Mental dps pve guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Note Worthy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Note Worthy New Player

check it out, and tell me what you think.
  2. CTEN Well-Known Player

Looks more like whirling DPS, not Mental DPS.
    • Like x 6
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

i'm actually more impressed with the damage on 2 handed didnt know it had a tap x2 hold that hit that hard lol
    but ya it worked some good numbers there
    that seems like insane power usage which is why you used speed drain im guessing
  4. Zypher New Player

Yeah, gotta admit I'm tired of seeing everyone use whirling dervish across all the powers.. its as lame as clownbox but it does good damage and everyone's using it so I guess it is what it is.
  5. Sylar-Man New Player

I'm impressed with the numbers you were putting up and are happy that you were willing to share your loadout and rotation but this isn't really a guide its just a loadout and roation.
  6. Note Worthy New Player

well thats why i said i couldnt use on dummies it consumes a lot of power, but in an average raid group it wont strain the trollers so its fine
  7. Aiden Warren New Player

and

skip to 16:30

link to guide is on my channel

trying to find whirling power on youtube cant find it.
  8. Note Worthy New Player

whirling power is only for superspeed class if you are flight this loadout can be used but you would have to replace the whirl with another power i would suggest a defib so you would get the boost of might and prec and use its cd to cancel mt. So, for flight i would use defib,venom,mt,shock,menace,and the sc of your choice. i prefer sd so that i can help group regain power
  9. Aiden Warren New Player

Note Worthy you know Vacuum Bubble?
  10. thoughtpatern New Player

Using venom after menace is pretty in teresting. Too bad WD is probably gonna be fixed to what it was before hand( or is it? All ready had a few hot fix and nothing. )
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Kinda seems like you could have just put this in Femtos guide seeing as it really isnt a guide at all but more of a specific loadout and rotation that works for you
  12. Note Worthy New Player

I do but i like a fast acting loadout so something like defib wiould not only help group but also cancel cds of powers like shock or mt
  13. Note Worthy New Player

never heard of it but this is just a basic idea of what a mental dps should do in a raid it can be changed or remade into w/e you feel is comfortable
  14. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

even if they fix dervish (back to what it was) you can still clip it with menace like powers
    fiery weapon / wired / weapon o destiny / ice bash / intim
    those kind of things
  15. La Chupacabra New Player

...and consumables, and phase dodge, it's a power with very large clip potential, and anyone that just looks over it can't math. Though it seems to be the whip cream on everyone's Sunday for the time being, and well, who can blame them.

And to the both Aiden and Note Worthy, not to flame, but I insist you keep in mind what the S in DPS stands for, and neither of those videos are of any benefit to the community.
  16. Lokkii Committed Player

Is WD not the most used power for DPS atm, no particular FoTM power, just movement mode.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Exactly what I was thinking. The way I approach and look at damaging is how well I can overlap my white and yellow numbers. This loadout is just yellow numbers basically with very little overlap.

Just thoughts but a few problems I see is A) you use a power after a power that can't clip. B) you're using menace after a 45% instead of a 50%.

Remember Menace hits like psychic shock but 4 times! it's the priority on the 50% modifier. Also when you use power->power you can increase your DPS by tossing in a clip there. With 2h i'd probably just HOld Hold and clip the second one. It'd add like .5s to the rotation but add 2 hits of white damage.

Overall what I'd do with this loadout is WD/MT/Menace ->weapon combo clip to PS/NV. Really no need to cram it in between combos. Like I said you're adding a fraction of a second to do the Hold Hold clip, getting a 50%er on menace and then you get to clip PS and MT by doing Menace and NV one for each of them.
  18. Note Worthy New Player

This guide was made to get the most amount of damage in least amount of time. However i did test your method before making this method and found it to be effective just not as effective. shock has longest cast time so using menace to end it not only sped up dps but around the next time you use whirl and mt the menace tic will kick in and will show 1k+ crits on multiple targets
  19. FeelsGood New Player

2 Hand video :D most important thing to me
  20. TrueMarvel New Player

I'm more impressed with the crits im seeing on that beast 2hand. I have never seen a 2000+ weapon crit in my life.(got close with pre-nerf 1handed). But yea, I saw a lot of WD