DCUO Graphics on PC VS PS4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zozame, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Do you really want me to answer that? Yes. Utter garbage :D
    Between the loading times and the horrible LOD'ing, I don't understand how anyone enjoys that. Lets just say there's lots of room for improvement, and I hope they take advantage and fill the gaps.
  2. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Hmm...the tone of your previous response to me would suggest otherwise. Also, I can admit to become a part of more heated discussions in this thread. I suppose we could just ignore each other and carry on with our lives rather than reach any meaningful conclusion to these exchanges, but then how would we ever have discourse in other threads? Considering our interaction has begun with your original response to me, I am willing to bet that you would have no problem beginning any quote to me the same way as in this thread. Jolly good. Glad I worked that out for us.
  3. blklightning New Player

IIRC, Jens stated that graphic upgrade on PS4 will bring the experience closer to what we have on PC.

In-game graphics settings are tailored to the PS3's limitations. My graphic experience on PC is amazing. I'm maxed out in game, but have vsync turned off (cuz it forces 30fps max). I then go into my GPU software and enable vsync there (getting 60fps). I also maximize texturing, filtering, and add in better AA, CSAA, or FXAA.

Playing on PS3 may look like playing a cartoon, but playing on a well-equipped PC is a whole different experience.

My rig:
    Alienware m17x r4
    i7-3720
    NVIDIA 680m
  4. ElectricPhoton New Player

Look at it this way, you wont have to spend 1000$+ on a PC when you can just buy a PS4, it will surely have the same performance, fps, and graphics as the PC does.

All in all, they will look the same.
  5. MonkeySparkz New Player

Lol, you guys are gonna get this thread closed.
  6. Evil Grave New Player

This does not make sense.
  7. blklightning New Player

So true. There are, however, many people w/ GPU's powerful enough for max settings who don't know how to actually go into their GPU software and get the best performance out of DCUO possible.
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I was here during beta, and the graphics were a little different on PC side for a few months after launch. The most noticeable thing was the earth outside the Watchtower window; it used to look much more realistic instead of just being a giant pixel blob. I'm hoping we'll get the real earth back now.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ace1 Dedicated Player

10. ElectricPhoton New Player

Dang she stunk.

Anyway, the quality is horrible on this video, would much like to see DCUO release an HD version of this just like how SOE did with Warframe.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Whoops, I meant the PC version is not that much better than the PS3 version. It is better, yes, but I wouldn't say it is a huge leap or anything.
  12. Opamp Committed Player

What options in the game do I need to toggle to achieve max graphic experience?
  13. blklightning New Player

What graphics card do you have on your PC?
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The Launch Pad has an advance options button...Game configuration... Select the highest resolution available
    I run it at 2560x1440... which is a noticeable jump from the standard 1920 x 1080.
  15. aceCase Committed Player

It is possible to force AA and all those other eye candy settings on the PC, game looks pretty amazing that way.
  16. ??? Well-Known Player

PC is always limited by PS3/PS4.
  17. Abstrakt Loyal Player

wow way to bring it back a live from September guys !
    [IMG]