Highest DPS class atm?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aggronator, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snix Dedicated Player

Stop sleeping on Nature please. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

I'm 'HARD-LIGHT' Dps, i fairly find it balanced and flawless for PvE... i just hitted 265k - 270k on 'Star Labs Research Alert' like 2 hrs ago... but still very powerful, only if you know how to use, you know what i mean.
  3. Matthew1237 New Player

Do you think now with the rework that Ice is leading in terms of Tanking powersets? I'm thinking its a toss up between Earth and Ice but I don't know whos winning in regards to both specs in pvp and pve
  4. D4rkwond3r New Player

I did not claim to be the best but i do claim that i havent been out dpsed for a very very long time with my new gadgets spec. Ask any villain in USPC and you will find your answer. Simple as That. I dont need to argue or whatever. All powers are fun and can make miracles in good hands.
  5. dark luster New Player

All powers are good it all depends on rotation of powers n the player behing the remote I personally dont like hl but theres some vary good hl dps so like I said its the player that plays that power that makes it be vary good
  6. Spicoli New Player

7. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I don't know if you guys are trolling about ice or what.

Ice has always been good, but across the board, so is mental, gadgets, HL, fire, earth, and nature(only in prime). This update for ice really was a bug fix.

That being said Gadgets should be considered #1 because it is the most versatile set across the board(pve/pvp trolling/dps), and is basically tied with HL as HL is the PvE class of dreams(it has situational damage moves for every situation), but I will give it the #2 rank because it is not good in PvP. Every other power set comes in a close if not identical 3rd place. Sure HL is the easiest to do damage with, but if you put in a little extra work, and know the content, the rest of the powersets will put up basically the exact same damage.

Just to be clear I am saying that gadgets can be considered the top because of its ability to perform in PvP, and HL can be considered the top notch PvE class because it has the ability to perform in so many situations, in most cases easier than other power sets, but at the end of the day all the other non DoT based power sets will pretty much do the exact same damage.
  8. PhilTheWind Well-Known Player

As some other persons said. The power use of the dps comes into the maths here.

As a troller that can solo troll everything (high vit + 2years experiences with the same power) I can clearly see the difference between good dps and powerhungrymofo.

At the end of each raid I check the scoreboard. And check the power used by the dps. If the first dps has lets say 1mil damage and the 2nd has 900k but that the 2nd dps used half the power of the first one I will personaly thank the 2nd dps for use good dps/power ratio. I won't tell the 1st dps he suck. Coz I can manage with a 2nd troller to keep up with those powerhungry dps.

But. As far as I'm concern and I am since I give the darn power so you guys can dps. The ratio of dps/power is quite important in my book.

More on topic. I've seen beast Mental/HL/Gadgets/Electric dps r4p3 the scoreboard. So its a matter of lots of different factors.

Thank you have a good day!
    • Like x 3
  9. Aggronator New Player

So the last few weeks out of all the raiding and pvp ive done i gotta say...

1. hardlight/gadgets
    2. mental
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. I thought they nerfed Mental into the ground. What changed? Was making Menace clip beneficial all it took? OR...did it just take that long for people to realize that Mental is a great power when used correctly. (Listen up FIRE).

EDIT: Somehow ICE users figured that out already.
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

Post GU24 and 23
    1a. Hardlight
    1b. Gadgets
    2. Earth/Ice
    3. Fire/Sorc/Nature/Mental/Lightning
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Once the initial nerfing backlash settled down the majority of complaints from mental was about the TK tree sucking, not that they couldn't find a decent loadout.

As for ice... i like ice hehe
  13. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Top Tier: Fire, Hard-Light, Gadgets
    Mid-Tier: Electricity, Sorcery, Nature
    Bottom Tier: Ice, Earth, Mental
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

Outdated
    • Like x 4
  15. OMAAR New Player

What I have personally seen is HL, Ice, Earth and Gadgets. They are all equal and the top of the scoreboard is determined by who dies the least. Earth being extremely power efficient.
    What I personally think need a buff: Sorcery, Electricity and Nature.
    What I haven't raided with: Mental and new fire.
  16. Aggronator New Player

I switched to mental weeks ago..and im loving it. With ALOT of testing, respecing ...and reading Femto's Mental guide- http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-mental-breakdown-v2.87/

With the right loadout/weapon mental is still VERY good. I usually come in 1st or 2nd place on the damage charts...but its usually neck to neck with a GOOD gadgets/HL player.

Main thing is im having a ******* BLAST with mental!!
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

Outdated by at least 7 months I must add.
  18. xInstantKillax New Player

I recently switched from fire dps to mental because of the constant interruptions between (fire burst and mass detonation) so if there's any experienced mental dps with a amazing loadout..please share? please don't include (mass levitation and something bolt) thank you :)
  19. Ogat New Player

That's due to not doing anything while aftershocking. Mostly :p Also most cases an Earth player has the second highest prec out of all the dps classes, meaning his waepon combos hit like a truck ;p
    • Like x 1
  20. Scorpion Well-Known Player

Top tier is pretty up to date only because fire is super glitched rite now but im sure when the devs finally figure it out it will get nerfed. Earth and Ice should be mid tier dropping nature and scorcery.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.