Swamarian's Recent Activity

1. Swamarian replied to the thread Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?.

There are two general approaches to defeating hackers. The first is to do everything on the server. The client tells the server that the...

Aug 12, 2022 at 2:20 PM
  2. Swamarian replied to the thread Milestone's (DC) Icon and Rocket.

They went into when things went sour between DC and Milestone. IIRC, it started with the issue where Static lost his virginity, and...

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:51 PM
  3. Swamarian replied to the thread Milestone's (DC) Icon and Rocket.

There's a sort of documentary on Milestone up on HBO Max, for those who are interested. (I say "sort of" because it looks like it was made...

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:45 AM
  4. Swamarian replied to the thread The Sandman Netflix Series.

I've watched the entire series now, and I liked it. Unlike WilderMidnight, I enjoyed the comics, and have all of the floppies. I also read...

Aug 10, 2022
  5. Swamarian replied to the thread What did you like the most about DCUO when you started?.

One thing I miss was the big hero vs. villain battles near the Superman statue, where we'd fight until we crashed the server. I remember...

Aug 5, 2022
  6. Swamarian replied to the thread Gotham Wastelands "Farming".

That doesn't really explain why you would go there, though.

Aug 5, 2022
  7. Swamarian replied to the thread What did you like the most about DCUO when you started?.

I liked, and still like just flying around. I also have fond memories of doing the open world bounties. I remember villain side, we formed...

Aug 5, 2022
  8. Swamarian replied to the thread Returning player sp question.

Assuming that you've already got the races and exploration, running content works. Most alerts and raids have multiple feats...

Jul 14, 2022
  9. Swamarian replied to the thread StU Alert a bit of a random queue nightmare?.

I've done it 3 times so far, and the only real issue's* been the final turret phase. If we can coordinate that, we're good. If not, we're...

Jul 10, 2022
  10. Swamarian replied to the thread Fixed STU Solo Crashing (PS4).

PC US

Jul 7, 2022
  11. Swamarian replied to the thread Graphics Update 2023.

STO also had a major lighting revamp a couple of years ago, and is on their third iteration of Earth Spacedock, and second of DS9....

Jul 4, 2022
  12. Swamarian replied to the thread Graphics Update 2023.

They can't replace the engine, but they may be able to do updates to the current engine. When the game was built, it was limited more...

Jul 4, 2022
  13. Swamarian replied to the thread Fans of Heavy Metal (the illustrated magazine and 1981 movie).

The Heavy Metal movie was based on stories from the magazine. TFE was influenced by French comics, especially The Incal. Heavy...

Jun 29, 2022
  14. Swamarian replied to the thread QoL - 2nd Free Armory.

Nah, people just switched gear. There wasn't nearly as much to spend skill points on.

Jun 28, 2022
  15. Swamarian replied to the thread Apparently Thursday was support role appreciation day.

I did the riddled with crime alert yesterday with 4 trolls. (I was heals.) None of them would switch to dps. I was a bit slow, but at least...

Jun 24, 2022
  16. Swamarian replied to the thread Stop the scammers.

A couple of major updates back, premium players would regularly offer reds for trades, because of their cash cap. I don't see why...

Jun 23, 2022
  17. Swamarian replied to the thread A timely reminder.

You could be right. I was going by very vague memories.

Jun 20, 2022
  18. Swamarian replied to the thread A timely reminder.

This was like #7 on the list of thing Kristyana isn't allowed to do, on the old forums. (Number 1 was throwing the other tank at adds...

Jun 20, 2022
  19. Swamarian replied to the thread Booster box opening 20 theory.

20 boxes give a little over 64% chance of getting one, if the probability's 5%. 50 boxes give a little over 92%....

Jun 18, 2022
  20. Swamarian liked Wallachia's post in the thread Up-Votes Needed WARNING: brutal memory leak on USPC.

I just got into the game and got a severe lag issue. It wasn`t latency, but my FPS dropped to less than one. Since I have some softwares to...

Jun 8, 2022
  21. Swamarian replied to the thread Up-Votes Needed WARNING: brutal memory leak on USPC.

What the hey. I wandered around various open worlds, monitoring memory with task manager, and memory consistently went up, until the game...

Jun 8, 2022
  22. Swamarian replied to the thread Middle of an instance.

I got numbers! They're not necessarily very accurate, but they're numbers. I wandered around the various open worlds until I crashed....

Jun 7, 2022
  23. Swamarian replied to the thread Middle of an instance.

(Note: I haven't played in 5 months) I haven't had the game crash hardly at all, even when I was trying to play catch up on feats, and...

Jun 7, 2022