Seriously? Will mics ever be fixed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savage Mind, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Savage Mind Committed Player

The game has been out for almost 3 years and I still have to relog every time I forget to turn my headset on before logging in. Can I expect a fix any time in 2013 or even 2014?
    • Like x 8
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I wouldn't bet money on it .
  3. Lightful New Player

You've been playing the game for 3 years and you still forget to turn your headset on before logging in?

Can I expect a valid explanation anytime in 2013 or even 2014?
    • Like x 3
  4. Savage Mind Committed Player

I don't always feel like listening to people's dollar store mics. Every pug group I join always has at least 2 mics that sound like they were left in the microwave for a few minutes.

It isn't just forgetting to turn your mic on where this is an issue. If your mic dies then you have to relog to turn it back on after a quick charge. If your mic randomly disconnects then you have to constantly relog. If you just want to get on the game and play by yourself but decide you want to group up with friends later then you have to relog for your mic. This have been an issue since launch. It is small but should definitely be fixed.
    • Like x 6
  5. Whiteroom New Player

The devs are busy with the important stuff. You know, Uncle Sam costumes and the like.
    • Like x 1
  6. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Hey don't forget those snazzy new effects when you pop a cola there off the chain yo !
    • Like x 1
  7. Little Sister New Player

Hopefully it will be better on the PS4.
    • Like x 1
  8. akaivy Dedicated Player

Which is wonderful, if you are getting a PS4 anytime soon. PS3 users will still exist, for a while anyway, and we will still expect things to work for us as well.

I would also like NOT to have to adjust my settings to get the screeching out every time I log in. I don't have to accept the changes, just go to settings, move the bar and exit without saving. No more screeching. I do have echo A LOT, which I don't have on any other game I play with the same headset.
    • Like x 3
  9. game007dad Well-Known Player

Unfortunately I highly doubt it since the PS4 will be the same server as the PS3 & share the same chat. Unless you want to make use of the cross-game chat option of the PS4.
  10. Lightful New Player

Personally, I've never encountered that problem.

By the way, I'm just teasing you. No hard feelings.
  11. Radium Devoted Player

I think if they ever fixed the mic issue when you load into the game, it would take months for me to break the habit of:

- Take headset off
    - Mute mic
    - Get to settings
    - Just a little twitch to volume control
    • Like x 4
  12. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I have no prob w/ my mic & I have a (ear force PX21 Turtle Beach wired head set)

People just need to find the perect setting for the game.
    netgear wire head set is the far worst for playing dcuo or even psn voice/mic chat. It would have a echo in your & the other person mic.
  13. Mega New Player

I never had to relog when my mic died or randomly disconnected. I just charged it and connected it again.
  14. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

We have a new version of the voice chat libraries going out today. This issue should be resolved with today's Update.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 6
  15. Little Sister New Player

Is this referring to the 200% volume when you first log in, or to the OP's comment about not being able to turn on the headset after the game has already started?
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So happy I went with a wired headset, don't have to worry about any of that stuff, I can turn my headset on or off whenever and it always sync's up....
    • Like x 1
  17. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

This is in reference specifically to the issue with mic's after the game has started. There are other fixes in there as well but I can verify that Vivox has addressed the issue with adding a mic after you start the game.

DM
    • Like x 5
  18. Little Sister New Player

19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Why wouldn't that have been in the GU notes ??? I'm sure that would make a TON of users happy yet this is the first people are hearing of it.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

Agreed. We will update the notes. The fixed libraries have been working their way through the release pipeline for awhile and got missed in the notes.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 2