Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Yes that what I aked but was sure if it was the exact time.
  2. Thechemicals New Player

Celestial is ideal for a straight weapon dps style with precision celestial combos.Im currently testing neo-venom with celestial for a strong precision power+precision weapon tactic. Of course, all my skill points are in crit damage% for this to be viable.
    The loadout goes:

1. Malediction combo'd into Cbenediction
    2. Benediction
    3. Neo-venom casted right before wrath of the presence spam
    4. Wrath of the presence spammed then turned into celestial combo spam
    5. Life drain used with neo-venom as well
    6. (left open for pvp) add retribution in pve.

Pros: the wrath presence combo on large groups helps proc the neo-venom, helping maximize its proc number which is 5-8 times, i forget. Also, the life drain super charge does so as well. Last night i freaked out because the life drain tic and neo-venom procced at the same time but right next to each other making it look like i hit for 198101. I thought i discovered a bug but the mob didnt take that much damage- it was just 198 and 101 hehe. There were times when neo-venom was in harmony with all my attacks, cele combos, and tics; the damage was extremely fast, bossess sometimes losing up to 50% of there health within seconds before the uptime of neo.

Cons: As usual neo-venom falls short. The proc rate is slow and you always wonder if you got the full tics from it. Its a great support power and i believe its better than annoint and less animation time but still more costly. While annoint gives 11 more precision damage which calculates well into precision celestial combos, it just doesnt pull out the burst damage of neo-venom and overall damage. Besides that.... neo-venom just doesnt work with this load-out beyond a massive burst every now and then- the loadout is capable of doing respectable dps with just weapon combos and celestial combos. However, it doesnt hold up versus heavy power aoe dps so you wont be getting top dps with it.

Best Weapon: Im using 1h because it is the smoothest and fastest for the damage, but i believe 2h might prove to be better with doomspin and because it hits hard without having to enter into a combo, which helps in raids when everything is dying fast and you want to get in a hard hit. Rifle appears to be the best for precision celestials, but it seems just ok for me for its mortar only but not much else in the way of combos and any skills points put into the supercharge max attacks are worthless when you need a stapled cursed idol or life drain. Dual wield would be great if the spin attack wasnt 10 clicks away. I may end up goign 2h or brawling.

EndTest: I think Malediction is very sensitive of a combo for a good test as im ussually missing the cele combo to keep it up 100%, so ill keep testing. I find it hard to remember to keep the benediction buff up 100% of the time when i start getting into my "dps zone". Forgetting to keep it up for even 10 seconds means losing thousands of potential damage. It is exhausting to keep it up and so far im about 18k less dps than my loadout that consists of lots of aoe and darkpact. Neo of course will have to go....and the search for finding a place for that power in any pve loadout continues.
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Might I ask what content you are running?

Also 18k dps isn't even possible. Nobody can even do more than 2.5k dps.
  4. Thechemicals New Player

I started a celestial from level 1. Right now he is at cr60 and running FoS1,2,3, and all alerts and duos t3.

I said im doing 18k less damage(dps and dmg i use the same sometimes) than my normal loadout, not that im doing 18k damage attacks.
  5. Lights Derp Loyal Player

He was confused when you said 18k DPS. 18k DPS means that you do 18k damage per second, where you ment it as total dmg done not damage per second.
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

Nice to see someone else trying to use more of those iconic powers than just me. I always end up trying to use NVB in a new toon as I love its highly diverse buff it gives (+Weaponization, + lame defense buff, Might Ticks) but actually haven't tried it out on this Celestial toon. Had a few NVB test questions for ya:

1) I see you tested it with WotP that you say you spam. I never use WotP for anything (unless I am comboing into it from CS to WotP). Is WotP a good/fast power? I thought others were reporting it as being slow and not worth the cast time, or were they saying WotPcCS wasn't worth it?
    2) You mention that NVB was proccing off of Life Drain? That sounds sweet if true, but have you tried it on Cursed Idol? Was curious as if it procs of of the CI ticks, you might see more ticks or use all the NVB ticks before the Idol disappears.
    3) Same question above for any of the DoTs really. My main thought is: does it have to be a MIGHT tick or a Precision tick that triggers the NVB ticks? I was under the assumption that only Precision ticks triggered it, but can't say as I remember for sure.
    4) Was always curious, but not sure. Does NVB get "boosted" from: crit buffs; damage bonus (like the 50 or 60% ones); or now even Dark Pact (which SHOULD in my opinion)?

