Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. FrostyMagma New Player

im on you side alpha im a tank not any power in particular i see the flaws with earth using its power or its powers mixed with iconics the window with cast time is to large. i did nexus last night with earth then switched to fire and re did it and was far more successfull
  2. Ayaya New Player

this whole thread is an elaborate ruse to get ice's defense buff scaled down :rolleyes:
    and
    as long as earth tanks are able to do t5 content, i don't see the devs doing anything for earth anytime soon

TLDR: pressing extra button for aftershock too hard AND imbalanced for some players
  3. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Earth blocking has the highest health yes but having to refresh the aggro opens up earth easy 1shot pickings for t5 sub and boss.
  4. chaoticreign New Player

Why block? A. Reflection gives you the same defense and keeps aggro on you.
  5. chaoticreign New Player

The design is:
    • Run solo using reply to get enough green to do alerts... of course replay badges
    • Run alerts in green to get enough marks to get blues... of course replay badges
    • Run raids in blues and they will soon add purple drops... of course replay badges
    Problem is simple... For good players these are too easy... for bad players too hard. To many players have been power leveled and are clueless about how to play when not overgeared or pulled through by overgeared teamates... and then there are those who know how to play. Those who know how find it mildly hard at best... those who do not fill the boards with "impossible" and my class is broken... There is no bell curve. It is alot of good players and alot of bad players. The natural bell curve was thrown out when new players had the game dumbed down and even then were still power leveled through content and never learned the mechanics.

You assume the current raids were not designed to have us run alerts until we can purchase enough blues to run the raid. Its all about $. Watch a month or so from now they will put the purple gear for all roles in raids. Full purple will be overgeard... Full blue is at gear by design for these. But again they cannot find middle ground cause their really is none. You have great players and horrible player and not a lot between. You set the difficulty in the middle of those two you get what you have now... for some easy for others too hard.
  6. FrostyMagma New Player

thats where you are wrong silly.. this thread is to figure what we can do to get earth up to par with the other 2 tanks..........
    musta missed that part
  7. BumblingB I got better.

You do realise that is an iconic and then what is the point of earth? I was already using hard light sheild, using amazonian deflection defeats the purpose of a unique power type. Might just go fire then and dig the giant health pool or ice for the massive defense buff. If earth can't use aftershocks, it is a squishy tank. You get your dom added to your defense and toughness. Fire gets health and ice gets defense.

Don't get me wrong, earth has the greatest potential with a LOT of work, but it also has the greatest vulnerability between all the tank classes. That is what is getting discussed in this thread, not the potential of earth.
    • Like x 1
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Chaotic shure likes to make a lot of assumptions on people's abilities to play just because they are discussioning tweaks they would like to see to a powerset. I don't care if your the best tank to ever play your skill alone is not enough to clear a raid. It takes a solid group effort from all 8 players to complete these raids.
    • Like x 4
  9. Nobody New Player

I'd take this post more seriously if the title didn't sound like it was written by Borat.
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Don't care what chaotic said, but this isn't just discussing tweaks he wants to see for earth. It's basically saying ice is OP and earth needs huge buffs. Which he has failed to show reasons for either of those thoughts that aren't so flawed they are completely invalid.

I think we all agree the way earth works it's at a disadvantage in some areas. The window you open yourself up to in order to re-establish the mitigation is literally twice as long as fire/ice. Having the 50% mitigation apply upon using a power would leave them at the same level as Ice when talking standard protection (not blocking/using powers). That only seems reasonable to me.

The fact that Earth needs to apply PI to be able to CC is another thing that just seems obvious that it should be changed.

The idea that ice is OP due to shields is just a fallacy though. Pew's example shows that quite well. Alpha decided to ignore the reuse timer on shields and redo the scenario in order to skew it in ice's favor. So can you really not see why Ice people are getting frustrated with everyone calling them OP when they can't give valid reasons why without ignoring the big picture?

Earth = best while blocking, but lacks speed while buffing themselves and lacks the additional power dependent gains fire/ice get through heals/shields, also requires PI to CC enemies.

Ice = reflection is great and their just buffed state is the highest, but lowest gains from blocking and their max potential survival is the lowest except when reflection is used.

Fire = Huge HP pool and great gains from blocking, but heals mechanically aren't as good as shields and very reliant on blocking because of the lowest defense numbers.

I've not played fire so if I'm wrong there ignore that as it's simply an outsider perspective, but fact is I've seen all 3 tanks do well in the t5 raids. I've seen earths pet tank in the 4 mans without an issue. Functionally they all seem to be working, but it is fair to say that earth has some large flaws that could be addressed, but it is NOT due to lack of the potential to mitigate damage, it's based in the way their buff is set up and the reliance on a PI.
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

Jeebus I think you make some points. Earth is at a disadvantage due to how it's set up. Me personally, I want that changed for the better because I like the power. I like all tank powers to be honest. If they changed ice it would suck. I see it right now as the perfect tank power. I just want earth and fire to be brought up to speed. In so many words, I believe all people who prefer earth would agree with that.
  12. Lacedog Loyal Player

It's to funny to edit, but I was referring to jeebie, not jeebus.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If the OP was left at simply addressing the functional downfalls of earth and not asking for more power than the other tanks have you wouldn't see a single word of disagreement in this thread from me, only a ton of thumbs up.
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

I hear you. I think it's a lot easier to compare powers though, to show where the disadvantages are. I honestly didn't see nerf ice anywhere in this thread except when other "ice" users, not yourself, came and mentioned that. I say "ice" because I consider myself a tank. I want all of the tank powers to be functional. Because they are all fun with their own benefits. If you look back a couple of pages to alphas suggestion about dropping the defense for dom and instead adding in more absorption based off of your dom. That I think is the best solution. It completely fits with aftershocks and would give us the 50% absorption on activating a power. Pet tanking, like how he suggested, would work out better too. And all of this would simply be tweaks to earth and no other power, making earth better than it is now.
  15. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I don't think it is possible to calculate anything without knowing the defense penetration in t5. Just saying.
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

True. But it's equal across the board though right?
  17. Itazuki New Player

The problem I see is people keep talking about Earth being fully geared and also using Iconics powers to effectively Tank the Raid. Which... beats the whole purpose of playing Earth and even running the Raids....

I'm really not seeing anyone ask to nerf Ice, yet half the players posting in this thread are Ice players. (Half the game is Ice players now though lol)
  18. FrostyMagma New Player

I have been ice to try it out i am and allways will be a fire guy. I tried earth to accept the challenge of the hardest tank to master only to find it's faults, was curious. Earth is just as good at mitigating damage with it's own powers but iconic powers were implamented for a reason so we can choose to use them or not. I see the comparison to ice because earth can not be compared to fire. Who says ice is op the only op here is someone being better at the game than someone.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

No one is asking for ice nerfs, but upgrading one powerset while leaving the other as it is is a reletive nerf, considering they are equal right now when comparing the potential to mitigation damage it would leave ice lacking. The problems with earth are simply the way it functions not their ability to mitigate damage.
  20. Itazuki New Player

If you give Earth 50% absorption on the first cast though, then you come to the problem of Earth having no other Tanking mechanics like Fire has self-healing and Ice has shields.