Deadmeat descriped the new loot system different!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Clip, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Mick Nugget New Player

All I know is, before yesterday I could run four alerts straight and get rolled out of everything and come away with zero. Yesterday I got so much usable gear and items and stuff to salvage I cant imagine who in their right minds could complain(?)
  2. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Actually they didn't lower the chances. The purple gear didn't drop in every run before we went to the new loot system. When it did, though, only one person in the group was getting it. So, before, 1 person in your group had a chance to get purple gear...but not every run of the raid. Under the new loot system, since we all get loot off our own loot table, it's still possible that a group runs a raid and no one gets purple gear or an expert plan. On the other hand, since you have 8 different loot tables, and each person gets something off that loot table, it's possible that each person gets a plan or purple gear or a combination of the two. In a Nexus run last night, one of my leaguemates managed to get TT pants and an expert plan. In the same run.
  3. IGotYA New Player

Nope, not talking about about the purple gear,im talking about the amount of pieces the final boss drops,
    i have never seem he drops only 1 piece of gear with the old loot system, and the only thing i got from my last run
    was a 86cr dps waist,and maybe a FEV.

i understand how the new loot system works,and for me its working fine,
    but it seems they changed how many pieces drops from the last boss in nexus,
    not sure in wave since today was the first time i beat it with no side boss up.
  4. Clip New Player

This thread was not meant to QQ about the loot, there were just some announcements that did not match to what we have now. Crafty posted a link with details on the changes that came with the new loot system. And these infos match to what we have now!
    The things that deadmeat had posted were wrong.
  5. Gwalir Loyal Player

From what I've read it sounds lie that final boss drops only one piece minimum when he used to drop 2, but that is so there is the same number of usable loot that there's always been.

In the old way, 2 pieces of loot would drop, meaning two out of the 8 characters in the Raid would get something. Under the current system, figuring each player has a 1/4 chance of getting their current role to drop, it would still be 2 out of 8 players getting something they can use.
  6. IGotYA New Player

Well from what Deadmeat posted before the new system were implemented,nothing was going
    to change, if a boss dropped 2 pieces in the old system he would continue to drop 2 under the new loot system.

I will try to find the post.
    Here its one:
    And thats not what is happening,and when you couple this with the fact that not everything you get is for your role and that the only thing worth of something drops from the last bosses on the t5 raid,
    make me start wondering if those people complaining and saying this new system would be worse than the old one are right.
    • Like x 2
  7. Clip New Player

Thanks thats 100% what i was trying to explain all the time- even in this thread deadmeat said it

And like crafty posted this is not true.

This thread is not about if the loot system is awesome or not. It is simply NOT what they announced.
    • Like x 1
  8. farm3rb0b Committed Player

...You guys seriously thought you were going to get the entire loot table? That you were going to get the blue gear, purple gear, and expert plans for every single person in the raid? While I agree that Deadmeat's initial wording could be misunderstood, there's no way we'd go from seeing 1 piece of iconic gear once in a blue moon to everyone getting FoS3-like drops all to themselves in every T5 instance.
  9. Clip New Player

Again this thread is about a wrong announcement- and even in this thread deadmeat kept saying this wrong facts.

10. IGotYA New Player

I was expecting at least 2 items from the last boss in nexus, and the purple gear and expert plan drops to remain the same
    as before,like you said not every run dropped exp plans and purple gear, but ALL the runs dropped more than 1 item.
    And the fact(again) that only 25% of the drops will be for my main role make everything worse,add
    that to the fact that even the 86gear will begin to be savaged soon....

Nexus was never a raid to be replayed, the fact that you only get 1 with 25% of being for your main role,
    put the thought of reseting it and burning money on the same category.
    • Like x 1
  11. krimzonk Committed Player

The problem with this loot system is:

As Crafty explained in his thread on dev discussions, they fixed the loot so that only 1 piece of either 86/87/88 will drop (chances are an 86 piece not for your role will drop all the time lol in my opinion), then you have a chance to get a focus element/base item/expert plan. Crafty went onto say, the loot tables are the same but they reduced the number of loot drops from bosses, which really sucks...

