Knightsdome Arena (Duo) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Hjal, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I really enjoyed this, it's fast paced and hard!

Do not do anything with it please!

I'm a DPS and I invited my bud a 85 Tank and we wiped once, figured it out and smashed it, very fun!

Love this duo, Thank you Devs and SOE and I don't say that much.... LOL

IA ARMY
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Thx, JEEBIE. Ran it for the first time last night, and it was the last one we ran. Was after midnight, and I was struggling. ;)
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I think since most of the players don't come on here to get strategy advice, they probably just figure they'll jump into each mob, one at a time. If you pick them off from the outside, it's really not that hard. Takes time, but it's not hard.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

It's like the Aquaman seasonal alert. It's impossible to pug. I am pretty much full T5 dps with 155 skill points on my main. I can carry anyone through it, but I have alts I want to go through it. They aren't geared like you or my main. They don't have high skill points to be able to breeze through. They usually are specced for a specific role. It's straight forward duo, but impossible to pug and almost impossible to go with someone of equal level of gear and skill points or is specced to like tank. Unless they are a healer, you are going to die fast. The one I tried to do with my lower dps was with a tank. We couldn't even get through the first part to get to the waves. We get countered fast and juggled. I hate this duo and going to QQ it to the ground, since it is NOT what goes with the intentions of this dlc.

When this thing goes live on Tuesday for all, there will be a LOT more QQ than what I have been saying.
    • Like x 1
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not going to argue, it's obvious at this point that a large chunk of the population is having issues. And this is a DLC pretty much based on easy content.

But, you don't need to have full t5, it is doable with proper gear/low SP... and by low SP I don't mean less than 80 because no one should expect to do squat in t5 without that many SP imo. Either way, I did it on test server with the full t4 + like 2 greens from the anomaly solos. My partner at the time was full pvp gear. Was like the second day it was up on test. After that of course I found the instant t5 box and all that, so of course it became easy.

The idea of "it can't be done" is to me false, the idea that it is too hard... I can see where many would say that. And I have done it with every diff role as my partner and not really had issues. You just have to be a bit more strategic. Tank doesn't jump in there, he hangs out and pulls anything that gets near the DPS as the DPS AE's things.

I still say it's fine as is, but I understand why people think it's too hard and I'd understand if they nerfed it.
    • Like x 2
  6. DivineSire Dedicated Player

I did it 1st time an hour ago with a dps and he would just target lock 1 and give em 1 ranged shot to lure a few of the guys away from the crowds. Kill them and repeat till all gone!! We went to the left of the room by the wall and when they came over i could safely use backdraft and if back a little farther could drop an orbital strike on the small group!! Hope this helps those who have trouble with that part!!
  7. Jamie New Player

I ran this last night with a celestrial healer. It got dicey but we made it with out getting knocked out. If you are going to pull an entire group of adds to you it helps if both people have orbital strikes. That combined with celestrial heals made the groups die very quick.
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Also depends on how geared you are. Gratz!
  9. Jamie New Player

The first time I ran this was with a Cr96 Celestrial healer that has a large amount of SP's. The second time was with a Cr95 sorcery healer with around 90 SP's. I am a Cr93 with 91 SP's. The first time we did it the har way and aggro'ed a group at a time. The second time we tried to kill a few at a time so we could kill both groups together. Unfortunately 1 add kept following us around and we could not lose aggro. I said it was time for a suicide mission and dropped down in the middle of the second group. Hit inferno, back draft, low pressure, boost 2 orbital strike, boost 2 supply drop, and then cleaned up what was left. At my level I thought this was a fairly easy mission. I'm thinking that I may try aggro'ing both groups at once and seeing if I can survive.
  10. drgonosz New Player

Yah, I don't get it. This duo is challenging - which is good. I can't remember the last time a duo could wipe you.

Moreover, it has lots of possibility to figure out different types of strategies. The first encounter with the waves is enough but the final encounter is too much. If they had different mechanics it would be good but it is just more of the same for 6 or 7(?) waves. It was repetitive and a bit boring.

I would say that I usually run in troller stance and my usual partner runs in healer stance.

