Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Flair Well-Known Player

The thing that makes me laugh is that there are so many other possible character types that could have a green aura. Nature-based toons. Poison-based toon. Magic-based toons. Toxic-based toons. Radiation-based toons. If they were smart, they could have even given us an "Emerald Aura" with the St. Patty's day event.
    P.S. How about aura with effects? Like pulsing auras or flaming auras.
    • Like x 1
  2. Laff Riot New Player

Ok I decided to do some searching for you guys since people dont want to dig through the archives. I will find the post stating exactly why but here is a screen shot of what Mepps said.

[IMG]
  3. Death Throe New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Vanderson Alves New Player

5. Laff Riot New Player

This is all I see when these threads pop up. lol

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Kurokei Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Oh if it were only real. One can dream can't they?

I feel that the million lantern argument is nonsense. As not every person who plays this game is a Green Lantern fan. I know at least one person who actually hates the franchise.
  7. Dominic Omega New Player

[IMG]

Ok so that post says there isnt a green aura yet looking at this pic right under GOLD it says something......hmmmmm. the fact comes to that they dont want it released ether the drvs or Dc its self.
  8. Laff Riot New Player

And that is a DEVS account. This means that DC is most likely telling SOE that it can NOT be released. Mepps said it was NOT in game because it is NOT in game. That is the dev servers right there. Not the normal game servers. Dear god people you want me to find more of Mepps and the devs stating that its not in game? I just dug through 8 of the 46 pages of threads to find you what Mepps STATED!
    • Like x 1
  9. Kurokei Well-Known Player

This concept art suggest that they were, at least, considering putting lantern style iconic battle gear in the game. But was, I'm guessing, scraped.
    [IMG]
  10. cravex15 Dedicated Player

lol. really? its just a color. and its only on a video game? LOL! Its not like music infringement where it will get aired on TV or played on the radio all over the world. The only people who care are us.
    LOL Silly....
  11. Kurokei Well-Known Player

This is just like the issue players had with no Saiyans in Dragon Ball Online. Only that was put to rest when everybody found out that the human characters Saiyan descendant and could go Super Saiyan with a wish from Shenlong. But here just getting the power through exobytes isn't going to be enough for some. If the Green Lantern license is an issue, why do we even have access to the powers to begin with? I can understand having limitations on styles with both Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. But the Lanterns? There's like a googleplex and one of each faction. So if players were taking on that role with iconic gear and aura, I don't think they would be one particular well-known character. Still, like I said before, I don't believe that the game would be dominated by lanterns. As I don't believe that everybody playing like the series. Keep in mind that you have six ways to look like Superman, including the Steel suit. With one at least for Batman Wonder Woman, Flash, Robin, and Captain Marvel/Black Adam.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Ultimate Warrior Well-Known Player

All the green auras have been stolen by the ninjas of the raids and of the alerts and of the duos of the DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  13. MARK2099 New Player

Not scraped at all, the head style is very similar to sector agent/incendiary same some of the gear in the art style are similar to drops from FFLT alerts.

I think devs already say they cannot put the green aura in the game, maybe do a dark green aura should be a perfect solution for all those heroes who want to use an aura for their HL toons, or turn on fade option and somehow allow players to glow green for moments lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

We are not able to add a green aura to the game due to license constraints. If this changes we will certainly let you know. I believe it has been made abundantly clear that you would like one. Not that I don't mind reading this thread every month or so. Each one has its own special charm. ;)

DeadMeat
    • Like x 27
  15. CCBatson Dedicated Player

DeadMeat, if not the auras, what about Iconic armors based on the lantern corps? I won't pretend to know the intricacies of copyright law, but since DC gave SOE access to most of their stable, what *can* you guys offer as options?
  16. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

In much the same way that we have other iconic armors, we may someday have Lantern themed ones. We just don't have any currently in the game.

DeadMeat
    • Like x 7
  17. Darkness New Player

This should be screen capped and placed on everyone's sig.
    • Like x 2
  18. TrueMarvel New Player

If DCUO can't have it, then why is DC letting Injustice: Gods amoung us get the good stuff
    Favoritism I say! Favortism!
    • Like x 2
  19. Ilunis Dedicated Player

On it.
  20. Sionn Committed Player

Then you might need to remove the gold aura, since we can make passable yellow lanterns with it. It's pretty close, actually.
    • Like x 1