Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. MonkeySparkz New Player

Can someone give me a loadout they use to heal t5 raids? Just switched to Celestial :D
  2. P1nk13 P13 New Player

Thanks. Also, CS is 10-14? That needs to be increased to 12-16(CoP) or 14-17(SG)
  3. P1nk13 P13 New Player

Which weapon is best used with McB for healing? I'm liking Two handed right now because I can fit massive damage withing 2 seconds but i'm craving for answers.
  4. Retribution Well-Known Player

There is a limit to how much damage a healer should put out to use for McB and once they cross that limit, it's very possible that other heals and strategies will be neglected which will not benefit the team. Going through means of increasing precision and damage output ONLY FOR ONE MOVE isn't worth it. In my situation, I'm simply trying to get McB to work in such a way that it goes hand in hand with the other heals. So yes, I agree with you that DPS gear for healing is not worth it AT ALL. However, the restoration from t5 gear in addition to t5 expert mods should put the player at a decent amount of restoration for them to ignore first tier restoration innates, including the restoration neck mod.

What restoration did your DPS gear leave you with? What were your healing rotations?
    I beg to differ....
  5. Artherithas New Player

What heals NPCs? Like in Wayward Souls, the first part. What I understand is that direct heals like Renew, Admonish won't work, but cleansed Blight or Divine Light doesn't seem to be working.
  6. Retribution Well-Known Player

Divine Light works if you're within range of Dr. Fate. Try a supply drop box and other heals would be consume souls and combo consume souls. I've had this problem, too, but once that part is over, healing every other content in the game should be not as difficult.
  7. Retribution Well-Known Player

I've been successful with Rifle's grenade and Rifle's mortar and Hand Blaster's Solar Flare. It's all about targeting the areas where there are lots of adds to maximize damage from weapons to feed McB. Also, try to setup a Renew/cCurse on boss fights. I tried it during the Circe fight in Gates and the damage she received was in the range of 300 - 400 every 2 seconds since she attacks often. Then use weapon combos once the curse has been established.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I've had good results with: Renew, Admonish, Malediction, Blessing, Divine Light, Consecrated Ground. Combo Admonish into cBlight for an HoT. Malediction into cBenediction turns your precision damage into healing.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Like Retribution, I'm currently using Rifle. Grenade and Mortar are good, quick AoE damaging moves. For most mobs, I can just use AcB and McB followed by grenade and mortar. Don't even need the other powers.
  10. BrotherMutant New Player

Hey Ret,

would you suggest RenewcCursed for a DPS loadout for the reason above, boss fights? So far, I find I rarely use DLcP or its reverse as it just seems to take so long.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I use HB and am pleased with the healing. Nice to see some numbers on cleansed Curse. I like RcC but still debating my build. Kinda want the damage inmates too.
  12. MonkeySparkz New Player

Came up with a loadout similar to your's but used Consume Soul & Life Drain. I think I'll switch Life Drain with Consecrated Ground. I'm still not sure about Malediction :l
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

That was my initial loadout. LD is good, but is at it's best when there are lots of adds. The healing is based off the damage done. CG is a set 75% damage mitigation, regardless of the circumstances (or your stats). I've come to prefer it. I used to clip CS into AcB for a stacked HoT. I became interested in Malediction, because of the combo into cBenediction. It allows you to turn your precision damage into healing. I'm currently using Rifle, and following McB with grenades and mortars can pump out some solid power-free heals, even if there's only a single target. It also gives you and 3 others a damage buff. Only power I could see dropping out for it was CS. It's working well so far. Also less costly than CS.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't like Consecrated Ground at all. I rarely use it. It did me no good with Jor-El in BIA. I prefer Cursed Idol though. It gives a steady hot even when not doing damage for a non-reaction layer of healing.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I find CS worthwhile as a solo healer, it's nice to have something ticking on the whole group to top people off.

When not solo healing I have no problem dropping it though it's really not that much esp with 2 healers HoTing and Bursting.

I've actually been running without a SC and McB in it's place. What I'm deciding on still is do I want cCurse/cPlague or a SC to swap in when I feel it's beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

Consecrated Ground really shines in situations where there are a lot of 1 shots or high damaging mobs. In situations where healing can keep up with with the damage it is mediocre. Basically use it in the hardest raids and your tank will love you.
    • Like x 2
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

This is why I try and do more burst powers (outside of DL.) Either way it will turn your weapon damage into healing and depending on your precision those numbers can be better than CS. In PVP I personally find McB a staple. In raids, not so much.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I just don't feel like there is this huge damage reduction on moderate damage with CG and it seems to last all of 5 seconds.
  19. Yallander Loyal Player

The duration is 12 seconds and it doesn't have a burst cap like other shields so it will mitigate all incoming damage for that time for anyone under it. The area isn't that big which is what some people have a problem with as it only covers whoever is under the cone.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Your biggest losses from going prec and prec mods.

You dots from cused idol if you run in
    Your explosions from cursed idol if you run it
    Your explosions dots and spread dots from plague
    Your explosion from death mark (not cleansed death mark that's prec)
    Your divine light dots if you run divine (cursed divine light is prec)

If you run one or multiple of those you can loose quite a bit

I also found if you run a load out with one or multiple of those I see better results from the Fos trinket followed closely by the precision trinket.
    • Like x 1