DCUO has lost its appeal, anyone else agree?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thorn_EUPS3, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Ivy Bird Committed Player

Technically this is a MMOAG (massive multiplayer online action game). If people wanna RP I don't mind or care, was just feeling pedantic :p
    • Like x 2
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The consensus in my league seems to be that the next DLC will make or break whether we continue to play...All we want is relatively challenging content (somewhere in between Nexus/Paradox and the new DLC) with WORTHWHILE rewards

I dont want to spend 2 hours in a raid to get gear that marginally upgrades my character...The best gear should be purchased, weapons should be purchased/dropped in alerts and the equivalent to tier gear shouldnt just be handed out at any level like what was done with DLC 8

Bring on FOS 2, Inner type raids, lose the glitchy 1 shot fests...I want fun a raid with REAL mechanics and REAL objectives instead of just mindlessly DPSing for 5 minutes and hoping that a boss doesnt hit me with an invisible canister that kills me instantly
    • Like x 1
  3. Dogzday Dedicated Player

It's boring now. I haven't even logged on to the forums that much - just enough to see the progress of the game through Announcements. Just the Announcements that is directed to casual end-users (not like me, who like hardcore gaming).

I'm starting to play less and less of DCUO every week. It's the only game I really found enjoyable but like all other games, it's another grind. Call of Duty was a grind from Rank 1 Prestige 0 to Rank whatever Prestige 10/15. When my Sub drops, I'll only be on to run T5 Raids, help people, or talk to people. I don't feel like wasting time to find Raids anymore sometimes and I don't even want to get started with the community. But I will because no great story doesn't contain stuff about the community!

It's like people like to scapegoat others for their own faults. I've been told from the beginning I must suck since I'm Quantum and most of Quantum's abilities are pretty weak at base damage without PI. I've been kicked out of groups because I'm 1 CR short of running the content. I've seen people demand 90+ roles for Black Dawn. I've seen people swear at others if they don't get their 2000+ Resto solo Healer that MUST be Nature for FoS2. I personally have been butchered at (if I even used the word correctly, figuratively of course) verbally because my Vit was at 1100 for Gates and not 1200+. I've ran Duos and had to do all the work because the other person didn't want to. My friend has been called out because he's Celestial and from his experience, told me that everyone is telling him that Celestial sucks because most of those people are too dumb to actually learn that Powerset. Like my case with Quantum.

I know so many people switched to Quantum and back because they disliked the damage output it does. And very little people switched to Celestial. I'll tell ya something. The first two Powers (first one in each tree) make for a extremely fun leveling up experience. Cast Blessed, combo Cursed clip with cast Cursed, combo Blessed. That right there was so fun when leveling up that I can spam those two suckers and the combinations all day and things die so fast. If I did that with Quantum, my Power bar would be empty. With Celestial, it's half-full. Pretty neat in my opinion. Anyways this was kinda off topic lol.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that DCUO is just plain boring now. There isn't much to do. Select DCUO from the Desktop or XMB, debate on what character/Power you want to play as, look for a group to Queue or just solo Queue, and kill stuff. Feeling bored? Turn on your music and farm. Well farming isn't something everyone can do. Too boring for me and makes the game less enjoyable. I'm here for hardcore fun. Not for hardcore grinding. I can grind Marks but I can't spend hours farming. To boring for me. I'm only 19 so I crave some action yenno. My conclusion's getting long so I'll wrap it up. In short, DCUO has been really fun. I'll still play it from time to time. Weekends only. Other than that, I'm moving on to flawless PC gaming with my Lenovo Ideapad Y510P that I use for graphic designing and coding and other extraneous college stuff.

I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts (kinda), and most of all, GTA V. I think my character on DCUO has evolved enough and I shouldn't waste too much time grinding for 88 gear that I know I'll never get due to the loot tables in this game. I'd rather wait for T6 and play then. I'm not even interested in the new DLCs. They'll be a lot of rehashed content (watch the keynote if you think I'm wrong). Rehashed and more Operations that not many asked for. I don't like loading screens - especially those that never changed in 3 years. Can you imagine your Desktop on slideshow with the same 5 wallpapers for 3 years? I think I would have known the exact color of every pixel in hexadecimal by then! On that note, I'll stop typing in this thread.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

The issue is that as we get more and more powerful and the one dimensional nature of the battle system shows.

if not one shots all you get is the trigon alert.
    They devlopers aren't doing much wrong, its just kind of all thats left. its sad but its what this game is.
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

I'm sure I'll always play this game even if it means I log in once a week or month. I can definitely see myself limiting my time online if the content isn't fun and just too easy. Like now.

I agree with what you said. I think the way the progression was from tier 1 to t4 was great. You purchase the new tier and you get tier 1.5 2.5 3.5 in raids along with a chance at a good weapon. I do think the better weapons should be able to be purchased with marks instead of relying on damn luck.

If they do decide to continue to give us the best gear off of the last boss only in new content then they should let us get a journal where we can choose which piece we want if the high item level drops like the raven bounty. That idea is brilliant idk why the hell they don't implement it on the HT bots and current new raids.

