In my situation, is Boo Junior worth the grind...?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anarcho-Captain, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Anarcho-Captain New Player

Ok, my main character has zero pets.

I'm currently at CR 76, quantum troll, 3 slots open on my utility belt (2 trinket, 1 cons)

Replay tokens: 130 until my monthly hand-out comes in which I can't remember how long I've got (could be a couple more days, or a week & 1/2... IDK)

Is Boo Junior all that helpful? Worth blowing all my Replay tokens to try to get it? Or should I forget it & use my tokens on raids?

I don't use pets so I don't know how helpful one like this would be useful to me.
  2. X-zero Loyal Player

i don't think any event has been less then two weeks so I won't burn any until at least 14 days has pasted.
  3. Spindle New Player

It depends. For me, I prefer using Sidekicks, backup, Orbital Strike, and CC trinkets in my belts. Pet trinkets are good if you don't have access to home turf, but other than that I personally don't find them as valuable. The shield on Boo Jr. is an advantage I suppose, but I only got him today on a lower CR alt so I can't say how effective he really is for your CR level.

Look at it this way. It only takes 5 to 10 minutes to run the event every day, so it's not much of a grind really. I certainly wouldn't recommend wasting your monthly replays on it though. You also have a chance of Mrs. Boo dropping from regular content or the vault, and I believe she gives more Might back.
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The Boo family are probably some of the more useful pets. Jr. will create a shield for you. Mr. encases. I'm not sure about Mrs. Other pets I have just have some kind of ranged attack, but these ghosts do a bit more. They're all mental based it seems. So maybe I feel they're useful because I play tanks and healers. It's like having a troller with me.

It's a rare drop, so I wouldn't blow too many tokens on it. Just make a lot of alts and run the vault for Mrs. Boo. It's cheaper.
  5. Mentok New Player

They're of no real use. I wouldn't waste your money. Just run the content daily
  6. Eranthis New Player

trust me no use in using token i gotten on all my characters i literally got all boo Jr . and its very easy to get just run it the event is not gunna end it just started like a week or ago dont worry just run it trust me once you get 1 boo jr and going to keep getting them , there so easy to get. I got 2 on my troll when i dont need because i got the summer event controller sea monster trinket and if you're a troll just use pumpkin to boost your vitz .

-Eranthis
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

I've gotten boos in the past from running challenges, alerts, and duos. Maybe this event is different. But you might find event-time to be a good time to work on those x-number of challenges/duos/alerts. Event drops aren't usually limited to just the event instance. Well, some are.
  8. Clifwing New Player

Don't badge, until the last few days. I've already gotten 3 boo drops, so they don't seem as rare as most people think.
  9. Jamos Well-Known Player

All I get is candy... I wanted to get my sea creature a friend to play with. One that won't drown playing with him. Poor little guy... :(
    • Like x 2
  10. Zomnom New Player

I somehow managed to get Boo Jr. the first day. I think it's pretty nice, but it's nothing too special. It is cute to have following you around and booing, though.

I'd say, if you really want it, wait it out and do the Klarion thing daily. Chances are, you'll end up getting it in a run when you're least expecting it. If you really want one and it's getting closer to the event ending, then I'd say start using replays.
  11. SuperSloppsta New Player

worth the grind? yea sure play the seasonal everyday...worht replay badges I'd say no
  12. Darth Loyal Player

My friend has 5 Boo Jrs. from drops from the daily event. Don't waste RBs on it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Anarcho-Captain New Player

Ok, so far, it sounds like I'll just keep doing it every day like I have been until I get it. I'll reserve my RBs for quality raids. Thanks everyone!
  14. TroEL Dedicated Player

I'm on the heavy grind for Boo Jr only because of his BALLER pinwheel cap
    • Like x 1
  15. YodaDog New Player

Dont grind or burn badges. Just post up daily about how tough it is to get one.
    After awhile, Voila! They'll just give em away.
    Im dead serious. This is probably the most effective way of getting one.
    • Like x 1
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

^^Exactly!! I got one on my first run.
  17. Fools Fire Loyal Player

It's better to use your replay tokens on missions where you can get actual boost trinkets. Like the Mysterious Egg, Kryptonian Badge, etc.. The ones that add actual stats. Check HERE for a listing of trinkets.

I was in Nexus the other day and two Boo Jrs. came up.
    I told them, "They distract the Luthors and make it harder for the tank."
    Next run...two sidekicks came out, "Guys, same reason as before..."
    Next run...six henchmen came out... Have you ever tried picking people up with six henchmen around? *grumble*
    I left as they complained that my Atlantean trinket was just as bad. *Hugs Clawey*
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

The sidekicks taunt, but none of those other pets do.
  19. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Boo Jrs seem to be very good for tanks, one of my leaguemates swears by him. He just loves the shield and how often he uses it. In general I think if tank uses sidekick or boo in nexus it helps him. Sidekicks though, they're especially annoying for tanks if somone else uses them because they taunt enemies and take aggro away from tank. henchmen obviously annoying for the reason you describe.

and how dare they critisize your Atlantean buddy!!!! I'd say that seasonal pets are the least problematic, if they don't taunt (some do so those don't work) My good friend Jack has been helping Watcher for a full year now, never had issues in nexus, pw or any other instance except fos2.

Oh just fyi, the boos, like all seasonal trinkets do give boosts. They have a 256 might boost in addition to their little extra effects. My green Jack from last year gives me a bunch of extra resto and heals me if i drop below 40%. Your beloved Clawey also gives nice boosts especially if you're a trll and you have a troll version. So it's not a bad goal to try to get seasonal trinks, but I agree using replays right now is not recommended.
  20. Future Nostalgia New Player

Jens said the event would last 28 days, so I wouldn't spend any RB until the last week or so if you still don't have a Boo by then. I got Jr. from the daily and I think he's great - the shield is awesome (lasts 15 seconds 100% damage absorption) and he casts it multiple times per summon (up to three in my experience).
    • Like x 1