Robot Sidekick as Celestial?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zerefu, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Zerefu New Player

When I DPS as celestial I was thinking about using the Robot sidekick instead of the 25% SC, because it rarely dies for me, it hits consistently and doesn't stop or have a set place (you place the SC) and you don't have to be choosey with it, I can use the RS on ADDs and single target bosses and completely forget about him, and if he goes down I can recast him immediately and clip out of the animation without much effort at all! I'm just asking what anyone else's thoughts are, it's not like pets effect your power in much on top of that. I ran through Prime and Vengeance and he didn't come close to dying, I realize that isn't Nexus or Paradox, but my sidekick isn't 100 CR, that's a big deal for him lol I'll see hits of 400 and 157, 70s-90s and all the while I'm just leisurely doing my own combos, and should I get knocked over or something he keeps going. The soul well of evil as i like to call it puts out a stronger DoT and is great for mowing down ADDs but you can't keep it up 100% of the time like the RC, as far as long-term raiding goes I want to know everyone's opinion linear to my own in this regard. 2 full minutes per 100% SC of might ticks around 200-300 + extras or the RC going ham on anything with a health bar the entire raid?

If my stats matter to anyone at any time:
    100CR USPS3
    1327 Precision
    3030 Might
    140 Skill Points
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

Not sure it would be all that bad of an idea... Maybe ill test it tonight.
  3. Zerefu New Player

When I was Nature I used a rifle, Swarm, RC on top of might ticks. Love seeing all 3 colors of damage when I DPS
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

This sounds like a good idea since I don't really like the SC's Celestial offers.
  5. Cadens Dedicated Player

With my loadout, i could still use one.
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Use both. Robot sidekick does some nice damage over the course of a raid, and Cursed Idol is spammable.
  7. Zerefu New Player

My loadout has one free spot, I can't use both, Smite will straight up hit for 1k and some change, free spot, benediction is my 1st buff and combo-ing it gives you a LONG lasting DoT, Plague/Divine light depending on the fight, Retribution hits for 1k and some change (They obviously nerfed it compared to 2 weeks ago!) and Dark pact gives me a measely 35 might BUT it boosts all of my damage by 35% and as far as Dark pact goes, I find it better to use for those who are might/prec like me because it boosts ALL damage. Anoint gives 115 precision, which helps your precision-based attacks and not your might so if you're a player with 1500 prec and 21 might, I'd suggest anoint, but if you have my stats you'd do well to use Dark Pact, WHICH was changed if anyone has been off for a bit, it WAS a 20% buff but you used more power, now it's a straight 35% buff, don't know why it gives 35 might but hey I'm not complaining
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

What's your loadout and I will try it out.
  9. uhnigma New Player

but the thing is with celes all moves are prec so even without using weapon you sc still builds so by the time one sc is done another is up and u can use it right after the first one goes down the way i move my moves i still have one slot open so i i could use both of them but i thik u shud keep sc ima try it out tho and see if it makes a difference maybe it is better if u try it out soon let me know
  10. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Dark pack doesn't give 35 might. The tab under current effects is missing the percent sign. It gives you a 35% buff to your might, and only might. So if you have 1000 it gives 350, if you have 2000 it gives 700, and so on. And if you really want the effect of benediction, you should do McB you can have the buff up almost 100% of the time.
  11. Zerefu New Player

You're right about that but I use benediction to clip and if dark pact gives 35% to might it's giving me like 1050 might whereas anoint would give me like 115
  12. Cadens Dedicated Player

Anoint gives you 115 precision though, not might. Its like a 28% dps increase given that 4 points = 1%.
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If your using combos they every thing clips. McB is just overall better than BcM for both dps and healing, but use what ever you want.
  14. Cadens Dedicated Player

This. Its a good, fast combo and well worth it.
  15. danielqpk New Player

Cursed idol hits 280 damage per second to every enemy in the area.. then the sidekick picks them off... Use both :)
    Never been out dpsed....
    Left to right : benediction , malediction , smite , retribution , robot , cursed idol.
    Did a lot of math on this have it all saved in notes on my laptop.
  16. Clifwing New Player

How has robot sidekick worked for you? Thinking of trying it as Celestial healer since I don't like the supercharges. It scales with CR right?
  17. EP Ice Loyal Player

I am liking this load out the best. Easy to clip and the sidekick picks the bones. Lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Zerefu New Player

I was top DPS in nexus twice today using the RS I won by 900k in a 45 minute run and by 1.6 mill in a 1 1/2 hour run I can't imagine running without plague and or divine light, they are thecore of my dps
  19. Critics New Player

Yea Plague helps me alot to!
  20. danielqpk New Player

Plague explodes the enemies, and spreads dots after they die right?
    If so you gave me an idea ... Use cursed idol on top of that and double explosion pew pew :)