What are you hoping for in Quantum?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cloud_9, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Cloud_9 New Player

I hope it's a viable DPS class. I'm currently an Ice DPS, but it's mostly because of my obsession with the color blue. Ice is really more of a white powerset, and Quantum is apparently more blue according to Jens' twitter. So I'm switching regardless... I'm just hoping my current armor is still relevant when I switch.

What about you guys?
  2. Flashhh New Player

i wanna know if its precision or might based
  3. Dump Truck New Player

A shield in the shape of a Dolorian
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

That it doesn't suck.
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

A shield power, at least one DoT (hopefully a group DoT), a group encasement (would be nice if that caused damage), some nice area crowd control, teleporting that isn't lame and a supercharge of such awesomeness that it causes PS3s to crash while I'm playing on the PC (sorry PS3 guys :) ).
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

hoping this new powerset is more of a dual spec role...meaning works good for both might or precision..much like gadgets... you can do crazy damage modding your self either way... and now that we know you can buy either dps heavy or might heavy dps gear...i find that to be even more of a reason to make this set be viable for both with out one being better than the other.....

i want it to be able to go range just as good as it goes melee (much like ice) ice at the moment is strong both range and melee .... i want it to be on par with the non over powered powers (Hardlight Gadgets) that way there is no cry for nerfs....
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

im hoping the trolling capabilities are different then anything weve seen from a troller class thus far as well..id like it to be very unique and very good
  8. X-zero Loyal Player

That it is not nerfed in the first few weeks because people don't know how to fight it in pvp.
    More then one defense debuff. Atleast one ranged debuff.
    That it is more might based since gadgets and hard light seem more precision while mental seems more might.
    That you won't be handicapped for bring more then one of them into a fight.
  9. Mirage Knight New Player

I think it won't be precision based since Tachyon Blast is a 60% modifier power (generally those cast power are might based).
    The Time tree seems to be more support/troll with Time Bubble (shield) and the traditional power dump (time extraction or something like that).
  10. ARI ATARI New Player

im hoping quantum is a power that the developers get balanced very rapidly. in the past powers are either too weak or too strong.
    We will know its balanced if its got potential yet people struggle for a few days. If you pick up a new power and top the charts right away, something is very wrong(electric when it was released). or if all you do is die(earth when it was first released)
    • Like x 1
  11. Zizzi New Player

Im interested to know what's so "unique" about quantum when it controls and damages.
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

I hope that it's modeled after real scientific concepts and not just pop culture fringe (like BTTF).
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

did they release a video on this already?... link???
  14. Dynagirl Committed Player

Im really hoping it has a heavy energy manipulation look and a lot of beam effects
  15. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I hope that it doesn't. Beam effects? No thank you. Keep that for some sort of cybernetic/gadget.........wait.....
  16. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I'm hoping that the time effects allow me to freeze chat and reverse time back to pre-holywtfbbqstuff.
  17. Dynagirl Committed Player

Don't destroy my dreams lol

Well it certainly has at least one beamish attack since it has power in the empowered channeling mod. :p
  18. TheLoneLantern New Player

Well, laser technology is a large part of physics, so I doubt you'll get your wish.
  19. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Don't care. I'll still play it because it will be a new toy for me, but if they go overboard with lasers, meh. If they do go that route, they risk the power set having a lot of stuff "borrowed" from Light and Gadgets, in terms of ranged materials. If they can do it in such a way that it doesn't look like some Gundamesque material or copy things from the aforementioned power sets, fine. Let's just hope for a video soon. That would be a godsend at this point.
  20. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I hope it's ready to get stomped into the ground by some Earth users >;o
    Death to Quantum!