Why don't we have lantern rings now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prodigy Progeny, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Spidey Well-Known Player

She does have a valid point on the sarcasm. A little more professionalism would go a long way.
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperiorMouse New Player

call in a woman then and it'll get done faster.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The missing ring visuals is not intended and will be fixed as soon as possible. Because it is only a visual problem, not game-breaking, certain other things were prioritized over this fix yesterday, but we are working on it.
    • Like x 6
  4. Happy_Killmore New Player

I like the No-glow hand. No rush Mepps. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I don't like the no glow hand. Quickly fix this please.
    • Like x 4
  6. Green Lantern New Player

Thank you.
  7. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

actually, what if they took fire and quantum and gave them red and blue lantern skinning options?
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
  9. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

it brought me to the wrong forum. i clicked the one about a new power not being a new power and it brought me here. valid point though.
  10. Mont New Player

11. Dark Ice New Player

to be honnest i like my green lantern more this way, apart from her powers i never felt actually being part of the green lantern corp, no extra green lantern/guardian quest or lantern mentor, it feels like rings dropped on earth and many people got one, then the creators of the rings forgot everything about it. Plus the fact that in order to play HL properly you must not be flyer.

edit: you dont even get to charge your ring just for the story

bottom line i would like an option to shut my lanterns ring on/off
  12. Jax Prime New Player

I agree that being a HL doesnt make you feel like you are part of a corp but where did you get "In order to play HL properly you must not be flyer"?
    • Like x 1
  13. Dark Ice New Player

the majority of the good to godly HL dps in EUpc server are either speedsters or acrobats mostly because if you are flyers and you try jump clip/cancel certain animations you may activate flight thus rendering you unable to do it again without stoping your current combo
  14. Delta795 New Player

Hmm interesting...I'm PS3 and never had that problem.
    TBH I always think speedster lanterns look weird....kinda like acrobats with wings. Makes no sense to me
  15. Agnetta Dedicated Player

so is it a bug or intended?
  16. Lantern Wong New Player

At the risk of opening up that whole can of worms again, I just have a comment on the whole supposed trademark thing. All the characters are trademarked in one way or another, and you can't tell me that Green Lantern iconology is more popular and makes more money than the Batman, Superman or any number of other heroes that are more popular. So why are Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc. symbology represented with the characters yet the GL is still not? If you tell me trademark, I tell you BS, because everything in the game one way or another is owned by WB and DC.

Again, I'm not trying to open up the can, just giving my two cents worth.

On topic, I don't really mind one way or the other about the glow on my hand. If you don't know what I am by my name then you shouldn't be playing this game hah.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This should be fixed in our hotfix tonight.
    • Like x 4
  18. Jax Prime New Player

Any word on the BIA bug?
  19. Valor New Player

My character looks better without it. It's not like we're members of the Corp. We're just the green handed step children of DCUO. Yellow lanterns have it made though.
  20. Jax Prime New Player

Even with an Aura it still doesnt feel like anyone is part of any Corps...