Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I base mine usually off of what button the combo before it finishes on.

For example I have retribution on L2-Triangle because I go to in most of the time from another Retribution or a Malediction-cBenediction.

This has been my practice for a long time.
  2. Tikkun Loyal Player

1 - Second most used heal
    2 - Clippable power
    3 - Most used heal
    4 - SC
    5 - Oh crap heal
    6 - Shield

I play with a controller and this is the most fluid way for me to clip and combo personally. No matter what healing power I play, this is always the pattern. I need everything centered around the top button because I use ranged weapons. I base the combos around this and if a combo doesn't work with this set-up, I don't use it...but I haven't found an impossible combo yet.
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

What I've done regardless of powerset (dpsing):

1-3 are commonly used things that either flow together or have low cooldowns
    4-5/6 buffs or cooldowns
    5-6 oh **** buttons/supercharges

Basis for this? None.
    • Like x 2
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The overall goal of a loadout is to make it easy to execute. I think PS3/PC controller users have to focus on this much more. Which powers do you put on your Triangle Key because if you're hitting that a lot doing weapons combos then you want that easy transition. You don't want to put your SC there where you might accidently hit it. For PC you can remap your keys and such so it's much easier.

I play keyboard, so i have my powers set to 1, 2, 3, R, F, X

I typically put Shields on 3, and SC on X then Spam moves in R and F and the others in 1 and 2.

With Celestial I actually mixed it up though.

I use SC in 1, Dark Pact in 2, 3 is a power used basically only for it's might damage clipped with DDark Pact.

Then R is secondary spam, F is primary spam, X is Malediction.

So in the end I basically do X-range tap-range hold clip with 3 clip with 2, range tap, clip with F tap melee tap range and continue the chain.

With this I have my buff on X to initiate the start of my rotation. THen I have either 1 or 3 right next to my clipping Dark pact so I can easily slip in either a might power or SC. Then spam moves easily avialable as usually with r and f.

For healing I go back to normal setup though with CS-1, Renew-2, Blessing-3, DL-R, Admonish-F, SC-X
    • Like x 1
  5. zickyjacks New Player

For me since I use the xbox control, I base the order of my loadout on how far away my thumb has to travel; really just how easy it is to access.
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

Mine is usually in the order I typically use them. So say Malediction is something I want on cooldown, its in slot one. My most commonly used attacks/heals are in the first three slots. Weird or situational powers are in 4 and/or 5, with 6 always being the SC. Always been this way for me.
  7. Snix Dedicated Player

I tend to keep my combo's together. Tryed putting it in order of my rotation once and it was bad.
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

1. Variant Main - Smite
    2. Main Power - Retribution
    3. Variant Cast - Plague
    4. Buff, DoT, Variant Cast - Malediction, Divine Light
    5. Buff, Pet, or rarely used slot - Robot Sidekick, Dark Pact
    6. Supercharge

Main Power on 2 since it is straight above the W button where my finger has blind access to it. Button 5 has to be filled with rarely used powers since I tend to press 6 instead and I dont want to pull of the SC for nothing.
    • Like x 1
  9. AIpha New Player

I place the power on the same button as the first button in the combo. EX Retribution goes on a square because the combo is tap SQUARE, tap triangle. Malediction goes on a TRIANGLE because Malediction combo is tap TRIANGLE, hold Triangle. Everything else is just filled in. You have two squares and two triangles and I only have 4 powers I combo so I'm good to go.
  10. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

I see a lot ppl use smite cH, why this over Haunt cS. Personally I like haunt cS animations better and would rather to use that. So whats the benefits I will be missing out on if I go that route vise versa?

Is there anyway to get off cWotP since its up close range or should I stay away from it until I get better gear?

I believe it was JEEBIE that said they didn't use a supercharge on dps loadout pardon me if I am wrong, but what do you use in replace of Supercharge if you don't mind me asking?
  11. AIpha New Player

New healing Loadout: GL, DL, Admonish, Blessing, Anoint/Renew, Cursed Idol. I've come to the conclusion that CS is ticking WAY too low atm because over the 6s it ticks I can just hit admonish twice and heal for more. If the group takes damage I just use Admonish/Blessing/DL and if there is more damage coming I clip into GL. If not I don't.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

HcS is less DPS basically. That's it :D. it's higher might but much lower prec so even in a might based pretty sure ScH wins out.

