Goodbye, DC!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by The Incredible Fly, Sep 19, 2013.

1. The Incredible Fly New Player

I wasn't going to make a goodbye thread but... I'm freaking getting married !!

I'm only 22 so some people think I'm crazy but... I've been a hopeless romantic since I was 10 so this is a dream come true to me. We've been engaged for quite some time now but things were finalized just today and we'll be moving in together within a week. For the time being however I'll have to gather my stuff and plan for the future, which means there won't be any time for DC. At least not right now!

It's an awesome game and I've had some great times with it. It's unfortunate I had played for so long on the EU servers and only got to play for less than a month on US, but hey. Life is offering me better things and it's hard to compete with love ( ;

My wife (eeeeeee! I'm such a girl but I love saying it xD) is actually somewhat of a gamer herself and has told me she's wanted to try out Guild Wars 2. So if anyone happens to play that game I may see you there! Otherwise, it's been a great run and I loved meeting all of you.

Take care, DC and it's ever expanding Universe. You have one less villain to threaten your heroic ways.
    • Like x 8
  2. Meta Flare New Player

Congrats I guess.

But I have a question. If you won't have time for dc which is pretty casual, how do you expect to have time for guild wars 2?

And another question. What about getting married means you won't have time to play? This confuses me.
    • Like x 3
  3. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Good luck, man...Happy for you...You do know this is your oppoptunity to bring us another villain, right?
    • Like x 1
  4. Lightful New Player

Congrats but uh...

How does a spouse stop you from playing DC?
    • Like x 1
  5. MercPony Devoted Player

I congratulate you as well and hope everything goes great for you two.

But I also don't see how that is going to take time away from DC unless she really is insisting on you leaving DC to play GW2 with her lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Lightful New Player

Lol I was thinking the same thing
    • Like x 1
  7. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

He wants to spend time with his new/soon to be wife! Cut the guy some slack! Congratulations and good luck to you both! :D
    • Like x 5
  8. Charlie Fantom New Player

I've made at least three of these goodbye threads myself.
    At least 2 foretelling the downfall of the game itself.
    And numerous others calling into question the sanity of others decisions.
    You'll be back !
  9. The Incredible Fly New Player

^ Thank you, lol. I've played the hell out of this game. And because of our living arrangements, I've seen more of DC than I have of her face. So DC needs to be given a rest while we spend time together. Video games come and go all the time, love doesn't!
    • Like x 3
  10. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Best of luck! You sound like you're going to be very happy together, ain't nothing like young love :) Congrats, and hope to see you on here again in the future!
    • Like x 2
  11. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Totally! And it's not like this game is going anywhere anyway. You never know, she might want to play it with you eventually too! ^_^
    • Like x 2
  12. Stardazer Committed Player

Awww. This is adorable. Congratulations and best of luck to both you and your spouse! :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Jeeez, I was waiting to see a congrats comment and not just a congrats and interrogation comment lol
  14. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

o_O Huh? What interrogation?
    • Like x 1
  15. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Oh nevermind! I see! Meta interrogating lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm going to give you the best advice I can give you, my friend. I've been married twice. My first marriage, I didn't enter in lightly. She was 10 years older than me with 2 children. I was 26 when we married but we lived together for 4 years before we got married. In spite of our ages, we were a very happy couple. A short time after we married, things changed. We both changed. She became an unbearable you know what and although I was no saint myself the marriage ending wasn't all my fault. She decided that someone else was better for her. Too bad for her because the guy she left me for had a very public affair. Oh well, you reap what you sow I guess. In the end she did me a favor.

A year after my divorce was final(we had actually split up 2 years prior), I met this young girl, 9 years my junior, who turned out to be my soulmate. 12 years after we were married and nearly 16 years after we first met, we're still together and as happy as we were when we first met. 12 years of marriage and we still play grab-***. We enjoy each other's company. She is as much my friend as she is my wife. And our marriage isn't always puppy dogs and ice cream. We fight. Every couple fights but we work it out. We don't go do bed angry with each other. There's a lot of give and take. Something my first marriage didn't' have(my first wife was one of those never wrong type of people). And my wife has no issue with me playing DCUO. My first wife wouldn't have had any of it.

That said, as I said, marriage is a lot of give and take. Communicate. If something is bothering you, say so. Talk about it. Don't let it fester. And trust. Trust is job 1. If you lose trust, the marriage will fail. Never violate your wife's trust. Don't betray it. Pay attention to the vows. They aren't said just as a part of a ceremony. You must take the good with the bad and believe me, there will be bad. And love conquers all. If you have love you can move mountains. Good luck to you and your betrothed and may God bless you both.
    • Like x 2
  17. Faust74 Loyal Player

Getting married?

My Condolences to you.
  18. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Two very similar posts... o_O I see someone took his bitter pills today with a big glass of sarcasm.
    • Like x 2
  19. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

Congratulations!

Interrogation time.

Can I have your stuff?
    Why can't you get your wife to play DC?
    Why didn't you join USPC sooner?
    WHY DIDN'T YOU BE A HERO?
    WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING!?
    WHERE ARE THEY!?
    WHERE'SH THETRIGGERRR!?
    WHERE ISHZ IT!? YOU WOULDN'T GIVE IT TO AN ORDINARY SCHITIZEN. WHERE ISH IT!? WHERE'SHTHETRIGGER?! WHERE ISHZ IT!? WHERE ISHZ IT!?
    DO I LOOK LIKE A COP!?

I really hope for the best for you and your wife.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3