USPC PVP Season Declaration

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Note Worthy, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The M New Player

Close! but am a villain ;)
  2. Note Worthy New Player

oi nobody is french here except me .-.
  3. Note Worthy New Player

dude it was never your fault anyone would've done the same thing but thanks anyway
  4. BuzzWorthy Well-Known Player

Now that I'm back
    FTFY*
  5. Ayaya New Player

:eek: maybe you leagues should sign up for the pvp main event thing on friday-friday
    then you can have an audience :confused:

i like pvp
    • Like x 1
  6. ??? Well-Known Player

lol crikets..
    With all due respect, if you are calling them every night and now, you are already accepting they are the best and the ones to beat. Don´t give up some day you´ll make it.

Don´t be fooled by the crikets..
    While you are like this >
    [IMG]

They are like this>
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Volaron New Player

Along with roles.
  8. BuzzWorthy Well-Known Player

Actually, we're the team to beat. We just feel Fami will give us the better challenge, along with Buttkickers INC.
  9. Yallander Loyal Player

There is a team to beat? Odd I haven't seen any serious 5v5 action in at least 6 mo and all of a sudden there is a champ? I think this whole thread is just lols now. How about EVERYONE get off this who the best topic and get back to pvping for FUN.
    • Like x 1
  10. Note Worthy New Player

hey gin long time no see. I guess your right about the egos, but the only way to keep everyone quiet is good match so lets get to it
  11. Note Worthy New Player

There reason i made the thread is because there are NO TEAMS AT ALL. Whole point was to get people up on their feet again and start pvping again. I know you'd like that as much as I would and ive already talked to my league about no hometurf.
    • Like x 2
  12. Zypher New Player

There isn't anything on USPC worth coming back to. If you guys want PvP to come back the way it was go make a thread about returning PvP to the marks/gear/reward system it used to be and get everyone to vote on it. The one where players actually gave a **** and wanted to compete.

The enormous amount of 8v8s and 5v5s premades you could've run into shriveled up after immunities & checkmate. We at least had a handful of teams that were running 5s almost daily under checkmate. CFB, D&G, THC & Train all had teams. Most of these players are still in the game.. we're just not queuing because its a waste of time. Like I said multiple times before, who wants to blow money every 6 months to fight the exact same 10-15 people that rotate on basically the same teams? We're proving what exactly? Consistency?

As much as I love PvP, you're pretty stupid if you think its going to thrive under these conditions. Make a thread, get green names involved or its going to continue as is. That's all there is to it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yallander Loyal Player

I agree there are no teams and it will be nice to see more teams queue up, but you don't get that with the dialogue Silver, the M, and Buzz have been having. You return to FUN and light hearted competition instead of all this super serious ego feeding.
    I don't have a personal issue with anyone in the game however there are people who are kill joys. The first thing the PvP community needs to do is realize it is too small for this type of drama and drop it.
    Then we have to all agree on certain parameters in the .matches as well as in our interactions with one another. GG shouldn't be an option, it should be in every match and couple that with mutual respect.
    Respect doesn't mean everyone has to hold hands and sing songs by the campfire. It means when a situation gets heated people decide to hold their tongues and engage in productive conversation for the good of the community. This goes along with discussing what things are and are not permitted in ranked matches. I say ranked matches because a random queue match or a quick scrimmage are not the same as a clearly stated match to see who is the better team. I hate that teams (both my own and others) can't just have a fight for fun. Too many out there see every match as a ranked one and bragging rights. That is what needs to stop.
    Let's just have some practice matches once in awhile to clear the air of past issues and start new. Also let's do encourage new blood by NOT curb stomping them at every chance. Look in the League recruitment tread and see how many NEW and small leagues that want to focus on PvP have come and gone. Did the vets even recognize any of these groups? What about leagues like Kick Me who had great potential and then all of a sudden are gone? We need to foster our own first and put egos aside for the greater good. I will be doing my part starting in the next t 1 to 2 weeks by holding all comers kick ball...what are the rest of you going to do?
    • Like x 3
  14. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I'm gonna run Nexus and Paradox 20 times :cool:.
    hehe...love you Yziah :D.
    • Like x 3
  15. Zypher New Player

I dunno Yziah, I like where you going with that but its just never really happened that way. We never had to baby anyone into arenas. Silver and Buzz came up PvPing and talking the smack the same way everyone else did. I know they don't mean anything by it, its just to drive competition. We're all guilty of that.

I think the player selection before the population died was so large that natural selection could run its course and we ended up with the teams we did. New players don't really have a chance now unless they end up in one of the older leagues and get shown the ropes by the older players. This is why I'm so annoyed with the system at the moment. Based on how its structured now you have to carry these guys through PvP and hope they grow into the gear. They are not coming up in smaller leagues anymore because those don't exist.

We're basically relying on old players to bring life back to arenas and that's not going to work. The most we're going to bring are the same old problems/attitudes we're accustomed to. The game has next to no investment in new players at the moment PvP-wise. I doubt they even have the chance to get their feet wet enough to commit to p2w anyway in which case they won't catch up.
    • Like x 3
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

Instead of calling out people just queue up. Instead of writing huge posts about the problems of the pvp community just queue up. This is what Noteworthy has been saying the whole time as well. Stop focusing on who has what ego ffs.
    • Like x 2
  17. Yallander Loyal Player

Why make long posts about PvP problems? Because they aren't going away by perpetuating this same cycle over and over. It is a reoccurring theme and in the end all that is left is more drama, fewer leagues queued up and more complaining to the devs how they need to fix PvP to encourage players to queue. It is a dual sides issue and by all means certain changes have lended to the status quo, but players are just as guilty.

I have played games where the only PvP events are player run and there is huge participation. It is possible to do here too.

Regarding the back and forth I'm asking what is the benefit of it in the end? Is the PvP community any better and grown or is it just more of the same?
  18. TheLoneLantern New Player

The reason people don't want to pvp with/against you might be because you (and some other members of your league) lack sportsmanship. Regardless of how good you are, being nice to people who wish you good luck or whatnot should not be an effort on your part.
    • Like x 1
  19. Note Worthy New Player

i never once said anything that remotely insulted anyone in this thread lol. Controversy between people regardless of leagues are normal, I see it more of instigation for pvp rather than rash bashfulness
  20. Volaron New Player

Nah <DeepSeaDives> Is still #1 as you can imagine.
    and with the whole THC vs Fami thing. Fight each other in-game or get over it. I swear this is just like HoB days. "WE BEAT YOU ONCE SO WE"RE THE DOMINANT TEAM HAHAHAH"
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.