The second problem is the stupidly big loot tables and RNG system. If I am a healer, then the end boss loot table has gear for all 4 roles from Level 86-87 (88 for paradox), in addition to useless base items, FE5's and numerous expert plans, now with this loot change, even though the loot that drops is all yours, due to the reduction in the number of loot drops combined with the huge loot tables, chances are you won't get gear/items for your role. Case in point ran Nexus and Para, where Tanks and Healer got Troll gear, DPS got Tank gear and Trolls got Healer gear, safe to say we were all cracking-up on the mic's hehe!

The loot change is good for fairness (everyone gets their own loot), now change the drops so that we are guaranteed 3 item drops from end bosses, with 2 spots for 86-88 weapons and gear, and 1 spot for FE5/Plans/Base items.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Spend months and months complaining about getting "ninja looted" and this is what happens. An unneeded "fix" that makes it even harder to get what you're looking for. Game content is getting better and game mechanics are getting worse. Devs need to stop caving to all the whining.
    • Like x 2
  13. Ala Rebelde New Player

I totally agree with this suggestion.
  14. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

Sorry for any confusion on my previous statements. I had crafty post last night since I was no longer sure that I was relaying accurate info. His post is definitive on how the system works. Although a few folks have reasons why they preferred the old approach to loot, this new system is what we will use going forward. We will continue to tweak things and quickly fix any bugs we find but this will be the way boss and sub boss loot will work in future content as well as previous content as we continue updating the previous tiers. There are no perfect solutions but it is undeniable that this is the fairest approach. By all means continue to argue and debate this and we will monitor but do not expect any major revisions to the drop system.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 5
  15. I Need powar New Player

The new system is fine,the changes made to how much the boss drops its not,the loot table are
    already horrible,reducing the chances at getting the gear we need make it worse.

And thats without mentioning the changes to Paradox wave...

Edit: to be more clear, I don't want it dropping gear for my role 100%,what im asking is to reverse the drops
    on nexus from 1gear+bonus gear to 2+bonus gear and exp plans.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

The boss previously dropped 2 guaranteed pieces of gear and 1 chance piece of gear. It now drops 8 guaranteed pieces of gear and 8 chances of gear, plus the plans, etc. There is no valid argument that makes that a reduction in boss drops.

DM
    • Like x 4
  17. I Need powar New Player

Ok got your point.
    There was any changes to wave drops as well? or it remain the same as long as you leave a boss up?
    And are the weapons included on that chances? or you could get a weapon+pieces of gear+piece of gear+plans?
    or the weapons count as a piece of gear?

Just want to understand how it works.
  18. Clip New Player

Deadmeat noone can profit from a drop outside his role! While when 2-3 guaranteed items drop und the team is able to communicate who gets which item your chances were way higher to get a NEEDED piece. Ive done nexus now 4 times now and received everytime 1 item. I play as a HL dps and only received 3 healer and 1 tank piece. So for myself this was a big step back! After a raid i almost drown in loot but i can only salvage it because i simply cant use it.

You really should at least think about a increased chance for items that a player can put on, not guaranteed but at least a increased chance.

If you need more money from the players(and this is how it looks like to me) increase the replay prices. But dont lower chances to earn a item that will improve the player stats.
  19. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

The only changes are to the boss and the sub bosses. Other drops still have a chance to happen that will require a roll by the group to claim. Weapons are separate from gear.

DeadMeat
  20. TheAkuma Well-Known Player

My only concern about this is when a group beats Nexus and lets say I am the controller and all I get is an FE5 for the final boss fight and nothing else. Meanwhile the healer in the raid gets LV86 controller gear which he can not use. I understand that now everyone gets something but it makes you feel like you wasted your time when another role gets a piece they can not use but you could.

This happened to me in Nexus last night. The Tank and 1 of the Healers each got an 86 Controller piece and I got an FEV. In the old style they would not have been able to roll need on the 2 pieces but I could. Yes a DPS could have been able to roll need and that is understandable but at least he could use the gear. Sucks when they are just going to salvage the 2 pieces yet I could have used them for a stat boost.

I do like the concept for the new loot drops, I just think the execution is a little off and should be tweaked.
    • Like x 1