Whirling Dervish Fix

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ENLIGHTEND1, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiLL ORDER New Player

No True marvel.....stop trying to make this game vanilla. We don't need every movement and power set offering the same thing. Makes the game very boring. I can top any power set in damage without the crutch of WD toons will just have to start LEARNING their power sets. I also take less damage, die less, and have more success full raids then do the melee WD spammers. Just wait until T5 comes out. All these WD melee dudes will start changing their tune.
  2. TrueMarvel New Player

I prefer balance. Boring is subjective. But balance is fact,
  3. KiLL ORDER New Player

Lol ....wow that was a quick response. Do you live on these forums?? It will never truly be "balanced" btw. So good luck in your endeavors.
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

Don't live on the forums... Your response was pretty quick too. DO YOU LIVE ON THE FORUMS?!
    *just so you realise how stupid your question was*
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not sure what they were like before. And I was under the impression that WD was fixed at some point but then it was turned back into what it is now? Maybe I'm wrong. (only started after battle for earth DLC).

Either way something needs to be added to both flight and acro imo. I like that WD adds power consumption because trollers actually have room to give more power for most powersets (HL/Gadget might be the exception).

Whirlwind for Flight is basically WD without the blockable or clippable attributes.

For Acro, /shrug they don't have a sustained effect ability so maybe just having throwing knives or backflip/frontflip or something made so you can clip with it would be good.

Fact is with WD i get up to an extra like 1-2k damage every 5s (if all crits and all land). 10 ticks of ~100damage in an area around me. I've seen people say it's inefficient, I have to disagree. It's not some absurd amount of power and you're getting 1k+ damage.

1k damage is the equivalent of Psychic Shock/Gauss/Frost Snipe critting. So uncrit WD = CRIT of a burst damage power.

I just really don't think it's as trivial as some are saying. I don't want to see it nerfed either though I think it's neat and makes the playstyle more intesting. I think adding Acro/Flight counterparts would keep things interesting.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dump Truck New Player

The point I am trying to make here is that nobody has an issue with whirling dervish. It is not hurting anyone.
    This issue lies in that...
    A. other movement modes have lost significant damage potential to their movement powers over time and/or the ability to clip their movement powers (flight comes to mind there)
    B. players moan and get upset when their name is not on top of the leaderboard.

This entire thread stems from one of those two issues.
    There are two arguements that can stem from it towards a resolution.
    1. Nerf it
    2. Empower our movement abilities

It is sad, but it seems most of the people posting here would rather nerf it.
    • Like x 1
  7. KiLL ORDER New Player

You are the one with 956 message to my 20.....so lets see who should really ask that question bra
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

So you are better than every single player by so much that an extra 1k+ damage every 5s wouldn't help anyone else beat you. Full of yourself much?

No one said you have to have things the same, but balancing it so that each movement mode has a clipping power for extra damage is what is needed and that would add flavor.
  9. KiLL ORDER New Player

I disagree completely. There are many ways to get around and out damage WD players. It is not the only solution to top charts so it should not be so heavily considered to either one of your options. Its only a "easy button" crutch that gets more unexperienced dps toons one-shotted more than anything.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

I just asked you. and dont call me female undergarments. rude much
  11. Dump Truck New Player

This game must be more challenging for you than it is everyone else then.
  12. KiLL ORDER New Player

LOL You can clip with powers within each powerset. And that 1K damage matters not if the toon is dead. Your post tells me that you have no clue about dps.
  13. TrueMarvel New Player

Don't Feed The Troll.
  14. KiLL ORDER New Player

Come again? I think that dysentery has affected your mind. That made absolutely no sense.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

16. KiLL ORDER New Player

GL luck crying about WD. I have seen enough. Your efforts are wasted.
  17. Dump Truck New Player

I love WD, for me when I switched from acro about a year and a half ago it opened up a whole new playstyle for fire that I think most fire DPS's are now running - that being instant cast dot stacking/clipping. I would hate to see it nerfed. I would prefer it the other movements had some of their former glory restored. Sadly, that's not how the nerf brigade here on the forums works.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dump Truck New Player

Of course it did. You're the one talking about inexperienced toons getting one-shotted because of using WD. I'm sure you are not speaking about others - Who logs on with such fervor and defense for the concern for others? It just doesn't happen. It's all about you. I was just sending you my sympathy for being so terrible at this game that you're getting one-shotted when we all know this entire game is not difficult.

I can't remember the last time I was one-shotted in anything relating to DCUO. Inexperienced toons are inexperienced toons. I doubt WD (or any power) is the reason they were one-shotted - and if you were one-shotted because someone used WD on you, well then that's just funny.
    • Like x 1
  19. DG-MOD-17 New Player

We are locking this down now as the thread has derailed again. When further information is needed, we will reopen the thread.

Please remember that the Arkham Asylum sub-forum is for discussion on how to reproduce bugs only. Thank you.

Closing thread.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.