Check Box For "Don't Join In-Progress Matches" PLEASE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anima, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Anima Committed Player

Please!!!!!
    • Like x 8
  2. ToneMD New Player

I agree I'll gladly wait. Or at least put in a points threshold so you don't join say an 890 to 200 match.
    • Like x 1
  3. Anima Committed Player

Sometimes I am just good enough to turn the tables on them when I join in, but when there's not even three minutes left in a match where the score is 100-950, I CAN'T recover, no matter how well I play!
  4. NoobishGuy New Player

It's not that simple I think. An instance might start where the group is only missing one role and they haven't actually started the instance but just in it.
  5. Ayaya New Player

check box pls
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's important for us to get people queueing into underway matches. If we didn't, one person quitting would absolutely invalidate the match. We're able to put people into underway matches fast enough to maintain much of the integrity of the match, even though sometimes you do end up in those almost-over matches.

Once consolation rewards are back in and you get something for your efforts win or lose, hopefully this won't be so bothersome.
    • Like x 6
  7. thirty six Loyal Player

There was a similar post yesterday. I don't think its a bad idea at all.
  8. MetalMario Loyal Player

This is a pretty good solution. The match should definitely stay open if there's a reasonable chance for a comeback. Giving people the option to not join matches in progress would mean that if someone disconnects nobody would be filling that spot.
  9. Dynamo New Player

actually i agree with this, the other day in HQ: Watchtower, we lost the first round and half the team quit but since we got replacements very quickly, we ended up winning the match very easily.
    • Like x 1
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

11. MARK2099 New Player

Was so hard to admit this? all start with GU25, sure there were always leavers, but the % increase drastically once players were getting nothing for their effort.
    There are plenty of players who like to join instances in progress here and try to win, is possible to win in but only in extreme cases the other group is just bad.
  12. One_Man_Army New Player

Hate that in HQ lol. People think that because they lost the first round, they're going to lose the next one. First round in HQ matches doesn't matter. It's the second round that counts. If people just stick around, they still might win the match.
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Keep in mind sometimes a person is lost because of DC etc., and not just because of quitters.

I've been dropped into a match with a minute or two left and was on the winning side.

I've also been on the other side of the coin. A few months ago I was playing with my bro and froze up on the spawn point. Could use menus, etc but not move. So I left right away in the hopes that he'd get someone quickly and win, which he did.
    • Like x 1
  14. One_Man_Army New Player

Yeah, but if half the group suddenly leaves, most likely they're just quitter who assumed that since they lost the first round, they're likely gonna lose the 2nd round. Every time I see it I laugh. I tell myself, "Dude it's just round 1. The round that really matter is round 2. Why leave when it's not even close to decided yet?"
  15. Dynamo New Player

i actually don't hate that. because if they r quiting it means they don't know what to do there.
    i'd rather they quit and i get someone who knows what they r doing, rather than them raging all over the chat.
  16. One_Man_Army New Player

Well, it certainly shows that they don't have a clue that losing the first round does nothing but give the other side buffs going into the second round. Doesn't really mean they don't know what to do in round 2, though. Besides, often times, they get replaced with players who also don't have a clue what to do, lol, and that just gets annoying.
  17. surge914 New Player

Unfortunately that arena match is the only one you can do this since it has rounds. The other arenas don't have rounds so if the other team quits then its over.
  18. surge914 New Player

Oh so now taking out consolation marks wasn't such a good idea afterwards.huh. I'm glad their coming back.
    • Like x 1