Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

What restoration did your DPS gear leave you with? What were your healing rotations?

I beg to differ....[/quote]

I wasn't healing, I'm not brave enough to heal in DPS gear anything T5

The second one was a joke
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Don't forget it's a 10% crit buff taht is nearly 100% maintainable. Stand by your DPS and they will love you.

I see it as a buff with a heal component, not a heal with a buff component /shrug.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's kinda hard to see too.
  4. MonkeySparkz New Player

That's how I clip CS as well or sometimes with renew. I did notice CS is kinda costly so I'll probably switch it with Malediction. :D oh & I use hand blast.
  5. BrotherMutant New Player

Can't wait to see the first Raid vid that has two dps and two healers that are all celestial and all use CG. One places it, everyone huddles in the umbrella of the 75% damage absorption and tank pulls mobs into the field to be killed. Rinse and repeat. With 4 members having 135% SC (with HT mod) going into a raid, they could easily slap out 12 of those without any real difficulty. More assuming they raise their SC faster. Should be sweet.

Better yet, a "no tank" raid: two celestial dps, two celestial healers (all have different loadouts so DoT overwriting isn't much of an issue but all have CG and max SC entering raid); 2 Nature Werewolf dps (each rotating Gorilla SC to serve as the team "tank"), one ****** solo troller who knows how to use SC team bubble as well as PoT/Power Dump as well as mob pulling to the best of his/her abilities, and lastly a third healer (nature/elec/sorc) to cover any odd healing requirements (Several HoTs/Safety Nets/all-around healer with bubbles). Please Jeebie, make this happen and post it. Would love to hear the devs say "how did they beat Nexus with no tank?" :D
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

haha, that'd be fun to attempt. not sure it's doable but /shrug I've seen some crazy things lately. Tanks with 10sp doing Nexus in 30 mins. Healers solo healing Paradox with Ravenger and Opperssor out with DPS gear on... so I'm not sure what's possible and not anymore:p
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

A Level 19 Tank tanked Nexus? o0
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

naw he just wanted to do it with 10sp so after we finish he sends us a pic of him with only 10 spent :p silly people.
  9. xRyujin New Player

Is there anyway we can split this thread into two? Because there is a lot of mix-up of posts between the healing part and the dps part. It is confusing to watch and hard to track.
  10. Tikkun Loyal Player

We're planning a 4 healer Nexus or Paradox run in my league...all healers of different power types. It's gonna happen.
    • Like x 1
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Since there would be four healers you guys should use unconventional methods for healing with each powerset.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tikkun Loyal Player

That's the idea. Of course I will damage and we will have another heal on damage. I think the set up should be tank, 2 dps, 1 troller, 4 heals. I say one troller because we can run a lot of people with an SC or Word of Power specifically to restore power. Supply drops too. With the right communication I can see it working out well. We ran the last boss of Nexus with a Nature, Sorc, and Electric and it was super easy and fun.
  13. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Video record it if your able too. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Tikkun Loyal Player

Oh I sure will! Just gotta get everyone on board. May take a little bit to organize.
    • Like x 1
  15. Xzotix Committed Player

So, as DPS you probably want this (Mal cBen) up at all times correct?
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Sure. I have it up at all times, even as a healer. :D
  17. Xzotix Committed Player

I don't want to get this back on DPS, since it's really a healing power;), but I been trying to find a way to NOT use PcDL, it is sooooo slow.
    Would this combo work: ScH to HcS?
    Like this:
    McB, DP, RcW, ScH to HcS, RcW rinse & repeat or something like this?
    I would miss PcDL, but not as much as I do getting knocked out of the combo.
    P.S. My DPS is balanced build might & precision.
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

PcDL is good to open up with, usually isn't an issue. I don't do it in the middle of fights in 4 man content with no tank though, cause yeah that sucks.I personally dont see the reason to use HcS ever, even though I know JEEB's (I think) said at one point the numbers support ScH/HcS spam being really good dps. Just doesnt feel right to me.

But yeah try it out. Just make sure ScH then HcS doesn't end up overwriting each other. In which case, just switch your order. ScH, RcW, HcS, RcW. I'd have to check the timing. But eithe way, I'm sure it ends up making more sense to simplify it and just do RcW ScH repeat
    • Like x 1
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye it's good in theory. If I clip them perfectly it's decent. Thing is because they can be clipped at .75s if you don't clip them perfectly the "screw up time" plays a bigger role than say Retribution where it's a neer 2s cast. Clip too fast you'll be forced to play out the whole prec animation, clip too slow and that's time wasted and thus lower dps.

SO yeah I wouldn't recommend it even though it looks viable.
  20. Xzotix Committed Player

O.k, thanks everyone. PcDL fights on!