PvP Counters Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Zizzi, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent Ahri Well-Known Player

At first when I read this I thought no **** Sherlock that's how the game works, but then after reading some posts I figured out you were talking about successful block breakers not just block breakers in general ( your 8 down votes are probably misunderstandings). Yea, anyways I think these bugs are caused by the immunity system that was put in place sometime ago. In duels this will occur 1-3 times and in legends it really bugs out to the point of players getting god mode.
  2. Zizzi New Player

Sorry if my post wasn't clear heh.
    I'm not sure if this applies to "successful" block breakers, but I know for a fact that it happens after completing "unsuccessful" block breakers. I noticed it first in Legends, but then found that it also carries over into Arenas. Pretty much means that blockbreakers are extremely risky to even attempt, because if you miss then even after you start doing another attack you can still be lunged. Messes up the whole RPS PvP counter mechanics.

1. Perform blockbreaker
    2. Have a friend lunge you after you complete your blockbreaker attack/animation.
    3. Still get knocked down and give up an immunity, despite having already finished the blockbreaker. You can even block or start doing another attack and you can still be lunged.
  3. Volaron New Player

We have a lot of awesome stuff coming to pvp soon. Can we get confirmation if fixes for these are in the near future?
    • Like x 1
  4. Agent Ahri Well-Known Player

The 2 second punishment window after failing a block breaker is intentional.
  5. Zizzi New Player

See I've heard people say that, but I don't know if that is true or not. I can't block break someone 2 seconds after they have finished blocking. I can't block someone 2 seconds after they have lunged me. It seems this is the only one that is out of place.

Regardless if this is intentional or not, I'd love a Dev to come in here and say whether or not it is intended/being looked at.
    • Like x 2
  6. Agent Ahri Well-Known Player

I believe we are thinking about two different things, it's just that there is a language barrier.
  7. Aqua New Player

With all the changes coming to pvp, this is definitely the next task the devs need to tackle, block breakers get the least reward and the most punishment.
    • Like x 1
  8. vikingkid New Player

Agent, i think you are correct. The 2 second block break window is intentional. They added the window so that people who clip their BBs are still vulnerable. A window on blocking/interrupts defeats the purpose, clipped interrupts can still be countered, and blocking is not concealable. But, if there was no window on the BB, they would never be countered and you could use them as often as you wanted with no fear of punishment.

The issue being discussed in this thread is how those windows are not functioning properly. Sometimes they are 2 seconds, some times more, sometimes less. While 2 seconds may be slightly too long, that is another discussion. A discussion to be had once we figure out how long the window is actually supposed to be, which can only be known when the bugs are fixed. As has been stated, and reinforced numerous times, the immunity system, counter windows and breakouts are not functioning properly and those are the bugs we would like fixed. Feedback from the developers about whether or not these issues are being/going to be addressed would go a very long way in easing the minds of the community.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

But some weapons have longer counter windows than others. Example, brawling vs dual pistols, which one can be lunged at after 2 seconds and still get interrupted?
  10. Woodler New Player

Yes, fix this
    Please
  11. surge914 New Player

Wow great video. This is exactly what I see when PvPing.
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

My favorite is the double counter, when both players get punished for counters simultanously o_O...
    • Like x 2
  13. TheForsakenEvil Well-Known Player

Goes to show just how faulty the immunity system is XD
  14. Amazon Committed Player

Still no answer seriously why is this not at top of the list a cutscene stoping POT is not really a game breaking issue but this is!
  15. Amazon Committed Player

Viking is right the point of this thread is that the current system is nt working as intended in fact it is completely broken.
  16. Amazon Committed Player

are we able to get answer on this? I just spent the whole morning fighting the rubbish timing and break out bugs more thsn my opponents it was ridiculous and so frustrating, why are you all staying silent on this? It's the worst game breaking bug you currently have and yet no updates, it was so bad and today half the time I couldn't even break out period. Really bad experience. Pease let's us know if GU25 will address the issue.
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  18. God Mode New Player

this is exactly what has been happening to me also. and everyone else. please devs remove the immune system fix the error coding. keep it original dc days. and everything will be balanced. thanks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Amazon Committed Player

Another issue ive noticed...but when you actually get Block Broken ( or knocked over) and get back up and hold block, the animation applies but not the block, this takes another .5 -1 second, which is why a brawling combo can complete and juggle you despite holding block, and despite immunity from breaking out you can be re-stunnned. -_-
    • Like x 1
  20. Lamar New Player

If you play legends the failed bb counter windown for batman and robin is really short if seems like less then 1 second maybe, but joker and nightwing have the longest window, they can be 2-3 hits in their combo and get smashed from their failed bb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.