However, today I ran as a dps (half 83 gear and half 85 gear - unmodded and still speced as a troller [no dps innates]) and he ran as a sorc dps with mini heals (also lower gear 82-83 - mostly unmodded).

We did it - a little more thought about how we went about doing what we needed to do but no wipes. Just slow and methodical. Paradox before the nerf.

I like it the way it is just lower the amount of waves at the end or mix up the mechanics.
  11. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

Well I finally beat this duo...I had improved gear, some of the new soder zeros (if I didn't have those I would not of survived) , and I had to use a soder that boosts my stats . It felt like a t6 duo.
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

being an OP troller, this duo is no problem to beat. I can pretty much survive long enough to beat the adds, especially if I have a healer in there, or a tank. I can feel for the undergeared people that run it as it may be a little difficult for them, maybe because they jump in the middle of adds like damn fools and attack them all at the same time.

it is still long as hell though, can we shorten the length of the part where adds just keep showing up.
  13. drgonosz New Player

So I decided to try a tougher approach and go in with a just at level player.

We still did it no big problems - yes we wiped once during the boss battle but we figured it out (this is not a 'look at me - aren't I great comment'). What I am saying is that thinking and working out problems is what makes this game fun. Adversity is a good thing - if it is balanced right.

Unlike Nexus (to a smaller degree before being nerfed) and Paradox (more so and still now) you may wipe a few times but it will not be an epic 20+ wipe journey. If it is, I think you need to go back and figure out how to play and question how you got (carried?) to T5 content?

If this gets nerfed it would be a shame - pandering to the players who wanted their pablum feed to them with a silver spoon is sad.

There are two other duos and if this stays the hardest of the three so be it - go do the others ones and quit moaning. I can't understand how anyone above 95 cr with 100+ sp would ever moan about a challenge!? Unfathomable.

I will try with my T4 modded gear and only use 100 sp and see if me and a 'just level' partner can get through it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Ran it with two tanks in DPS stance (tank gear). My tank is only CR 86. Took a while due to slow damage (I had about double the other tank), but we finished. Tried to get the two mobs feat a few times, but gave up. Had to use lots of HT goodies.
  15. X-zero Loyal Player

It is noticeably harder then the other two, and I could see it being a nightmare pugging this one. I think at the very least the order of the duos listings should changed to put this in the third slot instead of the first one. It would help easy people into the duos not just throw them in the pool and say sink or swim. That is my only issue with it, and not really that big of one. Amazing work on this and all the new duos.

It is not necessary but it would be nice since this one is harder then the other two that the reward would be slightly better.
    • Like x 1
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

Tried to run is with 2 trollers, one in DPS stance (not really DPS spec, though). Don't recommend it. Ended up bringing in my healer to pair with the troller and finished just fine. Definitely the most challenging duo, but I like it. Regardless of role, take a personal shield. You'll thank me later. ;)
  17. shiny mackerel Committed Player

What are you guys having trouble with? I can't tell. Is it the giant pack of mobs or the waves + bosses?
    There are health crystals around the map to help with the giant cluster, and you get a few health crystals for the waves.
    I pug'd this in pvp gear with another damage role guy in average gear and we just took down the two mob packs directly with a lot of aoe CC. It doesn't seem any harder than the Ferris Aircraft duo.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Welp, got all the feats associated with the duo including the ones in the envy area. I'm done with it. Not playing it anymore. Even alts, I don't care to.
  19. detectivedps New Player

This duo is not hard at all. If you will jus use a single target ranged attack on one of the ppl in the mobs u will be able to fight them2-4 at a time n it is very ez
  20. drgonosz New Player

Alrighty the last of the experiments. Went in with T4 gear modded (which was 88cr) respeced and used 95 sp. My partner did the same - (me as a troller - he as a sorc healer) now it was a fair bit more challenging. A few wipes and had to use the full range of trinkets and soders. It was indeed slow but still doable.

I am not sure that there is very many people saying it is overly difficult (other than Bumbling - who has now said in not so many words that he did all the feats so easy enough for him but just doesn't like it)

I like it the way it is - however, as Bumbling has mentioned it will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks about it.

The proof will be in the adulation's or condemnations of the peoples - now that it is open to everyone. Let the comments begin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.