@ Devs, Sorcery having serious issues (video inside)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 478874, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I like that song too. LOL
    • Like x 1
  2. Jeel New Player

I knew things were bad but this... this is depressing. Sorcery seems forgotten and neglected, the apparent breaking goes on and on and we get few explanations to why. I'm starting to suspect that the only reason to why I am able to get groups for raids and alerts is because I have played for so long and outgear everything up to t5 content. I don't even want to think about how new sorcery players get by (if there even are any...).

I was saving a list of suggestions on how to improve and fix sorcery for the update discussion but I'm beginning to think there really is no point in even trying. I don't care if I'm at the top of the scoreboard or not but I really don't enjoy feeling like a second-rater either. Oh well, I guess DCUO can't please everyone. Maybe it really is time to find some other game that suits my playstyle better.
  3. renzhe New Player

2 of the problems you highlight (no double dot from COD on targets with Bad Karma, Soul Well failing to activate), I have not experienced much, if at all, on USPC.

I will be able to test on the Test Server (latest build), or even on Live USPC server, with a league-mate on weekdays, so I'll try and replicate everything you've pointed out in the video, since its a bit hard to test these kind of things alone.

It would also be good to list down your points in text.

Come on, lets face it, the secret is out, Sorc is and continues to be OP, hence the continued nerfs.

Pft, is that the best you can do, Devs? More nerfs pls :cool::):rolleyes::D:(:D:rolleyes::):cool:.
  4. Humane Committed Player

I have seen something else in addition to what was said in the video and would like to know if other Sorcs have noticed it as well.
    If you are hit while casting CoD then the circle doesn't always appear or take effect yet it is rubbed out on your bar and you have to wait till it cycles.
    Is this intentional or a bug?

That being said, I too am feeling no love from the devs in regards to Sorcery.
    Having people telling you to switch powers is aggravating, especially when I have been playing my toon for two years.
    Instead of coming out with new powers, why don't the devs attempt to fix the ones that already exist?
  5. renzhe New Player

Not a bug per se, not specific to Sorcery. Basically, when casting a power which has a cast bar / has casting time, you can get interrupted, and that power will sometimes not fire off and goes into cooldown.
  6. 478874 Dedicated Player

The Soul Well thing is really common, there has been a thread in the Arkham Asylum bug section for at several weeks but it's been going on a lot longer than that.

The problem with Circle of Destiny has been going on for a long while too, since before game update 25. It first started with the Bad Karma consumables not activating at all, but it's spread to all the Bad Karma powers and now it even overwrites/cancels the Circle itself, as shown in the video.

Transmutation has been badly broken since the Clown Box fix, but even before that it wasn't interacting properly with Life Elemental. It would break LE but no healing would occur. Also, at that time, it didn't do double damage (two ticks) to Polymorphed targets.

I don't use Arbiter that much because I just don't think it's very good for anything but PvE DPS, and with the other Super Powers failing constantly, I simpy don't run Sorcery DPS anymore. I don't want to subject the other people depending on me for damage to those errors. I know others will contend differently, but in PvP AoD is not better than other options for reasons that have been listed ad nauseum.

There are plenty of other issues as well that I didn't go into in the video, like the Watcher UI still glitching out. I will, though, if people really want me to. Still, a lot of this stuff is mentioned in the Arkham Asylum forum and is just passed over and buried. So for putting my list of stuff down in text, yeah I guess I could do that, but I really don't want to waste my time anymore, which I feel like I am doing making these threads and videos. Heck, I have privately submitted videos like this one to the proper people and nothing comes of it.

I really don't know what the issue is but I am certain people at DCUO offices are working hard on a lot of stuff so I don't want to disparage them or their efforts. Honestly, I believe the game is badly underfunded and lacks a true Quality Control department. That's the only reasonable explanation to a lot of this. People just don't have time to check their work, too much of a demand is being placed on them to get work out for publication.

I don't know what their party line is going to be about this, but the expectation that is being set is that it's okay for some of the powers to work some times and for some of the powers to work never, even for a power set that went through beta and has been out since launch. Frankly, that's not okay for a game that's been out for two and a half years, and it is mostly not a ps3 issue. I've played enough games on enough different platforms to not be that naive.