Circle doorways in eastern theme base gone

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG ELITE, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I am honestly surprised at this change though. I've never once heard anyone in PVP complain about the doors being buggy so that can't be it.
    I mean in all honesty I bought the Eastern style because of the doors o_O. I truely did...trust me it wasn't the hideous carpet that attracted me;). lol. The doors were unique and made it different from all the other layouts.
    Not ranting but I would love to know if you guys could possibly fix the bug and give us back our doors. The lair looks rather blah without them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Treat New Player

You know if they made it so outside pvp battles it has doors and inside the pvp instance its gone. Id be ok with that. :/
    • Like x 3
  3. Feenicks New Player

I don't want a refund. I want those doors back! It's what prompted me to buy it. Now I'm leary of buying any other ones.
    • Like x 4
  4. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I didn't like the broken look, and it was broken, so they fixed it. Kinda. They do still need to adjust it again, as you said they now clip through legs. I'm not against them folding them even tighter either, but I have some pretty sharp perceptions and the broken look stood out way too much for me. The wings are also separated even more from the body (about half a foot of space back there).

On another note, I still can't buy a 3rd lair. Apparently SOE can't fix it on their end and the only option is to yell at Sony PSN support to try to work out the DCUO services/content allowances under my account. Totally wasn't the broken software's fault, right?
  5. C Falcon Active Player

Sweet, so I heard the servers are going down. Maybe with the fixes they'll reimburse us... or give us back the doorways or even give us a free lair. Like others said, I purchased this lair because the doorways made it unique... and the ninjas that I soon found out that it were less than 2nd rate.... I think I would settle if you gave us the Ra's Al Ghul assassin style henchmen/bodyguards instead of these Halloween Wal-mart ninjas.
    • Like x 1
  6. Playhard Well-Known Player

Love the arrogance. How dare anyone be surprised! Wow. Just wow.
    • Like x 4
  7. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The doors were the best part of that lair theme. I'm sad they're gone. Gonna change my theme, no point in keeping it. Those doorways made the lair so unique.

SAD.
    • Like x 5
  8. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

That's an interesting idea. Could they treat the pieces that framed the doors like lair items that are not located on item nodes, so that they simply disappear when the battle begins, but are otherwise visible?
    • Like x 3
  9. Feenicks New Player

This! Or give me my money back!
    • Like x 1
  10. shayah New Player

It made me sad too.:(

I have other lairs but I liked the Eastern lair for the doors...The squared doors are so....blegghh!!!

Just make them square for lair battles but leave them as circles when out of pvp stuff...please devs please?
  11. Jeel New Player

I can't say I'm surprised really, only annoyed. Another thing I liked in the game ruined because of PvP.
    • Like x 2
  12. Treat New Player

Pvp ruins everything :(
    • Like x 4
  13. Anhur Committed Player

Alterations to the game is not unexpected, for globally accessible and persistant content (such as an Alert or Raid) - but lair themes constitute a one off purchase, you preview and buy it as it is shown - to then have its design changed with no prior mention

If it will not be reverted, and the doorways were a design feature that contributed to your desire and purchase, then perhaps submit a ticket for a refund - worst they can say is no.
    • Like x 3
  14. Treat New Player

What's the point? They will say no. -_- Only way would be if I got a lawyer and he would cost more than the dumb lair itself. What's the point in buying stuff anymore if later on they change the very reason you paid for it? :/ That's like me buying a brand new car and then having the car company come over to my place take my car and give me a crappy one without any options or prior warnings. Geesh. If it was so bad they should've just made ppl unable to participate in lair battles with that house (with a big disclaimer) or you know make the hallway walls like the base items that are outside the nodes. If you go into a match they poof, so make those walls poof while inside. :/
  15. DanXVII Committed Player

B.S!! Like someone said I paid real money for this lair, and one of the only things that made it unique compared to the repetitive other lairstyles was the extremely EASTERN keyhole doors and hallways, looks awful now, instead of fixing the actual problem with whatever apparent bug there had been, the lazy devs workaround solution is just to REMOVE the freaking doorways from a paid for lair theme.... SO pathetic.
    • Like x 1
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

There are a few people in the league that are really upset by this as well......

My only issue with it is that again it was never mentioned until after the GU went live and a post was made about it on here. IMO, they're having more and more a habit of doing this hoping they won't catch grief over it. Anytime something is REMOVED from the game, it really needs to be in the patch notes. Would this thread have popped up after people saw the patch notes on the test server? Absolutely, but then you could be ahead of the problem and explain it's an issue in lair battles, etc.

The whole "oh yeah, we changed the lair you paid real cash for" line after the fact is what upset the guys in my league.
    • Like x 4
  17. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

I bought the Eastern Lair because the round doorways were unique and interesting. Now, after I paid real money for it, the one feature that made it different from every other lair (after all, they even have the exact same floor-plan) has been removed, with no mention that it was going to happen. :mad:

Guess I won't be wasting any more money on lairs, no matter how unique and interesting they look. And while I know that my money won't make a lot of difference to SOE, I see a lot of other angry people about.
    • Like x 3
  18. Feenicks New Player

I won't be buying any more lairs. Kind of leery now to buy anything actually.
  19. Feenicks New Player

Ok. It's been a whole day. Not a peep from the devs so that means this item I spent cash on will remain altered. Lesson learned.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are taking your feedback into account. Nothing to share yet, but please know we do appreciate it.