Why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iLuvFranny, Sep 18, 2013.

1. iLuvFranny New Player

Why does quantum feel weaker than when it was before? Was it nerfed or something?
  2. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Respec to celestial DPS is the goal if it was nerfed... (BTW if you only DPS you should anyways).
  3. Jc x New Player

I think it was. I got quantum the week it came out and have been it ever since.
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Could be a stealth nerf.

Sadly happens all the time.

Welcome to DCUO. :(
  5. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

To the best of my knowledge there were no changes to Quantum with GU30. But you would have to be a little more specific than 'feels weaker'.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 4
  6. Florida Boii Well-Known Player

Please don't tell me this...

Which particular move seems to be hitting less?
    • Like x 2
  7. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea it has felt a little weaker to me . That's how it is in DCUO a new power comes along then bam the nerf hammer comes out . I really feel bad for celestial players because when the update to nature and sorcery they are going to get smacked hard I mean a double of the nerf hammer .
  8. IThe PatchI New Player

It's not with GU30, it was with SoT. Some quantum fellows claimed that Tachyon Blast wasn't as damaging as before. I cannot be more specific cause I'm not quantum, but I've heard it from several sources since SoT came out.
  9. iLuvFranny New Player

I'm scared to respec to celestial. What if celestial also gets nerfed?
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

I just feel that Quantum is indeed in line with many other dps classes. So my question would be: Do you feel weak compared to Celestial/HL/Gadgets or do you feel weak compared to Electricity/Nature/Mental/Fire? I really can't remember if I played dps after SoT hit. I'm going to test it out but I do remember hitting up to 9k with Tachyon Blast and 2,Xk with Singularity/Graviton Bomb, still not tested Warp Barrage. Does these numbers sound familiar? If your around CR99 and they don't in the past few days/week there might be some issue..hmm..
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah. Spec all to celestial and ruin your runs ^^ Indeed they don't override their burst damage but they do override their DoTs. I'm already sick of some of my league member's decisions to spec into celestial, especially since I have two of them in my static group. Celestial is nice but some should realize that the top of the scoreboard doesn't matter that much...

Still....everyone if free to spec their power to whatever they desire...who am I to judge them...
  12. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

Hmm. I do not see any changes. If you are seeing something specifically different please post in the Quantum Powers thread in Dev Discussion. It is very active with Quantum users and with the devs.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 3
  13. IThe PatchI New Player

Yeah, two celestials on the same run are a no go. The initial big damage of the Plague>cDivine Light simply do not happen 2/3rds of the time.
  14. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I'll tell ya some nerfing that happened a couple updates ago and they were ninja nerfs. I submitted a Ticket through SOE Support to CS and they responded with this:

Greetings,

Thank you for following up on your ticket. If you'd like to stay up to date on all the latest patch notes and game changes I suggest you bookmark the following link:

If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

Go with peace,
    GM RuggedMonk
    Sony Online Entertainment LLC
    Stay up to date with the latest patches and developments! Visit the forums!

Now I didn't harass them, they're only CS, not the devs. The devs need the harassing. :p Not you in particular DM, you're a cool guy.

Quantum's Energy Expulsion has been hitting severely weaker towards the middle-end of August. Before, I would be able to hit, at 2800 Might on a 50% DPS Modifier:
    • 60% of the time @ 1600-2000.
    • 40% of the time @ 4000-6500.
    After the nerfing, it was severely weakened. The first two ticks are negligible since they deal only up to 300 damage:
    • 80% of the time @ 2000.
    • 20% of the time @ 4000-4500.
    That's not all. Tachyon Blast, on Graviton-Charged enemies on a 50% or 60% Modifier. Pre-nerf:
    • 05% of the time @ 0800-1000.
    • 70% of the time @ 2000-3000.
    • 25% of the time @ 7000-8000.
    Now within 1 month, Tachyon Blast has been severely nerfed:
    • 20% of the time @ 1000-2000.
    • 75% of the time @ 2000-3000.
    • 05% of the time @ 4000.
    I'm no mathematician (but I'm in MTH 2) but there are all the numbers I've been getting. I only do decent when I have enough Power, and Quantum uses WAY too much Power to do its damage. The Power costs I feel should be reduced and/or the DPS should be increased. People have been claiming that Energy Expulsion should be hitting for that 2000s since the multiplier from that might is 13.6 and the base damage is like 75ish or something. That's fairly weaker compared to other Powersets and it makes using a Finisher completely useless, DM. It completely broke that Power. I hope you also understand that almost every other DPS Power in the Time Tree is garbage. Look at your statistics to see how many people use what ability. Look at Distortion Wave or Warp Barrage. They use up TOO much Power and barely do more than 1000 damage. Distortion Wave always hits for 500s. Singularity hits for 300 without PI. That's a joke compared to what other Powersets can do. Quantum needs to have its base DPS incremented.