Anyway, kudos again for at least trying it out. Will be nice to finally find a "home" for NVB if someone convinces me it is worthwhile. Personally, I am now gonna go home this evening and try:

Dark Pact--> NeoVenom Boost--> Cursed Idol on a decent sized mob to see if it is any better or worse than just DP + Cursed Idol.
  7. Thechemicals New Player

1.Wotp is very good, its been a staple on all my loadouts. For one its spammable/low cooldown. Also, its a pure aoe hit initially and then another hard precision aoe hit that has great range and pulls in mobs towards you. Wotp celestial combo can hit multiple targets. Finally, it isnt slow at all. The celestial combo can be clipped so you dont have to drag the animation, which is slow. The clip i use is Wotp/Celestial combo+retribution. Another good clip with it is Consume Soul+ it celestial combo+ back to Wotp. Youll basically do a double hop as you drop 2 wraths at the end.

1. Wotp+celestial combo+(clip)consume soul+Corrupted Wtop+Wotp.
    2. Wotp+celestial combo+ (clip) retribution+celestial combo+ (clip) Wotp

Wtop is the best super hit ive seen in any celestial power. retribution is a close second. I suppose people dont like it because it doesnt dot. Also, many people are confused and think it cancels out dots, which it does not.

2. Yeah nvb was proccing of life drain which was not supposed to happen. ill do it again tonight, but it was either life drain proccing or proccing from malediction. You are right its not supposed to.

3. The reason i added nvb was because i thought it would proc of celestial precision combos. It did proc from retributions combo but when i did a multiple-target-precision-aoe-celestial combo, it did not proc. The idea was that if i hit multiple targets with a precision combo that the nvb would proc in fast order on each prec dmg. Sadly it did not. I am not sure, but i think nvb is not set right for celestial precision attacks.

4. good question. I havent paid attention to that but i dont ever remember nvb cirt proccing. Will have to see, but i like the way your thinking. Would be sick.
  8. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

By listening to this guide I was able to find a loadout for healing and was able to solo heal mbot/sbot/ and carry a t3 healer into gates.

Thanks for all the help I found in this guide.
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

Nvm. Time values. Right.

But still, why no Admonish on first page?
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I just checked my noted for admonish. I have the dmg numbers looking like this

Might: 20-28
    Perc ATK%: 264% or 2.64 for calculations.

Hope this is what you were looking for bud.
  11. Roomba Dedicated Player

So, I'm obviously no whiz at this stuff. This is just conjecture, but in a perfect where where the mob is being tanked and you have minimal risk of being knocked down or interrupted, wouldn't max DPS be as follows:

Keep Mal and DP on cooldown and then just cycle AcB, CScWotP, RcW?

Obviously impractical in many cases, but totally doable in most nexus fights.

That being said, do I wanna drop having PcDL for getting CScWotP? Heck no.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Perfect world no worries, you could got McB/CS/DP-DLcP/AcB/CScWotP/RcW and rotate that.... although defile jump canceling still may be able to beat it out.... at a MUCH higher power cost and future arthritis.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just a note, that's the Atk% for admonish which is fromt he blight combo. Blight is 7 for what I have.
  14. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup blight is a 2.2 initial tick with 6 ticks of 0.8 for a 7 total.
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

Ahh you're still doing DJC? I gotta go back to that and try it... haven't tried it in awhile.

I know DJC on its own is pretty solid DPS. The way I was looking at it (strictly eyeballing) was that it slowed me from getting to RcW again, which does more total damage out. So basically, it was a small speed bump from getting to the big gun again.

I guess Math > my eyeballs? lol
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I am not, my fingers don't move fast enough for the extra power to be worthwhile. I'll bow down to those that can actually pull it off, then laugh at those that macro it :p but either way it's still the highest possible that I know of.
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

Whew. I'm not the only one being lazy then.

Celestial = HL retirement home for me lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Jeebie try it with rifle.

I tried doing it with MA, Brawl, and 2h but it was to slow. I ended up trying with rifle and it seemed easier to get to speed. This was on ps3 not PC so there may be a difference there but it's worth a shot.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

aye you get a smaller jump with rifle and faster than getting the hold for MA.... but keeping that up without screwing it up.... yeah...

Personally I'd do better not jumping and just weapon attack canceling, but that adds on a good .2-3s. Which is pretty much the limit to where it loses it's additional damage and just becomes a waste of power. The speed in which you can do that combo really matters. as even a .1s difference is 20-50% extra time as it can be done as low as .2s it seems.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm curious - when ordering your loadout, do most people order powers by what they do or by which combo they use?