You can get to mid range and get the cWotP combo off. You won't be in melee range but just right outside it. It's risky though.

I didn't use a SC when I used the RDJ combos as I just didn't have the points. The dps addition a SC would have made IMO would have been worth less than the powers I was using or the 3%+ dps addition each iconic gave.

I do use a SC now as I don't get defile and have the points. But, RDJ is still the top dps, just hard to pull off and I will admit I don' t have the finger dexterity of someone like Kaiser007 and I refuse to break down and macro... it's cheating.

I tend to use Cursed Idol as I like it's DPS potential but life drain is a bigger burst and you can buff it and get more damage out of it for sure on a single boss. CG is also an option as it's just so good when it's useful. You may never see a situation you would have used it in but I have alraedy hit a few where it's saved the group.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The only reason I like CS is it hits 16 allies. That's pretty huge considering we don't have anything else that does that. It's the only thing that will hit my whole group. Sure it doesn't do much but it's still help when the whole group gets hit. I know they don't do much but /shrug keeping the lex/batman up in paradox isn't bad and a nice side bonus.

Is GL really needed though? I find AcB, Renew and DL to cover most situations. Toss in a shield/SC for ohh **** moments and I just can't see myself locking myself down to get small ticks waiting for that big tick which might either be too late or not needed by then.

How much and often does GL tick for initially? I seemed low to me but I haven't actually kept track.
    • Like x 1
  14. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I'm ordering more for combo and clipping, my SC is on square so I put anoint on triangle for better clipping and things like that.
  15. DEATHTAG New Player

I like cursed idol for the 29 dots and its cheap use. Perfect for bosses in end game content. But I haven't tried life drain. It prob is a burst sc right? Is it single target or AOE?
  16. Owl Devoted Player

I place Celestial powers in loadouts based on the first button needed for the combo.
    On a PS3 Controller, the Melee button is Square and the Range button is Triangle (see picture below).
    So a Combo that starts with Tap Melee will be either L2+Sqaure or R2+Square.
    14 of Celestial's combos start with Tap Melee. 2 start with Tap Range.

For all power sets, I place a Supercharge on L2+X so I don't accidentally use it while performing Weapon combos.
    If I have a power that has a long cast or long cooldown, I place it on L2+Circle as it will be accessed less often.
    I try to place a power that can clip on R2+Triangle as I can pull that off using just my Right hand.

[IMG]
    Note that when I list powers in a loadout on the forums, the list order is not my physical loadout order. I typically list powers in my order of usefulness. So if I feel a power is more important or will be used more often, I list it higher.
    • Like x 2
  17. Thechemicals New Player

I think people are worried haunt might cancel out or override a current dot. I use smite because its a fast hit of damage, and when i think of dots...2 tics isnt really attractive.
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

I set my power tray based on how I clip the powers with the only exception being Blight which I rotate in often for the crit bonuses.
  19. Thechemicals New Player

Its a shame that celestial did not bring a more "vampiric" type power. I was expecting a power that would sacrifice some of your health for more damage. Darkpact could have been more original if it had the same benefit but could stack like "aftershocking" to give up more life for even more damage. I love dynamics in a game, and i think now that the initial celestial excitement slowed, you can see alot of relativity in the celestial class.

The most original power is sacrifice, though i wonder if they even thought about adding a power like this for the cursed tree instead of yet another reskinned 35% health or less double-damage power. It does seem strange that life-drain and cursed idol resemble each other so much...its almost as if they replaced a much cooler and more unique type spell.
  20. Spidersting Committed Player

At first i had my loadout set up so that same combos were next to each other. So if i had a tap melee, hold melee combo on my bar and i had another that had the same combo i would put them next to each other.

That worked for a bit to learn the combos for each power. Once i knew what power had what combo i was able to place them anywhere and now if i respec i just spend 5mins at the sparring target making sure i remember the combos. And then some powers i don't even bother with the comboed version depending on what role i am playing.
    • Like x 1