Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. chaoticreign New Player

It is online with ice, just different. As you said biggest potential and the trade of is harder to play. You make it as easy to play as ice you have to give up that potential... Then we just have ice with two different graphic effects.

Again if people really think ice is so much better... play ice. I have an ice and earth. The both are great in different ways, the fact they are different is why I play both...
  2. Shield New Player

You must have not read my post very well, because earth is not supposed to play the same as ice. Their are trade offs. I said it and you did, earth has best mitigation in the game, but you have a greater risk window. You see how that works greater risk, greater reward. You can cover that greater vulnerability with your 2 shields. People are addressing playing the game, not purity of earth power set. Earth can use hard light shield, to get to their max mitigation. That should be good enough, to say it has to be an earth power or it does not count is laughable. It works, that is what matters. Things are balanced right now, because you get more for your risk in earth. If you take away the risk it makes earth overpowered. As much as people claim that these threads are not a nerf this thread, anyone that has been in the game knows how the devs work. They don't buff they nerf and I believe that other are smart enough to figure this out. No one likes when people call for a nerf so they make these comparison threads to indirectly attack a power. I think it is just an underhanded way to attack another class.
  3. Cream Corn New Player

So Now Its About Not Wanting To Use Iconics.

My League Tried Nexus With Everyone In T4. I Grabbed Hard Light Shield Because 4 Shields Just Wasn't Enough. Every Tank Struggles Until They're Geared Up. If You Think Your Power Is Weak Its Only Because You're Weak. Play Earth Towards Its Strengths And Stop Trying To Play Like Other Powersets. When You Play Towards Your Weaknesses Instead Of Towards Your Strengths You Will Not Do Well Because You're Not Maximizing What You Have.

That Said, There Are A Few Things That Could Make Earth A Little More User Friendly But I Feel The Complexity Is Worth It. Earth Has The Best Damage Mitigation On Paper So It Makes Sense To Make It Harder To Achieve That.
  4. AIpha New Player

I'm sorry did you're first sentence just say Earth is not supposed to play like ice after your last post used the phrase cycle shields? Lol lmfao do you even know what you are saying? Also Earth CAN NOT use HLS to get max mitigation that is a lie. In 11 pages I have said this is not an Ice nerf thread maybe 12 times, I also have explained multiple times why it HAD to be a comparison thread. SImply saying something is underpowered is not good enough for the devs. They need you to show them why it is underpowered. I fell like no one even reads the post I make and just come in with their convoluted predetermined thoughts about the thread. Shield you sir are a prime example of why my powerset will never be fixed. You post false facts(HLS giving max mitigation, you do realize the HLS doesn't even stack with our absorption right? Absorption is a type of shield so as soon as you put HLS up it overwrites absorption. The HLS doesn't tank 50% damage intake until it breaks it takes 100% then we are back to our 50% absorption). You then proceed to tell me Earth is fine don't play it like Ice while telling me to cycle 2 shields(mind you if you are telling me to use gemstone as a shield you OBVIOUSLY no jack squat about Earth. Gemstone is best used as an absorption booster allowing you to boost your absorption over 50% for a small period of time. Lastly you think that telling me using an Iconic ability means my powerset is balanced. Thats what they told controllers and look what all three have now in the power trees..........power supercharges. Try telling the dpses that they need to use an Iconic power to put out similar damage to other powers and that is balanced.
  5. AIpha New Player

Caps alert lol jk.

But Earth DOES not have the best mitigation on paper. It has the best EFFECTIVE HEALTH WHILE BLOCKING on paper so basically we are the best blocking tank.

Again why is everyone coming back to the Nexus point. I have not said once in this thread that Earth can not beat nexus. Infact I have said multiple times that it can and that that was not the point of the thread.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Never said that about iconics, but forcing the use of it to supplement a deficiency in a power set is WRONG thinking. Ice and fire doesn't need a supplement for their tanking (though I do know quite a few fire tanks use A. Deflection because of counter mechanics that they can't block through), earth does.

This isn't a debate on whether or not someone is "LEET" enough for earth, it's a serious conversation about how earth is NOT in line with the other sets. I'm asking for a slight tweek, unlike alphas who is asking for a complete overhaul. To overgear the content defeats the purpose of the content. Earth is not equal to fire and ice at the same gear level, it requires you to be overgeared to suppliment it's vulnerabilities or as Mitchell from Odyssey pointed out, good healers.

