Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I wasn't criticizing you for the CS combo, more in the irony of your posts. I've used it before it is do able.
  2. CerberusT Well-Known Player

I don't know if you've actually used it, but I have to completely disagree. The 5% crit bonus helps a lot. I usually throw up CS immediately afterwards and watch it crit for up to 400-500s.
    • Like x 1
  3. BrotherMutant New Player

Because yours was the first post I read when loggin onto the thread. Also, many (not just you) forget there are plenty of reasons that Burst and Hots should be used separately. No need to go through that long animation of AcB when topping off the whole team with a simple CS HoT will suffice. It isn't always about power either. For the longest time, I had it in my head that CS was weak and cost a lot of power; its actually cheap (same cost as Renew?) but is pretty weak PER PERSON. Multiply that though for all that receive it (of course assuming they need it) and it is a pretty damn decent heal. Would I use it as a MAIN heal if someone need health FAST? Hell no. But there is a USE to it in bigger teams.

I think Alpha and you others will really see a HUGE difference on what you put in your loadout when we get the Armories. From what little I understand about it, we will be able to "switch" from one loadout and PP/SP allocation into a completely different one. I am sure many will use this to be a better DPS/off role toon. I plan on using it to make a better healer build for raids/healer build for solo/duos/alerts. I firmly believe we all will see HUGELY different uses for many of these healing powers, stuff we all haven't considered in even this very comprehensive forum thread. Not criticizing any of you. Just be aware that many say "this or that won't work" up until someone proves that it does.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ekaterina Committed Player

Although i do agree that GL is better then CS, i disagree that the reason most healers are not using it is because they want to top the charts... It has a cast time so someone can die in it before you get the initial heal off. Not to mention you REALLY dont even need it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ekaterina Committed Player

lol i think his new loadout has a shield in it :)
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

4 person shield is ALWAYS a good idea. ;)

never even considered NOT putting the shield in my Loadout. As for GL, it is difficult for me to NOT pick it since I opened up the whole left side to get the shields, why not spend another PP to get GL too. Still, I go with Renew/Blessing/AcB/CS/DL/SC of my choosing. It all serves me pretty well so far.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ekaterina Committed Player

I always leave myself with 4 PP left after i spec my powers lol, So i can get my innates from the iconic tree... I BLAME PVP for that lol jk
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Shields in pvp are a gamble. If you are debuffed, useless, if you aren't awesome.
  9. Ekaterina Committed Player

O and to your shield comment totally agree only place shields dont work well at is n pvp because you get debuffed and it whips the shield.
  10. Thechemicals New Player

Hate to disrupt your squabble, but i wanted to discuss some celestial stuff.

So last night i tried testing a loadout with defile and darkpact in it. it goes

1. defile
    2. darkpact
    3. retribution
    4. iconic robot (curse for pvp)
    5. amazonion def (pvp)
    6. Iife drain

Defile has its jump cancel which is overrated but makes its point. Im at cr63 and doing t3 alerts and duos and i must admit i like this loadout. The damage is good and retribution proves again to be a superior staple power for celestial. ret+defile are great range attacks and my current rotation starts:

Life drain, darkpact, ret, defile, ret+ cele-combo.

What i like best about this loadout is that you have plenty of points left over for iconic passives- especially if you think amazonian or robot suck- gives you the chance to up your dom +25 and get +100 more power in addition to the standard staples. You only have to tap into the blessed tree for 2 points to get retribution, and then you can venture deep into the cursed tree and always have options like death mark or wither.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cadens Dedicated Player

You might wanna do a little work on that math. With 4225 restoration, CS ticks for 196-266.
  12. AIpha New Player

CS has a base of 10-14. With 4225 rest that is Healing=Base*(1+Resto*.0025). Healing=10*(1+4225*.0025)=115.625 or 116. Thats the math.
  13. Empowered Girl New Player

I bet is somewhere on this forum but does anyone know a good celestial healer pve load out i was in nexus yesterday and i was out healed a lot by an electric healer i my cr is 98. the other healer had some pieces of t5 i believe. i don't mean i want to heal the most every time i just want to come close not get out healed that much. i still working on a load out that works 4 me.. anything helps thx all
  14. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I have plenty of things I want to share but I have a feeling I'll get attacked for having a different opinion. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  15. AIpha New Player

What was your power and loadout before going celestial?
  16. AIpha New Player

Your right I PERSONALLY will eat you alive if you post anything that i have not posted already because I'm a big a$$hole with no remorse or feelings for anyone else.
  17. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

:eek:
  18. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Kill him his opinion differs from ours!

Run it by me in pm bud ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. AIpha New Player

I hope it was obvious I was joking:rolleyes:
  20. Cadens Dedicated Player

Your math is wrong dude. Put this in excel, and type in your numbers:

=(14*(1+0.65)*(1+(4225/400)))

14 is the max base, 4225 is my resto.