Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

Its not that it doesn't matter its that its something that shouldn't be factored into balancing.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

So while fire and earth can gain max defense as well as increase the cap by blocking and Ice can only increase their cap, it's something that shouldn't' be factored in??? Sorry man I simply cannot agree with you but whatever, GL with the earth suggestions like I said I agree with most of them.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

I think it's more of ices shields, fires heals, and earths absorption not being balanced. To go with that, earth has to hit one certain power, then aftershock it to hit their bonus, while both ice and fire can hit any power at all once to get theirs. That's what needs to be fixed/discussed/compared.
  4. AIpha New Player

Yes because then you end up saying, "well you can just block and youre better" No thats not how it should work. Blocking should be used to survive oneshots not survive EVERYTHING. Blocking should be an optional thing for tanks something that can improve their tanking abilities for a brief second then they can go back to attacking like everyone else. What is the point of FIre and Earth even having weapons if we never use them because we are always blocking. Blocking is actually part of the issue with Fire and Earth. Its something that Ice doesn't have to do but Earth and Fire do.

Everyone needs to stop overlooking that this is in Full t5 gear with Earth moding EVERY piece of gear with Dom V just to reach this. So Ice can put all Health and Dom V and have more health and more shield strength. Fire and put all Health and Dom Vs or Resto and Health Vs and increase their health and healing. Earth can only put Dom Vs in their gear to reach the break even point. How is that balanced? So the other two tanks get more health and stronger shields and heals while we are struggling to reach the break even point?
    • Like x 1
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

Also, it's not ideal but ice and fire could tank without any shields or self heals, due to their higher defense and health. Earth probably wouldn't last too long with only their bump up in defense and 25% absorption.
    • Like x 1
  6. AIpha New Player

Exactly. This isn't a small overlook this is a massive imbalance in how Earth Tanks are. I mean if Earth was just as good explain why Fire and Ice make up 95% of the tanking community? There has to be a reason these people are not making Earth tanks. Well here is your reason. They can feel the massive difference. It's easy to feel. Go in with a loadout minus aftershocks and damage shift and see how well you do compared to an ice tank going in without shields or a fire tank going in without heals. This doesn't even need to be in Nexus. Run and op or run dawn and you will be able to feel it. This topic just shows why you are feeling it.
    • Like x 5
  7. Ayaya New Player

i don't understand the purpose of your post

it's like you are basically saying
    "i don't want to press 2 buttons to reach my maximum tanking potential"
    "wahhh wahhhh ice only has to press 1 button to reach maximum tanking potential wahhh"
  8. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Even though you tried to be funny. That is a legitimate imbalance.
    • Like x 2
  9. AIpha New Player

Wrong we have to hit 1 certian power twice to reach our maximum which is the same as Ice hitting any power and still having 5 shields at their disposal. People don't understand that Ice hitting one power and Earth hitting jackhammer twice are not the same. Earths real buff that is compared to Ice's 90% defense buff is a 25% absorption not 50% so look at the second group of numbers when comparing directly. Us hitting jackhammer twice is like Ice hitting reflect which are not comparable at all.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

Apparently you don't read much either. I've played all of the tank powers. Ice is awesome. The idea behind fire and earth are awesome as well. But right now earth, as is, is basically obsolete without top gear and mods. And even then it's still falling short.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ayaya New Player

what is imbalanced?
    that ice only has to press 1 power to reach maximum tank potential

while earth has to press 2 buttons? oh my! i mean that extra button press for aftershock really hurting right

the injustice
  12. AIpha New Player

Obviously you are out of the loop here. That is not ice's max potential. It still has 4 shields to rotate for its max potential. Its not that we have to push and extra button(which mind you actually is an imbalance) its that we have to put certain powers on our loadout and only have 3 options to do so. We are at our max after jackhammers. Ice is at it's mid ground.

And again you are completely ignore the second part of my post. Ice hitting 1 power is not the same as Earth hitting one power. That is an imbalance no mater if it only takes one more button to be equal or not we still have to do one more thing AND that it thats all we can do. Ice still has their shields to rotate.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

No, that Ice's "maximum tanking potential" is better than the other two Tanks.

Also, both Fire and Ice only need to click one power to get a higher buff than Earth does when they click one power.
    • Like x 1
  14. Richard Dorsey New Player

I paid the same for a better deal.[IMG]
  15. Ayaya New Player

earth has 2 ways to tank damage, with a pet and with absorption.
    ice doesn't have the option since each tree does the same.

i read more of your posts, you say blocking shouldn't be required to tank?
    what is the purpose of a tank? to reduce incoming damage...why wouldn't you want to block as a tank?
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. Pets are tanking through damage absorption. You transfer the damage to your pet so he absorbs some of it for you. Same as getting absorption with Aftershocks.

Before you come arguing about powers, at least know what you're talking about.
    • Like x 5
  17. AIpha New Player

If you honestly understood how Earth works you would realize they both do the same thing its not different. I also don't remember Ice being required to have 2 powers on their loadout that onces used sit there the rest of the raid never to be used again(thats pet tanking) nor do I remember them having to hit that one power on their loadout required to get their 90% defense buff do you? You are proving my point with every post you make. Thats exactly the point Ice can use any power in any tree, Earth MUST use 1(or 2) of 4 different powers to do the same as ice hitting let say cold snap or even inescapable storm.

Here is an example to show you how much that 1 power matters.

2 tanks walk into a room: The ice tank pulls a group with inescapbale storm and is good to go. The Earth tank hits either Earth Grip or Epicenter then much hit jackhammer and then aftershock. Time wise that Ice tank just took 2s max to reach its max defense(mind you they still have shields they can hit to block incoming damage) while Earth just spent 4-5 secs depedning on what their opening power was to reach their max absorption(and they have nothing else to use).

That occurs everytime the tank needs to pull something so added up over the course of the raid that time starts to add up. Not only that the difference of 2-3 secs could mean a matter of life or death in T5 raids.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The flip side is that we are totally vulnerable in that hot second while we apply our mitigation. Earth only has a chance to juggle as long as we have PI set up. Unstoppable will knockback adds but it is our only immunity ability with a long cool down. Fire has several knockback abilities to juggle. We got nothing like Bitter Winds which is an awesome ability, and you folks in Ice have a few knockabout moves. If our knockdown moves were guaranteed we could have a better chance to avoid taking damage in a mob, thereby alleviating some of the need for higher mitigations. And for bosses we block.
  19. Ayaya New Player

after shocks grants 50% absorption and pet tanking grants 25% absorption + 25% damage transfer (they don't stack)
    do you know what you are talking about irish play?

ya alpha man, those extra button presses....too much of a hassle
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Read the last line of what I said =)