I find it amusing how people are getting so defensive in this thread. This isn't a personal attack to you and your play style, nor is it a request to bring other down to its level. But this will fall on deaf ears and will probably take one line from what I said and completely ignore everything in context.
  7. AIpha New Player

Noone said make it as easy as Ice. If I wanted to make it as easy as Ice I would've asked for 3 more shields in my power tree which no one has asked for. Instead we asked for 25% more absorption on the tank buff. My newest list of changes lists that aftershocks would give us absorption= .015*domincance and would cap out at 20% absorption or 1334 domincace. This means max we could achieve 70% absorption but have to take the same risk we are taking now. I also asked for pet tanking to become LESS EASY actually. I asked that damageshift run out every 12 sec and apply the same buff when used as aftershocks as well as grant Brick/ Crystal 25% absorption for any damage they take from adds or bosses. You see my changes aren't making Earth easier to play they are making earth balanced at base and requiring the same risk it has to take now to increase their potential. If I wanted to make it like Ice I would've said aftershocks grant a shield, or damage shift transfers 10k damage to brick even if he dies, or gemstone shield now damages any enemy around them while also knocking them up on activation and giving you a true shield. I didn't suggest any of those. I easily could've but I didn't because despite what people are assuming I don't want to be like ice I want to be as good as Ice with my own mechanics and powers.
  8. AIpha New Player

You might not have seen this but I agreed that my initial request for changes was too much and came up with a much more reasonable list. I couldn't edit the original post so I had to make a new one and it probably was lost in the bickering.

"So today I made a list of how to give us 50% absorption on power activation but still make aftershocks and damage shift to pet useful without being overpowered. Here it is:

• Any power grants 50% absorption but dominance is no longer added to your defense
    • Dominance now effects xtra absorption granted by aftershocks and damage shift. 1 dominance=.015% absorption. This is an equivalent of 1000 dominance=15% absorption. Additional absorption is capped at 20% or 1334 dominance.
    • Epicenter is now given aftershocks with increased range with each aftershock. Max of x2.
    • Gemshield will now grant a 50% damage shield while aftershocking and grant the appropriate % shield once it has turned grey. For those that are unfamilar gemshield currently takes damage off its cap during activation but has a cap of dom+resto. This would make it so you have a 50% absorption shield while activating then the appropriate % shield once you are done aftershocking(50%,67%,84%,100%).
    • Pet Tanking- Damage shift now transfers a percentage of damage equal to dominace*.015(same as aftershocking). Damage shift runs out every 12s(same as aftershocking), but activating damage shift grants Brick/Crystal 25% absorption.
    • Totem now has a max of 2 out at a time.
    The rest can be done at the revamp
    • Localized Tremor is a knockdown w/o PI
    • Jackhammer is a knockdown w/o PI
    • Tecontic Break causes a stun
    • Reinforce grants immunity to you and 3 group members while in Tank stance(still transfers 25% damage to you from lowest health teammate)
    • Debris Field causes a knockdown w/o PI
    • Entomb Supercharge is changed to Rock Armor- Grants 75% absorption(does not stack with other absorption) for 12s. While in rock armor Enemies that strike you become stuned and dazed. 35% supercharge. VFX for this is the rock armor in the character creation screen.
    • VFX added to tell you when you have more than 50% absorption. Rock Shoulders."
  9. Ayaya New Player

:eek: what about pvp
  10. Cream Corn New Player

sorry For The Caps. My Phone Doesn't Play Well With Forums.

You Guys Remind Me Of That Att Commercial. We Want More We Want More!

While Blocking You Guys Can Mitigate Close To 75% Damage With Defense, 80% With The Neck Mod. Then You Absorb 50% Of The Remainder. That's 87.5-90% Mitigation. Any More Dmg Absorption would Make Other Tanks Obsolete. Who Cares If You Have To Block, You're Taking Less Dmg Overall Vs Other Tanks.
  11. Shield New Player

Don't take my words out of context. I did not say hl shield gives you max mitigation, I said you can use both of your shields, hl being one of them to cover yourself until you are at max absorption. Which at that point your mitigation is better then all other tanks. When I said they don't play the same I was not referencing cycling shields. I was referencing your complaints about not reaching your max mitigation by hitting one power. Earth has to use more than one power but get greater mitigation for their work. I did not hear any of these complaints prior to revamp when ice was way underpowered. Only now that ice has been brought in line with earth do I hear complaints and comparison threads. I have explained in multiple posts now why I feel this a flank attack on ice. So please refer to those posts for that information. If you want it to a true “buff earth" then leave ice out of it.
  12. AIpha New Player

Looks like you did.
  13. AIpha New Player

I just highlited where you said HLS gives earth max mitigation so I wasn't taking your words out of context it was one complete sentence.

