Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

I could see that.

Arkillo t-bag....

**shudder**
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

:eek:
  3. Little Sister New Player

I'm going to have nightmares now lol
  4. Itazuki New Player

I get why they can't put Green in the game because DC doesn't want it.

Just it makes no sense then why you can have "Gold" which looks just like Yellow.

Can't you just put another color like Emerald or something and have it used as the green aura?

Yellow lanterns are part of their lore too.... that's the only part I don't get.

Or can you guys give us a "Lime" colored aura for my Nature character ^^?
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm never going to be able to hear him yell, "For Sinestro!" again without thinking of that image, thank you very much. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  6. indee2025 New Player

I don't usually tea bag villains...but when I do...I wear my superman branded T3 armor. Stay classy San Diego.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Ultimate Warrior Well-Known Player

This is the greatest thing that has ever been posted on the boards by the Gods of the DEVs!
    • Like x 1
  8. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Agreed. Mepps can own when he wants to, as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. TrueMarvel New Player

Mepps has by far the most likes on the forum. The man gets likes for posting 3 word sentences
    • Like x 2
  10. Darkness New Player

Gold isn't exactly yellow.

Or maybe they only care about GLs property and not the YLs. lol
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Does anyone remember the final season of the Justice League Unlimited cartoon when Warner would not allow the producers to use Aquaman or Black Manta? Instead the producers had to create a knock-off character called Devil Ray. All of that was done because The CW had an Aquaman show they wanted to do; a show that never made it past pilot (which was never even aired).

Of course, then there is the more infamous Bat-embargo : http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo

This kind of copyright thing isn't new for Warner. They often make some strange decisions in the name of copyright issues.
    • Like x 1
  12. TrueMarvel New Player

To Deadmeat:
    A way to by pass the IP problems.

Make a "Green" aura and call it Emerald.
    • Like x 1
  13. Itazuki New Player

That's what I'm thinking, they don't care how the bad guys get portrayed lol.
  14. stl4now Well-Known Player

I doubt that.
  15. Laff Riot New Player

Thank you DeadMeat for finally coming out and saying what I knew was right. I posted what Mepps said a long time ago but people would not listen. And again like you said its a licensing issue with DC. Which we knew as well because I know one of you devs came out and said so before. I plan to bookmark this thread to use it for the next thread on this topic to show that DC is the ones stopping SOE from using the green auras and if the players have an issue, take it up with DC/WB and not to bash or blame the devs.
  16. Itazuki New Player

I want a Lime one for my Nature healer!

Emerald works too though.
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

Hello Deadmeat
    A Way to bypass the green aura IP issue

Make a "Green Aura"
    Call it Emerald
    Your welcome! I'm so helpful!!!
  18. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

I had to sign in just to thumbs up this! Thanks DM!
  19. AIpha New Player

I just thought of something that kinda puts a hole in this explination. Whats keeping me from teabagging people as Hal Jordan? Isn't teabagging with Hal Jordan worse than teabagging as xX Child Crusher Xx?
    • Like x 1
  20. Comixfan Committed Player

If you truly believe it would be so easy, you clearly have absolutely no understanding of IP.