help with electric heals

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Largand DARK, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Largand DARK New Player

I have switched from nature healing to try electric and I've gone from being pretty beast to being shocking ( sorry for the puns ) anyone out there with some tips or a link to a good guide ?I wanna give it a chance before I switch back thanks.
  2. Minrev New Player

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/fighters-guide-to-electric-healing.2970/

There is a guide to healing with electric and i suggest the basic loadout Bio Capacitor, galvanize, bio-surge, invigorate, ionic drain and electrogensis.

Some Tips from my experience:
    1. Dont overuse galvanize its more of a oh snap burst heal than a raid heal if you need to heal the raid use ionic drain after topping the lowest members of the raid off with some single target heals.
    2. you can clip everything except for invigorate and ionic drain in the basic loadout one clip combo is bio surge to bio capatior to bio surge to ionic drain (uses alot of power but will save the tank and others through the hard hits then top the raid off) i normally finish most if not all my single target heals or galvanize off with ionic drain. also clip electrogensis with a single target heal.
    3. its really easy to burn through a power bar as a electric try to manage it.
    4. try to keep electrogensis on the tank or a melee if you can if not just cast it clip and move on when things are hectic just having a moving aoe heal is beneficial.
    5. block to cancel ionic drain if you end up casting it in a bad place.

Hope this helps
  3. compasionate grenade Committed Player

for everything under t2 and under=surge, electro gen, galv, bio cap, ionic drain, invig

t3 and above = surge, hard light shield (dom scaled), galv, bio cap, flux(resto scaled), invig.

Every heal class is different style . U went from nature which is long range, gradual heal to electric limit range spike heals.
  4. AIpha New Player

I'm sorry as a healer in PvE you should NEVER have a self shield. Why does your loadout lose healing powers as the content gets harder? You should be healing more as content gets harder and need to keep ALL your heals. Secondly HL Shield AND Flux both scale with Dom AND Resto but thats another discussion.
    • Like x 2
  5. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Surge, hl shield, gal, bio cap, flux and invig is my A-Game lo. I don't take baby heals or long casting heals with me in high end content because im runing fast paced hard hitting raids where adds can wipe a team and boss 1 shots.

Shield is scaled http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo...time-03-12-13-game-update-24.4963/#post-59936 from update

Im a noop, and cant really multi task. I find concentrating only on 4 specific powers and eyeballing teams health while my own and factoring the current battle with adds and boss in front of me enough to make my lo mando for team survivability.

Again i disclaim that i am noop :D
  6. blklightning New Player

The very first thing you must come to terms with is that you will not put out the heal numbers that you did as nature. Equally powered, you'll put out just more than half of what a nat/sorc healer can do. What you gain though is the spike heals that can almost completely fill a bar.

My loadout is constanly changing based upon the particular content. Sometimes I have HL shield (less SP to get than Flux), which allows me to revive a ko'd team mate w/o worry of a one-shot to me. Generally this is how I work:

Surge/Arc Lightning - Bio Cap - EG - Ionic Drain - Galv - Invigorate/HL Shield

In boss fights like Eclipso, I drop Galv and replace it w/ AL. Galv is just a weak heall when everyone is spread out like that and it's a bad bad bad idea to get in range of others (purple auras). The trick is to anticipate when major damage is about to be dealt and immediately cast Ionic Drain. That will get you the slow start and then the massive boost right after the damage is taken by the team. In other raids, where spacing is better, I tend to clip Galvanize w/ Ionic Drain. AL is just a great heal that works to getting health to people near the enemies. It can be a bit unreliable as to who gets healed though. Then there's using PI healing Wired as a setup for Electrostatic Burst. Personally, I only find it useful in duos and solos. I haven't been able to be consistent with it in a larger group w/ more adds and what not.

Also, don't listen to what they tell you about Electric healing being power hungry. I'm very efficient on my power use, but it does require knowing just how far you can let someone's health go before putting out that heal to them. And... use your weapon combos in between casts. And... if you're in a raid w/ another electric healer... stay away from each other. You can end up casting EG on each other rather than other team mates. One of you can be ranged and the other melee or something.

Get used to relying on the battery part of Bio Capacitor. In some content... wait for it to spike before recasting. In harder content, you'll notice health bars drop and spike real quick. That's the battery kicking in. Be sure to recast to get another battery on that person and a few others. It's a great way to keep people alive in a wierd sorta way.

Speaking of melee... get used to being in the group for healing now. Ranged is not the recommended play style for elec, due to proximity requirements. Either in between ranged and melee, or right up in the fray (if the content poses no real risk).

Speaking of range...

Bio Surge/Cap = heal anywhere in line of sight
    EG = places aura on you and next closest ally (not necessarily team member when in open world content)
    AL = well, hard to describe (heals allies, not just team mates)
    EB = very close range, but offers small HoT (allies, not just team mates)
    Ionic Drain = Heals all team members who are in line of sight
    Galvanize = Heals all allies w/in range of wave
  7. YodaDog New Player

Not true.
  8. blklightning New Player

Sorry, I should have put context to that. I was referring to when in a raid w/ another healer of those powers. There's simply no competition for sorcery's heals (in many situations) when it comes to numbers. My Power In is always commensurate to my healing out in proportion to the other powersets. I used to think that I was just not doing it right, until I ran Veng/Gates w/ another elec healer. Then, I saw that our numbers were very close.
  9. ISO-Muay-Thai New Player

I can clearly say that from being sorcery to electric to sorcery, Electric IS NOT POWER HUNGRY , I will be going back electric in a few. I went sorcery for pvp to try out DPS and then branch into using it for PVE , I can tell you that sorcery is the POWER HUNGRY, Sorcery eats power like no other and I hate it. Electric healing is just wonderful, it's like a calm relaxing state of flowing current with security. electric is second best after nature imo sorry sorcerer's.
  10. YodaDog New Player

Im sorry. Im not trying to contentious here. But Ive run a million raids with a million elecs, a million sorc's and a million natures and that is just simply not true. The healing classes boast some of the most balance in the game and it has everything to do with the player, very little to do with the powerset.

