Will Celestial get nerfed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by danielqpk, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Whiteroom New Player

Oh i know. That still doesnt really solve the whole controllers are batteries thing though. It would be nice if that class could be made more versitile and interesting. Maybe a bit more power costs for some of the more efficent classes and a bit less for the others.
  2. Infinity New Player

There is a little thread called "Celestial DPS is way OP". Its like 20 pages with 15,000+ views.
    • Like x 2
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

I replied with an argument of equal strength actually, but if you really want an example of why it's false take another reply to my comment as example.

This is exactly what's wrong with having one power be OP compared to others. You should be able to use any power, not feel forced to use a particular one (or few).
    • Like x 1
  4. Clifwing New Player

What about in PvP
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

That is the issue with pvp, they don't ask for adjustments, they ask for nerfs. That what happened with Sorcery, they said it was to op in pvp, so they asked for a nerf, Soul well and cod both got nerfed. Cod, Soulwell, and WOD no longer stack on top of each other. Only 2 with stack and the 3rd is just for show. With that, Sorcery is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to dps and is less effective in pve content. If they start nerfing Celestial because of pvp, you wlll see the difference in pve.
    • Like x 1
  6. Scooby Active Player

exactly, the only appropriate argument would be a nerf for pvp, but that already happened because I noticed various counters while using it in a match over the past few weeks that were not there before. So technically is has been "nerfed" for pvp which is the only side where an op power would be an issue
    • Like x 2
  7. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

What Scooby said.

8. danielqpk New Player

When I was hard light I did the same damage as celestial and same damage as gadgets and fire...

It's skill not the power itself...

Your clip and rotation speed
    Added with trinkets and power in make your damage not your powerset....
    Celestial is no different from hard light or gadgets or even fire.... I had the same damage out in gates with all of them ... (within a 95k range) but still on top

EDIT: matter of fact mental is amazing also... And so is earth (sometimes)

All about how skilled you are and how much you learn the power....

I've spent hours in the war room probably equalling days by now..
  9. Delta795 New Player

TBH in Gates and almost everything T4 & below most DOT based powers like Fire will get smoked by burst type simply because things die so fast. In T5 this has changed where now those DOTs are starting to count as everything stays alive longer.

If you are having roughly the same DMG out with DOT based vs HL in those raids, simply you haven't perfected your clipping or rotation.
    I'm not bashing you, but there was a reason powers like Fire and Electricity (which are amazing powersets) fell behind to burst powers like HL and Gadgets.

I like pretty much every powerset, but I can tell you that they are not all created equally...I'm ok with that because I like variety & I'm not a scoreboard chaser or FOTM player.
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Besides, isn't asking for nerfs a violation of forum rules?
  11. The Vigilante Committed Player

There is also a third kind who want balanced PvP matches.
  12. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Where did you get this made up delusion from? all powers are created equally but are separated by different mechanics , if they aren't they get revamped/hotfix. Weapons all got a revamped to bring them in line with each other (1hand spinchop? DW range hotfix?); powers are no different. No powerset should be easy-mode.
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I think Cele is fine we have to look at what power most of the players who are asking for a nerf, it's HL and GAD players and there argument is they are loosing on the scorecard with less power in, If they beat another power by 10-30% but use 100% more power it's not a problem then but when they loose bring out the nerf bats. If they up the power of cele combos they will have to up the dmg mod as well and it will be even stronger the only way they can nerf cele combos is nerfing the dmg and the Hl/gad players will be back on top and all will be right again
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Wait, Someone is asking for nerfs? OMG! report them! :eek:
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would not be surprised if Celestial wold be nerfed at some point.

I too thought for a second that it was OP.

As I was levelling my level 09 Spectre toon... I was jumped by a level 26 player in the open world.... and beat the crap out of him.

Then I was jumped by a level 15 player... and beat the crap out of him.

Then I was jumped by a level 30 player... I was sure I would be dead..... but still defeated him.

So I was starting for a second that maybe Celestial was OP seeing how I was INVINCIBLE!!! ;)

But hen I was jumped by a level 16 player who also was using Celestial powers.... and still won.

Essentially... I had the foresight to take a Supercharge power as soon as possible.

So when I would be jumped by an EVIL player many levels above me..... usually my supercharge was full allowing me to hit them about 3 times with LifeDrain which pretty much is what gave me the edge over them.

So it was more a matter of me taking a Supercharge power ASAP then Celestial being OP.

But we see more then enough complaints about how Celestial is OP...... so we should expect a nerf for Celestial at some point. :(
  16. danielqpk New Player

In t5 HL poops on fire I was just saying they are balanced until you get to big boy content...

I
    Read omaars guide like a bible i would say I was a good hl dps ... Just don't like all that green

on another note... Run nexus with me sometime... Haven't got to with you yet ....
  17. danielqpk New Player

Who asked for a nerf?
    :eek:
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The subject line :)
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Your insult came to a reply that was on the first page, you've quoted some of your own comments on the second and third page.
  20. Voltage Source New Player

The question is will Celestial get nerfed, mildly. Probably will just increase the power cost to maintain its current damage out. Maybe make the cool downs a bit longer. The damage is actually very good, but you're comparing to the TOP NUMBER ONE damage dealer. HL has to work harder to do more damage, HL has to consume huge amounts of power, HL can't use all of it's powers at a substantial range like Celestial can making Celestial versatile at long range while taking full advantage of all its skills. If you compare Celestial to the other power sets you can see it's much stronger. Does every new power have to be #1 DPS? Why can't a new power be #5 and have an interesting way of delivering damage? So a power isn't OP if isn't stronger than HL is a bad mentality.