You have two posts in this thread now three all of which are whinning because you think this is a nerf ice thread where I have made nearly 20 post explaining why I had to use ice as comparison. I can't just say buff earths tank buff its not strong enough. THen people would say well yes it is you guys can tank nexus just fine duh noob. So i refuse to take any more time to explain that because apparently once someone reads something that proves them wrong they just ignore it.

Also, this never came up before hand because I never saw a reason to bring it up and there was nothing that pointed it out so blatently. Someone would've had to dig deep to find this and it wasn't until I started doing nexus and stuff and I was like wait a minute on paper I should be fine, when I block I have the highest effective health of any tank why do I feel so squishy when I'm seeing other tanks run through this no issue. That is when I started to look deeper into this and found this out. THe ice revamp has nothing to do with so stop bringing it up. If I wanted to complain about your revamp I would say that you guys got hibernation to be immovable while the equivalent power for Earth roles around on its own and can still be picked up and thrown. THats what I would say. That is immbalanced but I realize that can wait for the revamp. Something as major as this can not.
  14. Shield New Player

Let explain what I said about hard light shield, because your not getting it. From what I read on this thread and from talking to earth players, the major issue is you are vulnerable while you build up to max absorption, but once you get to max absorption level your have best mitigation in the game. You could use your two shields, one of which is hl to protect yourself in this window of vulnerability. In my opinion this is what makes earth unique, they start off with weaker mitigation than other tanks but becomes stronger then both by the end of their rotation.
  15. Shield New Player

You can reframe my words however you want, but that does not mean they are any less valid. I can do it too watch. I have two post in the thread showing how earth is balanced and you should stop bring up ice. You have over 20 post whining, I can't play like ice, I can't use just one power, I have to block, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I want earth to be better then other tanks all the time and not have to suffer any drawbacks.

Now was the constructive? No, fun yes, spiteful yes, but not constructive. So let's be done with calling each others post whining. I have a lot more material to work with then you.
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

im out on this thread. its become a ***** fest for ice players who finally got a good upgrade a couple of updates ago. for those that want tweaks. the point had been made. for the ice players with sense, thanks for the input. i think the point that this thread was made for has been made a few times over. good luck to all the tanks out there and have fun with whatever power you are.
  17. AIpha New Player

I'd love for you to bring some concrete evidence to your posts but all they have been has been whinning about how this is a nerf ice thread and how much ice is recieving all this hate. Grow up and talk like a man. Present some numbers, some facts, some anything besides opinion that stems from you thinking this is a nerf ice thread. In 12 pages all I have done is PROVE using hard facts and numbers how earth is not up to par while the ICE players complain that my numbers are false and that they don't represent real game actions to which one actually posted a numbers rotation in which I proved again using his numbers not mine that Ice mitigated or had the opportunity to mitigate more damage if they so choose. Plain and simple everyone that has disagreed has either proven nothing or presented numbers which in turn I have taken and proved my point. Now if you would like to present an argument sans opinion with more fact go ahead, but until then consider any response you make null and void because I will no longer be responding to people that try and bring up the same argument that has already been addressed and closed TWICE now in this thread. Read ALL 11 pages you will find my response to whatever you post next somewhere in those 11 pages because this will now be probably the 4th or 5th time I have had to address someone with the same misconstrued opinions.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I thought about a rock armor or rock form would be a nice addition. Some of those knockdowns would probably be easier to do and I would be happy with those ASAP since if we have Unstoppable, we have Localized Tremor.
  19. Warped Bacon New Player

i agree. The least i am asking for is for upheaval to be an instant cast. In nexus if you are running a dmg absorption loadout, you only have jackhammer and gemstone shield. if you even think about using upheavel, evn if you time it and use it when the bosses arent attacksing, it takes so long to get the three aftershocks off that by then the bosses have either killed you, or interrupted you. either way, your screwed.
  20. BrotherMutant New Player

I always wondered what the devs were thinking when they decided that Unstoppable (our team cleanse) was to be used to set up PI as well as knocking all enemies away from the tank. Seems like the opposite of what you would want for a tank. How do you all use Unstoppable?