Celestial DPS is way OP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Infinity, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

Lol everyone here just hasn't seen Celestial hit its stride thats why there hasn't been to many nerf comments but i have seen it and its really the best dpsing power hands down .... but i will not go into detail on why it is there are atleast 5-10 good reasons y its the best but imma wait for everyone else to see it with their own two eyes XD
  2. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

You r kidding right? Yeah i got to admit that celestial has pretty good stuff like divine lights range for example. but honestly i dont think its OP, think about it like this, a quantum dude can pull out 8k hit with tachyon blast, a celestial dps can pull out 4 1200 hits to differentet
    targets plus the 200 dots per target from dovine light combo,yeah i said 200 because the damage splits, do the math and you ll find out that the damage is almost the same as well as the execution time. And HL can clip whip Trash in less than a second and it can do 4 hits 400 each average at 1481prec plus the phantom grenade from rifle, do the math.
    IM not saying that celestial,HL,quantum are OP, yeah celestial is easy becausr if u cast retrib and combo into withe ull be just fine but gues what? Spam ram combo to WT clip it with ST como Fan Pt all over and the damagr will be almos the same.
    The question we all should be doing is:
    was your gear better than the celestial dps? Was it otherwise?
    Where u and the other dps full expert moded?
    How Many SP?
    and the most important thing....which combo were u using and how fast u were clipping it?
    And for the PPL who is wondering, i got a HL DPS as well as a Celestial DPS.
    I have beaten a quantum and celestial dps witg my HL toon but not by far.
    I have beaten a Hl and Quantum with my celestial Dps.
    But dont get me wrong, i have been dps out from the whole three powersets.
    peace out buddies
  3. Chuccles New Player

Did he say because a celestial outdamaged a hardlight its OP?!?!?! Seriously bro... lol I just...Do you even see the iro...nevermind. I quit. I hope they don't change a single thing in celestial.
    • Like x 2
  4. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Every once in a while I see someone who knows what there talking about and I just can't help but smile lol.

No the "damage out" part of celestial is not over powered in anyway...If you are getting terribly out dpsed by a celestial, it is probably because you do not know the basics of dps(and were therefore never able to create an effective rotation)

But the "power in" required to do decent damage with it is so low, that I personally think it is the first unbalanced thing in the game in a long time(that may actually be intended anyway, there were dozens of game breaking glitches).

With 2 good controllers, power costs tend to become irrelevant, but the fact that this can function to a pretty high degree without that condition has quite a few(experienced) players raising eyebrows.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Too heavy for a Tier 2 power, no? I'd imagine the lowbies trying to use it.
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm glad you had the balls to actually make a thread about this Infinity. There's only like 2 or 3 people in here who actually know what they're talking about and, yes, I do think celestial will be adjusted at some point. Literally the first time I dpsed with celestial in a raid I went from being last in dps as gadgets to 1st just ahead of bedo after the first boss in paradox... with might specced gear and mods, lol.

I think there's a fundamental flaw whenever people say celestial dps is fine because it's similar to HL. HL has clearly been the best dps in most situations forever now and the only limiting factor was supplying enough power and not messing up your combos so you go whipthrashing straight into the paradox sentry or something. With celestial you have no limitations on power or range or even skill. Doing retribution spam is dirt cheap, max range, nearly impossible to mess up, and, quite frankly, all you need to succeed.
    • Like x 2
  7. Shadow Vlad New Player

And that makes it OP?
  8. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yet again... So celestial is OP because it beats you in 1-2 raids so that makes it OP? But then anything you use to beat celestial with under T5 isn't over powered either? Lol

Just because paradox or nexus is the highest end game content atm doesn't make it the only content that matters, just because some have reached max gear and are just waiting for those few extra little 88 pieces to finish off their gear doesn't make them priority to the game, that's very selfish on other players.. There is more to this game then just 2 raids.

I don't want to be rude but...judging by your posts n comments... You are just a scoreboard chaser who has been out dpsed and now has to shout for Nerf/OP power.
    • Like x 2
  9. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I am HL DPS cr 99, but atm i switched to celestial for trying it out. I Still do more DMG with HL, ergo Celestial is not better than HL, ergo Celestial is NOT OP.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

As a former HL DPS who is now celestial I will say that celestial is not OP. But like Jeebie said that dmg per power on retribution is off causing it to have a better dmg to power ratio then it should.

This isn't game breaking. As was stated in low content things die to fast for it to matter and in T5 raids with good controllers power won't be an issue for anyone making this a non-issue. People are just complaining for the sake of complaining now.

Also as was said the highest DPS rotation for celestial has a whooping 400 power per second cost, without two extremely good controllers it's next to impossible for a celestial DPS to max out its dmg potential.
  11. Korvyne Committed Player

I don't get this mentality, but it does seem to be all over DCUO. You're HL cos it tops the charts, celestial is doing better now or the people using celestial are now beating you and you don't like it, *stamps foot, folds arms, sulks. So to get back on top you want to switch but then if it gets nerfed you'd have to switch back. Hmmm ever thought of playing the power you enjoy using or as you are already good with HL, stay that and be happy.
    I wanted to try celestial too, but I didn't switch my main, I made a new toon, try that, it really is enjoyable.
    • Like x 2
  12. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

No want look rude friend, but all rpgs, mmo have class more powerful and more weak, in dc this already happen.
    If you dont want play with a celestial in your party, simply go away but i dont see that a nerf will do this game better, dont do much diference im pve you be first, second or last in square, if you persist you will reach in cr 98 in anyway.
    Like i say this is a game about DC universe is in time that power be well represented, powers like lantern, quantun and mainly celestial should be strong, first because they are for membership members, who will buy membership if powers are all the same the diference is only the effects?! Other DC game is to call fans of comics that want see power of theyr caracters in action.
    Celestial power is already nerfed, this power to my is more to phantom strange than spectre, i hope buffs, like changes in combos, i stay with my hand hurting doing that combos.
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Good. I hope they're d***s about it too.
    Of course the new power-set was going to have the edge - to make score-junkies like You buy respec tokens... So just do it already and stop whining.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

ahhh did the DPS get beat on the scoreboard
    [IMG]
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

It's not that good :rolleyes:
  16. Thechemicals New Player

Someone outdpsed you as a celestial.... Time to nerf celestial.

Some of you professors and theorists that think you are the pinnacle of this games dps rules/mechanics.You are not. You are also not even able to make an accurate observation because all your observations are being based off of your own characters capabilities.
  17. AIpha New Player

How'd that work for Earth when it came out?
  18. AIpha New Player

The only thing wrong with Celestial is the power. We can compete with the best but our power in is usually much less.
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

considering half the HL crowd has jumped to it, it must be pretty powerful

sometimes I hate being loyal to a power it seems if all you care about is dps you just hop to whatever is the hot thing
  20. Captain Just New Player

Captain Just does not support this message, Just saying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.