Im i the only one dissapointed with the Celestial power animations?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheBirdOfSteel, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

Firstly let me say i love Celestial , i use it for healing and its epic.

However im somewhat disappointed by the animations of most of the powers.
    They are so small and boring compared to the other DLC powers. They also dont seem to have alot of thought put into them due to most of them being emotes which are already in the game. For example "death mark" is just the "POINT" emote or the "Sacrifice" supercharge which is just the "BRING IT" emote and there are a few others which do the same thing.

The other dlc powers have really big epic looking moves , for example compare Quantum shields to celestial's.

Am i the only one feeling like this?

Also i take into account the following
    • PS3 memory restrictions causing a limit to animations
    • Coding the combos may have taken most of the development time
    • Any budget cuts/Saving money
    I just hope it gets an update/revamp when it can int he future.

Other than that i think its fantastic. :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

XD i like it .... i guess since they did make the power so that everyone could feel like me, you know ...Godly XD
  3. Lynx Committed Player

Many of the animations are disappointing, yes. A few are good (like smite/haunt, wrath of the presence/consume soul, admonish/blight), but I really hate how some of them are nothing more than just pointing or moving your hands and a little glow, with no actual connecting effect to the target.
    • Like x 1
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I actually really like the point personally. I think it's pretty cool.
  5. blklightning New Player

I LOVE the animation of cleansed Consume Soul. Consecrated Ground looks like one should be ascending to the heavens.

It does look like Anoint and Guardian's Light share the same animation though... or VERY similar.
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

The death mark "point" makes since flavor wise. You're pointing out your target marking him for death, when you look close at the marked target there is black stuff on it's chest to indicate it was marked.
  7. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

i wouldnt mind as much had it not been for so many of the other moves already just being emotes
  8. Thechemicals New Player

liking or disliking all depends on how much you like the hand blaster animations and iconic power pull animations. The death mark is cool though.
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

well the truth is all of the powers in the game use from the same selection of character animations. there hasn't been any new character animations created since launch. so celestial is just pulling from the same pool.

character animation takes a really long time to do properly and it's pretty challenging so im not surprised that they haven't been adding anything new in a way. that said, i do think it's really sad that the new powersets don't come with character animations created exclusively for them. players are paying for the powersets. they deserve something fresh.
    • Like x 1