focus fire and dies three times while you're helpless to stop it. You definitely have to have your partner's back in this one. It's just one of those ones you probably shouldn't leave up to the queue. At least until the queue sees some more improvement. I like that it counts towards my Lair feats, for sure.
    • Like x 1
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Well, aside from fun, or helping a friend who hasn't run it yet, there are still pvp feats to be gained.
  19. Gant Well-Known Player

This times infinity. Let's put some thought into the map rotation, please. Also, can we get a PvP manager from the SOE team to be fully dedicated to PvP? I'm losing faith in the efforts put out by this DCUO SOE team.
  20. Horrorshow New Player

I hate the NPC characters in safehouse and what happened to these alternate gametypes for maps they were telling us about? All I am seeming is the same maps and gametypes being recycled.

@Gant
    Yeah, they need people who know what they are doing.
    • Like x 1