They need to rehire the same people that designed the Fos raids, inner and kandaq. They need one raid that is easy and one that is hard for players to choose from. This caters to casuals and hardcore players. 2 raids in big group dlcs is not a lot. The easy one requires little time spent designing except for appearance. Just make it another gates for the casuals and the harder one is the one they should spend more time on and throw in some tough objectives requires teams to delay NPCs with pulls or something. Like creating a barricade off rocks from a wall or mountain or something to hold off a mob. Or NPCs that only take damage in a room if they are debuffed or are exposed to some icon we have to move.

The current Dev team is lacking in creativity with raid design and if they only listened to ideas for raid objectives from us and offered difficulty choice with 2 raids they would be doing better. The old raids and progression worked so why change it? Give me back my Fos designed raids.
    • Like x 4
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

On some level, aren't all video games Role-Playing Games? That'd make it an MMOARPG :D

Oh, and to the OP:

Nope.
    • Like x 1
  7. LisaLoeb New Player

I am very bored. Taking a short break from the game once again and went back to WoW, seeing as how they sent a free expac and week of gametime to try and win me back, haven't played in years. I been playing the past few days and the differences are very obvious. Dc overall is a better game. Better mechanics, graphics, and playstyle. I have more fun controlling my toon in dc than in WoW definitely, but that's where it ends. The content from the one expac in WoW has more content than Dc in 3 years of existance. Waiting three months for 3 duos and an alert that I am overgeared for just doesn't cut it. That and the fact that I am so overgeared for stuff (we are all overgeared for) that I have no interest in running anything ever.

The new raids grew on me. While I absolutely hate one shot mechanics and the lag, at least it's better than blowing through gates in 2 minutes with a bunch of cr 90^ people. Eh, I just want more from Dc. This game has so much potential for more. We need more cities and an increased level cap. Give us a reason to do solo quests. The new ones are just there......if you're geared already there is no point to run them. This game seriously needs a big time expansion. This piddly little dlcs that are beaten within a few hours need more content in them. If this dlc and the last were one release, that'd be acceptable and should be the template for future dlc.

Edit: and the world is lifeless. How much stuff can happen in ONLY dc and metropolis? Can we get a new area please? A real third city. How much junk can you cramp in two cities?
    • Like x 1
  8. LIVETASER New Player

I am burnt out, and I cancelled my sub which ends next month. Main reason, DLC 7, second reason is lack of proper reward for the content and constant grinding all for nothing. I feel that in the last boss of any raid, the gears that drop should be unattuned for whoever gets it to use for their role. i took a step back and realized that despite the fact that I like DLC 8, it is not enough to keep me maintain my sub. The styles that drop are recycled. We have mentioned that the T5 bosses should drop those rare pieces instead still getting rapture, shaman, viking....blah, blah, blah. What happened to avatar infiltrator, hive defender, digital invasion, dagger point. too many issues with this grinding that burns a person out. i have ran the contents till I got tired. Time to switch next month or 3 weeks to another game. Good luck guys.
    • Like x 3
  9. Delta795 New Player

10. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

2 things need to be fixed:

1) Nexus and paradox need to be nerfed, or at the very least have the bugs fixed. Too many times now I've ran it and then we can't get past 3rd boss or final boss.

2) Loot tables need to be fixed. The number one complaint lately is that nothing worthwhile is dropping after spending hours upon hours of doing T5 content; winding up with nothing useful. As a controller, I just love getting an 87 tank piece which I salvage into damaged components. Totally worth 2 hours of my life.
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

So are periods. Those commas give me a head ache.

Ummm no. There is a correct way to spell and then there is the wrong way. There is also proper sentence and paragraph structure. They are necessary for life, well not necessary, but required if you don't want to look uneducated or ignorant.

But, back to the OP's message. While I agree that there are people who get bored with the content, not everyone shares these feelings. If you are bored, go do something else. Maybe read a book or start on that homework that has been piling up because you were playing an online game. You may learn a few things. XD To quote someone kinda famous:
    “Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive...then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”-Howard Thurman

Seriously, go do what makes you come alive.
    • Like x 3
  12. Breakforce Loyal Player

That's not how words work
    • Like x 4
  13. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

If the game had lost its appeal to me, I would have much better things to do with my time than come on these forums and talk about it.
    • Like x 2
  14. Claire Bear New Player

Spelling is not subjective, therefore you are incorrect. :confused:

Regarding the appeal of the game past t4, it seems like there are two camps. Those who have a need to be at the top of the game regardless of other factors and will do whatever it takes to be there. That is camp 1. Camp 2 gets to t4 or past t4 a little bit, gets annoyed by the raid difficulty/loot lameness and starts to withdraw from the game and complain on forums, etc. Don't know what camp I will fall into yet as I am just cr74.
  15. TroEL Dedicated Player

What's the point of this thread?
    • Like x 2
  16. Thechemicals New Player

Lethargy and apathy is what happens when you live inside a video game. Dont hate the game, hate the player.
    • Like x 1
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Thechemicals New Player

and this forum isnt a formal place. Its a blogspot. :p :O lol, roflmao, ftw, etc.
  19. Claire Bear New Player

:mad: :(;), then :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Twilight Man New Player

-qued up for PvP
    -I go into Central City to kill some reapors while waiting for arena to load after waiting a long time
    -Arena decides to finally load right after Central City loads up
    -Power Girl loading screen
    -Power Girl loading screen...
    -More Power Girl loading screen
    -Quit entire game, re-log into server
    -Try to que up for PvP again
    -Deserter Penalty

[IMG]
    • Like x 1