Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. FeelsGood New Player

Yes it would be good only for t5 i would use your current loadout for anything else.
  2. MysticRedStone New Player

Intended for Boss Fights:
    I find that IoR (/clip) is a Bad power to use in a raid, takes to long to cast if u want the golden aura and even clipping it with jump takes to long and opens u up to a back assault from general or if ur timing is really bad getting hit with multiple AoE's, id rather use WoD apply bad karma then hit them with the Vengence to get the golden aura, granted i cant get that sweet 60% dmg modifier but i more than make up for it with some quick attacks plus all the DoT's i send out.
  3. MysticRedStone New Player

I'd also get rid of sonic shout for a quick power that clips so u don't waste time and can keep attacking as much as possible, i myself use boon of souls
  4. MonkeySparkz New Player

What's Solar Flare & Phase Dodge?
  5. yellowflash9 Well-Known Player

Monkey Sparks, Solar Flare is a Hand Blast weapon move that is hold range tap range and Phase Dodge is a Superspeed move that lets clip between moves.
  6. FeelsGood New Player

phase dodge being used in t5 now :D
  7. MonkeySparkz New Player

8. dogjaeja New Player

I have been enjoying this game for a few years now and would like to share this DPS load-out:

1 - Boon of Souls
    2 - Conjure Soul Well
    --
    3 - Soul Storm
    4 - Life Element
    --
    5 - Transcendence
    6 - Summon Fury
    --
    PVP Trinket + Triton's Trumpet Trinket + Pet Trinkets
    --
    This build is focused around the red soul aura.

Soul Well + Boon of Souls (clip) are rotated together.

Life element is used to clip weapon animations (I've been using dual wield) and for the 50% damage buff.
    I use the mighty smashing hand mod and super-strength iconic passive to increase the slam damage.

Soul storm is used at range (safely) against high HP targets such as bosses.
    Life Element (throw/smash) - > Soul storm -> weapon combo -> Repeat

Transcendence is used for emergencies (when I'm in a bad spot and need some invincibility/recovery, or when an ally revives and needs some emergency HP). I have been thinking about replacing this with Wrath, NVB, Throwing Knives(acrobatics), or another power.

I also rotate Triton's Trumpet trinket and henchmen when they are off cool-down.
    --
    It's a simple strategy:
    Setup soul well + boon of souls
    Life element + weapon combos + trinkets
    Life element + Soul storm at ranged.
    --
    0 Points into destiny tree

9 Points into summoning tree

6 Points into Iconics:
    Super-Strength (100% weaponization)
    Nanoweave Armor (+50 def / +100 toughness)
    Powerful Resistance (+100 Health)
    Wisdom of Solomon (+50 Vit / +100 Power)
    Weapon's Expert (+ 3% Critical attack chance)
    Tactical Genius (+ 10% Critical attack damage)
    --

USPC Villian - Acrobatic Sorcery
    Dogjaeja
    • Like x 1
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Updated some super old information in the guide. Revamping the Loadouts portion to be designed with recommendations for Tier Levels, and also reworking Damage/Healing numbers. I may postpone some information as it will change due to the Sorcery Revamp, resulting in wasted test time. However, basic information has been updated.
  10. Mick Nugget New Player

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but can you please tell me specifically where the healer shield stats come from? Was it from personal testing, an outside source or some developer discussion? I'm referring specifically to the number of hits it can take and the 1.5 second thing.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I decided to break convention and move one of my toons to Sorcery DPS. I am going with the standard BK loadouts with CoD, WoD, SF, SW, and FR. I leave my last spot open for either Phase Dodge or IoR. I use PD for the chaotic fights like Inner T4 or PB and keep IoR for fights that don't require me to move or roll constantly or for single targets to get the most damage as possible.
  12. Lightpulsar New Player

Currently i have 139 skill point but i am not sure which to go after first.
    I have all the necessary movement abilities
    I have also gotten all the Restoration, Crit healing chance and Magnitude.

I want to know what i should go into next. I started doing Dominance but am not sure if that is what i should go after next.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

are you heal or DPS?
  14. Lightpulsar New Player

This is for Healing (PVE)
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I say Prec then Health.
  16. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I personally went Health first over Prec for the purposes of prolonging my life. Healing is the one role I do not focus so much on damage. If you decide to go Health and end up with more Skill Points, Prec would surely be next. I wouldn't put any points into Dominance as a healer.
  17. Meta Flare New Player

This isn't related to that post but I wanted to get your attention.

My load out from left to right is as follows...

WoD...CoD...vengeance...sonic cry...final ruin...word of power.

My damage is very lacking against groups which I know is not sorcerys strong point but I feel my damage isn't very high even on single target and I think the problem is vengeance. I'm only cr 74 with sorcery and I'm not even close to full t4 but is there something I can switch in in stead of vengeance.

Also what are your thoughts on using word of power?
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

You didn't ask me but my thoughts: I would take WoP off your loadout. I think it's an OK alternative for healers but not for DPS. I would use IoR to activate the Enduring Damage HT mod to clip Condemn then use CoD for single target. But better to start with Soul Well, clipped with IoR for a constant dot while using cast Condemn>CoD. At least until the update drops. :D
  19. Meta Flare New Player

I was trying to stay away from the typical load outs. That's how I always am. I haven't dpsed with sorcery in forever so I figured I'd ask.
    • Like x 1
  20. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Well, first and foremost one of the issues that handicaps our Dps potential is the fact that we realistically only have one viable tree for DPS. Most of the Summoning tree isn't ideal for putting out damage so our possibilites are quite limited. It's why I ventured to trying things like Sonic Shout, which is great AoE damage to mix between CoD's and WoD ticks. Then there's also Heat Vision which gives you some significant boost to Single Target damage. It puts a pretty heavy dot on and can be jump-cancelled after the 3rd tick IIRC.

I definitely wouldn't recommend Word of Power for a Super Charge. You'd be better off throwing on Vacuum Bubble, Speed Drain or the Arbiter if you really wanted a Super Charge. They all have better damage potential than Word of Power though Speed Drain requires you to be close proximity. If you were going for an unconventional loadout try some of these powers out and see how they fit your play style. I would consider at least adding Soul Well though. If you have any other questions let me know.
    • Like x 1