Gravity Bomb is a good hard-hitting ability. Gravity Well is on par with Electrocute. Anomaly, Time Bomb, Inspiral Waves need buffing as well. They're, with all due respect, bad Powers. Time Bomb is too weak to be used and it doesn't even do its damage as fast as others. Completely ineffective if you ask me. Quantum has literally 3 Grenade abilities and this third one is bad. Anomaly doesn't do much damage. Heck, the range is so short on it it is so ineffective for Paradox Wave and Nexus most of the time - the same DLC it came out with.

I'm personally really annoyed with Tachyon Blast and Energy Expulsion. Time Tree is horrible, no offense. Pls fix DM. I've looked at Power In on Scoreboards more than anything and know that Quantum eats the most Power. Even though many Controllers and groups are okay with it, I feel bad inside being Quantum since it uses too much Power. It's unbalanced. I've sent a /feedback in game on USPS3 when Energy Expulsion got nerfed but later on Tachyon Blast got nerfed and that made me feel even sadder. Help us make Quantum more playable. I've drank too many Soder Colas to not be a camel.
    • Like x 4
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

If the numbers you've shown are true, I agree with you in that point. After all I need to play a bit more dps. I am a controller through and through and that includes a bit way more than just power dumping and picking up people and such I am needed but after your post I'm really curious if things really did change that badly. I used to be 2nd after Nexus and Dox with a HL on top with less Power Out than 1st and 3rd - not to mention they were good dps after all. I think I'm going to announce that for the next week I'm literally needed to play dps in my static groups :)
  16. iLuvFranny New Player

So should I respec to celestial? I'm afraid it'll get nerfed
  17. Delta795 New Player

If you really wanna be a scoreboard chaser and not worry about nerfs go HL/Gadgets.
  18. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

It will or other new powers will be OP
  19. Dogzday Dedicated Player

They are at least with my character at that Might. I'm not for sure if my character is bugged because when I was Electricity Healing, my Bioelectric Surge was bugged a lot and wouldn't hit at times and would sometimes hit as low as a tick of Electro-Genesis if in intense GPU moments which took a GM to log into my account to fix a loooong time ago.

You can still do good damage with Quantum, but relative to its Power costs you will find it is not the most effective DPS for that part. It is almost entirely burst damage. Equivalent to HL in the sense HL is mostly burst damage (it does have great sticking DoTs though).

The only way you're going to be top DPS with Quantum, Precision/Might/Balanced (either way you're going to be clipping everything with Gravity Bomb and/or Singularity and since DW's charged throw has been nerfed a day or two ago, there aren't many options left other than the cookie cutter build, or mine or Florida Boii's awesome gameplay)...

The only way you're going to be top DPS with Quantum whatever your build is, you're going to eat a lot of Power. And the fact that some Quantum DPS (I know one on USPS3) go full Precision with Quantum shows that its Powers aren't that hard hitting and therefore we should use our weapon and not our abilities. That's a stretch, I know. But Quantum DPS is only good if you get infinite Power. As soon as you're out of Power, you won't do much.

P.S. thanks for completely reducing the quote since it saves room. :p I mean that in a good way.
  20. The Hornet New Player

Coud you be missing might? Check your stats, I'm short 21 might since the update.