Knightsdome Arena (Duo) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Hjal, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie New Player

While I disagree with most of your post this is the part I am most against. I have died too many times to count running things that I did not have the skill for. I have gotten extremely frustrated at times because of all of the wipes. But I have drastically improved as a player because of this. I learned more about how to PvP from Test Subject than I ever did running Legends. I kept getting my butt handed to me until I learned how to properly counter. All of these failures have resulted in me learning my role better and developing the skills to handle harder content.
    • Like x 1
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

Following up on my previous complaint:

I did the duo with the same troller as I mentioned in that thread, and it was as easy as all my other runs. Neither of us got low on health, mobs went down quick. Bam. Dunno why that one time they were hitting me so damned hard.

Probably in PvP gear?

Probably. lol
  3. drgonosz New Player

Puggability test ... passed.

As mentioned above this is the last of my experiments for this duo.

I pugged this one with my T4 modded gear (88cr and only used 88 sp [not the 100 I said I would use above]). I was in troll stance - speced as a 50/50 troller / damage role. Think my vit was around 1300.

I purposely pugged with 90-93 toons. Ran with a nature healer, hl dps and a fire tank (he was the highest at 93).

I didn't do too much talking and couldn't tell you (cept for the fire tank) if they had done the duo before.

In each case it was tough for me. I needed to use my soders, drops and pets properly for me to get through. Even that didn't help when I ran with the HL dps (wiped somewhere around 8 times). The fire tank was awesome at doing the job and I was able to give him enough power to run the shields and buff properly as well as pick away at the adds and bosses. The healer was relatively easy but there were a few times the healer didn't react to lay down the heal or wasn't able to dodge the mobs.

Still it is puggable - it depends on the group but isn't that they way with all the difficult content.

Mentality is everything. If you view this as a pain in the **** it will be - if you view it as a challenge then when complete the challenge you feel satisfied - not grumpy.
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think it's the weakest Duo out of the 3 but still enjoyable. Not as visually impressive as the other two but gave enough of a challenge to make up for it. I think it's tough to build any content around an arena, due to the massive open space, so a gauntlet was an ideal way to take advantage of that open space.

It's my least favourite of the 3 and not as visually pleasing, but still a welcome addition to the game and I will enjoy replaying it again, many times.
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The damage from the acid stone in the middle should be reduced during the boss fight at the end. I gotta drink a soda sometime to survive it's DoT effect after we kill the boss. You still get hurt since the effect is still ticking away at you,
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

I just keep my distance. Boss will come to you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Redd Vampirus New Player

I didn't see too much of a problem with this one...other than it seems extremely long with 2 DPSes that aren't fully geared. When I'm on my healer, this was simple. What I don't understand, is how are you to get the feat of defeating both groups within a minute of each other, if diving into them will get you killed? o_O
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Pull just a couple at a time on one side, then the other. Always fall back to the door to fight them. Rinse and repeat. Clobber the remnants of both groups together, once they become manageable in number.
  9. Redd Vampirus New Player

I could try that...if they didn't join the fight soon after pulling a few. lol. They act like they have aggro-lag...seriously.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Best bet is to barely get the targeting reticle to go red on an add, then tap range. That's all it takes. Fall back. Be patient. They'll come. They're just slow. What most people do wrong is get impatient and start attacking before they get to you. Before you know it, you get swarmed with adds.
    • Like x 1
  11. Redd Vampirus New Player

Another thing people don't know about is, using a power to pull enemies add more aggro than using a weapon to pull.
  12. Jamie New Player

You can survive by diving into group if you are a good team for that. I did it as a fire tank with a healer. You won't get the feat though. What worked for me was to have the DPS hit 1 add from the left group and then go back to the door. A few adds will come. Once you kill them go to the right side and have the DPS hit an add again. We just kept moving back and forth but by the end the 2 groups were together. I pulled what remained to me and we burned them down as fast as possible. Boost 2 orbital strikes are great.
  13. farm3rb0b Committed Player

This one is easiest with a healer, by far. Once you start pulling the mobs it seems like you're never coming out of combat and that healing crystal doesn't seem to do a darn thing. But, if you're going with two dps or...probably any combo of players, I still find the easiest way to get this one (in my opinion) is to have one person tap range on an enemy in the left circle, the other person do the same to an enemy in the right circle, and both players fall back to the door. This gives you a long time to try to pick them off at range, puts you near the healing crystal, and lets you use aoe to take down portions of both mobs at a time with your partner. Eventually you should get the two circles down to very few adds that you can take down within a minute of each other. (Note: If you see your on-screen counter say you're done with one side? You need to leave the doorway and go to town on the other side.)
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

This is exactly how I did it with 2 DPS.
  15. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

We running tonight and the first of trigon's kids kept shifting into lex luthor while we fought. Strange bug....
    • Like x 1
  16. Redd Vampirus New Player

You talking about Jesse, right? Yeah, he's been doing that to me, too. He didn't do that the first time I fought him, but now...the Demon of Envy turns to Lex Luthor....I can imagine the irony in that.
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

have you played as a hero or villain, for me he always turns into either Wonder Woman or Superman and I play as a hero.
  18. Redd Vampirus New Player

I'm a villain. All day, every day. Very rare I would play my heroes nowadays.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

So... went in to get the side boss for the first time in a while, the mobs have counter mechanics again? *sigh* I hate this duo.
  20. Ivy Bird Committed Player

They added the counter mechanics back in about a week after taking them out. The duo was simply far to easy to face-roll through without them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.