I do, however, agree with most of your other advice for the OP. No disrespect, brother.
  11. Minrev New Player

t3 and above wise.....WTF mate this makes no sense for a healer.
    1. biggest flaw how do you heal the raid in line of site galv cant not do it your single target heals will burn to much power to fast to keep up with the raid.

2. personal shields is like a screw you imo to the raid come on.

3. healers are not the main picker uppers dps are the main picker uppers followed by trolls then heal then tank so because of that you dont need to bring a personal shield to rez cuz if you stop healing and the other healer is dead or just plain sucks the raid ends up suffering a lack of heals during that time needed to rez.

4. in a alert this loadout sounds viable but i feel its the best to stick with teh basic heal loadout or if you really want to switch run wired and electroburst in place of your shields or better yet just replace one shield with wired and keep one for an alert. Raid wise that loadout makes no sense
  12. blklightning New Player

No disrespect taken. I admit freely that I still have a lot of practice and learning to do.
  13. Minrev New Player

from my experenice ive found sorc the best power management because of the plenty of fire and forgets like watcher soul well circle transcendence. Thou i do agree most sorc healers i meet these days do nothing but spam rejuv or invo and end up overhealing almost all the time creating the feel that is the most power hungry. Electric may be the easiest to manage power but i feel it the most power hungry as your only real fire and forget is electrogensis the rest you must activate and then there done causing you to need more power.
  14. ISO-Muay-Thai New Player

SW just don't heal much for me even with all three up and ruining and circle don't last long at all, also the watcher eats up his own power in three heals and then he just beam away but hey that is just what I have been dealing with. Maybe because lately I have been healing people that are in pvp gear in raids or with low pve gear forcing me to heal spam and making me think my heals suck... yeah that's it oh and the fact i'm not getting blue and relying on soda. But SW, Watcher and Circle needs some work.
  15. BrotherMutant New Player

Very good info in this person's post. Elec healing is one of my three main toons I play these days. As to the highlighted portions above,
    -If you find yourself up and in it, arc lightning is def better than surge as you can heal so many more people (even if they only needed minor healing, its nice to top them up).
    -TOTALLY agree on the power hungry nature of this being over exagerated. Its not like Nature healing (from what I hear) as you just set and forget in most cases.
    -The "knowing" how far you can push letting someone take damage is scary, for you and the injured teammate. But do get an idea of how much they can take it SMALL fights so those safety net heals (you get two with capacitor and the SC Invigorate) fire off saving you on power used. I kind of like it more and more lately as it encourages the team to block more I feel.
    -Last point, Electro genesis fires off and puts that aura on you and the other on odd things (like your or another teammate's pet, an NPC that is helping-IIRC). So be real careful about who is near you when you fire that one off.

Finally, I would just like to say: Welcome to electric healing brother. Hope you enjoy it as much as I always do.
    • Like x 1
  16. BrotherMutant New Player

Don't forget that Galv does (and so does the PI Electroburst healing) have the LAME HoT. Also, Galv's HoT while quite lame does last a decent amount of time. IF I know my troller(s) are supplying me with power, I will often use Galv along with Genesis pre-big fight to get that lame HoT and decent HoT to work together. I know its a waste for the HUGE heal that isn't being used, but I like seeing the teams health go down slowly instead of HUGE spikes that need my immediate attention.

I know its just my playstyle, but it works for me and my teams very well. Never tried Electroburst with PI healing seriously before but it can put out some decent heals to anyone near you and your target. So if you find yourself being more of a melee healer, give it and or Arc Lightning a try and tell us what you think.
  17. Talve Dedicated Player

I always run with at least 1 (usually flux).
    Iconic drain is most of the times pretty useless.
    Its only amazing when:
    1. Your trollers have no idea what they are doing and you have to pretty much heal without power.2
    2. Your doing easy content as solo heal.
    3. Your sitting on full power and want do dump it for preemptive heals.

Other than that people are usually stacked up enough for Galv to be more beneficial and in higher tier raids, like he mentioned himself, waiting for ever for a group heal is not really optimal.

Main 4 has always been same for elec healer.
    Surge/Cap/Invig/Galv.

With other 2 you can do what ever you like.

Having a shield gives you access to couple of things.

1. If your teammate goes down (and your running 2 heals, which with current gear / content is overkill), healer can be the one to pick him up so power would still be pumping and dps going on.
    2. Having a shield on gives you ability to heal without having to worry about blocking. So if those 1 hit powers are going on and party is for what ever reason low, instead of bursting them up and dying yourself or hoping they can survive while you block, you can just shield and keep healing.

Running 2 shields is yes, a little overkill. I prefer to run with genesis and flux.
    But if instead of panic mode he actually keeps healing because of 2 shields, sure, let him use 2.
    • Like x 1
  18. ISO-Muay-Thai New Player

I'm going back electric heals, it's relaxing.
  19. AIpha New Player

20. Minrev New Player

With soul well up when something dies it puts out a heal about the size of a rejuv