Tunnel of Lust (Duo) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Sons of Trigon DLC!

Here we will focus on the Tunnel of Lust Duo. Feel free to give any feedback you have, as well as report any bugs or issues you may encounter when playing this Duo.

Thank you in advance for giving your feedback in the Duo. I will do my best to fix the issues as they come in.

Now go stomp out Jacob's ritual!
    -TLantern
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Jacob still hits with massive attacks when he stuns. It's not always constant. One time you can get hit with the normal amount he is supposed to do and another get hit for over a thousand a tick.
    • Like x 1
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I only ran it once today before I had to go to work but it was a lot of fun. That maze tends to keep things interesting lol. I loved the duo and I really enjoyed the look of the place as well. The candles that blaze up in purple as you walk by are definitely a very cool touch. I didn't notice any overpowered attacks from jacob when I got stunned but I may have just been lucky.
    • Like x 1
  4. TLantern Developer

Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Just to be sure, you and a parter were both actively fighting Jacob when he hit you with the enrage beam?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, it was my partners that seem to get hit by it. I was quick in response to get them out, but they litterally were almost dead. You say rage, does that mean he is supposed to hit like a tank when he is low on health or something?
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I ran this tonight and had a shielding problem. I know this is an issue in Paradox...if you're in the area that a teammate gets trapped in, you're stuck in the bubble as well. I was near Jacob when he went into his protective bubble and was trapped. We're not talking stun beam, I believe that was on my partner. I couldn't get out of the bubble to get my partner un-stunned. I'm not even sure it's fixable, but...be careful you don't melee him too close to the very center.
  7. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Jacob locked me in a stun loop and killed me. I went from full life to dead being stunned the whole time, while trying to breakout. The stunned text just kept overwriting itself with no delays at all.

If this is by design I am genuinely curious as to how you are supposed to contend with it.
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

My favorite duo in the whole game. The design team did a fantastic job on this one! The visuals, the sounds, the map...amazing, simply amazing.
    • Like x 1
  9. farm3rb0b Committed Player

By design, I believe. If you use audio, the verbal cue tells you that you basically have to save your partner. One of you should be stunned while the other is not. The non-stunned person needs find something to interact with. That's giving away quite a bit, but...it's intended that one of you is stunned while he's in the middle.
    • Like x 2
  10. TLantern Developer

The intent here is if your team member is KO'd, Jacob's Devotion spell (the stun lock) will do more damage so you don't have to slowly watch as your health ticks away. This is a bug because two of you are alive, this attack should not be happening in this case. We're looking at it and are working on a fix for you guys!

Jacob is using Devotion on either you or a group member; a simple breakout won't release you. If you don't do as he desires, then you will stay locked down. It is up to your team member to free you from his spell.
  11. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

You probably need to look into the audio cues then, we didn't get any of that.
  12. MercPony Devoted Player

Ran this earlier this morning and Jacob one shot twice using Devotion. We had to to wipe two times before the run could be doable. What he was doing is he'd trap me, but my partner was getting one shotted from something seemingly invisible as soon as it hit me. The 3rd try that one shot wasn't happening and my partner was able to free. Jacob always targets me with that, he seems to love me lol
  13. MentosTroll Loyal Player

is Jacob supposed to one shot whoever he's stunning in there? sometimes he one shots me and sometimes not
    • Like x 2
  14. drgonosz New Player

Ran this lots during test and it was stun and then your partner had to unstun you.

But now that we have run it a few times prior to the stun mechanic (devotion) - he would one shot the player furthest away and then stun the other player till death. This has happened a few times in each of the two times we have run it.

We finally got through by being aware of the devotion mechanic and maybe getting outta of range (?) not sure on that though.

Regardless, the one shot followed by stun can't be correct.
    • Like x 1
  15. drgonosz New Player

So we tried this again yesterday - this time my regular partner (my bro) ran his undergeared alt and we progressed no problem till Jacob.

Tried to keep aware and out of range but that was not the answer. One shot city a couple of times.

My wiser bro checked the forum and found something about being in the puddle around the center island that he does the stun (devotion) attack form. That worked for us - were able to survive the two stun (devotion) attacks that he put out and both attacks were on my bros undergeared alt (he survived both times - think he hit a soder the second time).

So maybe that stops the one shot mechanics?
  16. Max-PA New Player

Same thing happened to myself and a leaguemate last night. I've run it several times before with no issues, but this time, Jacob one-shotted me (from full health) and then stunned him, leading to a wipe.

Also, we checked every door, every hallway, and cleared every enemy we could reach, and still ended up one Greater Lust Demon away from getting the feat. I'm not sure if the game simply didn't count one of the demons we did kill, or if the two mobs in the hallway we could not access were part of the problem. Again, never had an issue getting the feat before that run, but could not get it that time despite systematically checking every room and hallway for an access point to those two mobs.
  17. X-zero Loyal Player

Besides Jacob sometimes doing some OHKO move no complaints about this duo. He is easily the most interesting brother making him the most fun to fight.
  18. TLantern Developer

Thanks for your feedback. Jacob should never one shot you or a party member if both of you are alive and fighting. This is a bug and we're looking into it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Trinidad James Loyal Player

During the Donna Troy fight my partner died, I solo'd the rest of the fight and beat her. But when she left after the fight so did the stone to open the door that leads to the tunnel of love.
  20. Trinidad James Loyal Player

The "Healing Barrel" breaks during the Jacob fight cut scene.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.