Nice little rant...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gunny, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

It's always interesting to see that so many people want the t5 raids solo healed.

If people get hit when the healer has certain power sets the burst heal is still on cool down, depending on the fire tank and how often they get hit.

And paradox in particular. The tunnels themselves but add to that the chance of the healer being in the jail.

Not a fan personally. Everyone points fingers enough as it is.
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

To the OP, how much damage were the dps taking? I've noticed this makes a big difference to whether the tank gets the heals or not. Even the best healers have their work cut out for them keeping the tank alive if the dps keeps dying.
  3. MCAZR New Player

Well, that sucks. I hope you have better luck in the future. Although I prefer to solo heal T4 and below content to add a little excitement, this healer enjoys having a healing partner in Nexus to chat with, talk about strategy, and occasionally ask to spam some healing so I can open the Promethium box that I just got :p.
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Solo healing Nexus isn't hard granted your a good healer and you group is geared and skilled. its really up to the team how good a solo healed raid will go especially the tank he needs to be on his game and have good gear so he can take a beating. in nexus people usually die by a one shot witch you cant heal anyway even with 2 healers.

But that dose suck, dont fall for the big headed healers that think they can solo nexus unless your running with me then feel free to stand in orbital strikes i'll heal you through them ;)
  5. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Math.
    1 hour = 60 minutes.
    28 mins + 33 mins = 61 minutes.
    60 =/= 61.
    I'm just sayin'.
    • Like x 2
  6. Gunny New Player

Because by the time I was kicked, there were a number of people that left/were replaced....so it is harder to gauge exactly how bad specific player's survivability was. I do have to say my playstyle DOES take a fair amount of damage, as FB is actually VERY useful in nexus, but you need to be a little closer to your targets for it to be effective - and thats assuming you stay right on the max range and pray your targets dont move/get knocked back out of range.

That said, there was no one in the raid that has a massive amount of deaths over anyone else - the exact thing this healer tried telling me that I had. When the kick did happen, I believe there was between 60-65 deaths on the four original people EACH. One being myself, one being the tank, and one being that healer.

In almost all nexus runs, you'll find your death counters should MOST OFTEN be DPS's having the most, with your supports having much fewer - hopefully your tank never dying, and your solohealer VERY rarely. Definitely was not the case here >.< It was not the group was bad, he seriously believed he could handle it - when it was obvious he couldnt.
  7. Gunny New Player

People believe their raw stats will allow them to do such feats like solohealing raids and such....yet the whole purpose of these raids is quite the opposite. These raids are DESIGNED to be difficult regardless of your stats. People often forget this.
    • Like x 1
  8. MCAZR New Player

It sounds like it was the wrong group to solo heal which isn't a surprise seeing it was a pug group. 65 deaths doesn't sound like a great candidate to solo heal. Too bad you guys didn't boot that healer.
  9. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

How did it save you time? How many hours did you spend in that instance? Sounds like it was a complete waste of time.
  10. Happy_Killmore New Player

You know nothing.
  11. Death Throe New Player

12. tukuan Devoted Player

I find that "Richard Nixon" is a good substitute when describing people of this nature.
  13. Burnt New Player

VERY cool story bro, needs more dragons :)
    Seriously, I've seen you posting for a long time and you know as well as I do by now that there are a ton of jerks playing this game. You simply can't fix stupid. That guy is probably still in there saying "Really guys, I can solo heal this thing if you'd just stop dying" He most likely would have ninjaed you as well anyway. Wouldn't that be a perfect ending to such a wonderful raid experience
  14. BLUE JAYGE New Player

Haha sure, let me talk it over for an hour ;) its a game. Not a real gang plus not even a top league so have fun
  15. Happy_Killmore New Player

You are correct it is a game and no we are not a "Real Gang." However, not a top league, you are mistaken and I revert back to my original statement "You know nothing." That won't change no matter how may hours you spend pondering. :confused:
  16. Wilder Midnight New Player

just as we were about to queue i realized the group i was in wanted to run nexus with a solo healer. the last words i heard before i left the group was "well lets see how it goes"...
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

I know the dps should be the only ones dying the most, but if they can't avoid enough damage to keep the fight going, then the healer has to work harder and the heals won't touch the tank.