The evolution of dps - burst vs DoT

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jim Dandy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. JessTier New Player

As I keep saying, I don't care if you put out big numbers guys, just as long as we get the job done without wiping constantly I'm happy, I keep giving power if you keep knocking down those bad guys :D. If the healer is healing, The Tank is holding Aggro, and the DPS are doing thier thing I'll keep trying to do my thing the best I can.

If we have a weaker team mate in our group, I'll try to support them how ever I can. A mediocre player won't become great unless they actually get a proper chance to refine the needed skills. Yes you can practice clipping until your blue in the face against a target dummy, but against actual targets, it's also about positioning, power conserving if you realise that you're cutting off vital heals, knowing how your powers interact with your group, etc...

The main thing is to adapt to where and what you're dealing with and still be great... If you can do that, you'll be a legend in the game... If you can do that, AND be patient with your fellow players who are still learning the alerts or raids... You become a GOD. remember, we're all here to have FUN it's called a GAME for a reason, so let's try and treat it like one. Have fun, support each other and lets try and quit the whining as it's counter productive.
    • Like x 1
  2. Darkness New Player

Who keeps their T2 armors? :confused:

Being premium and having limited inventory sucks. :(
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

No one, but you can buy a whole set for almost nothing
  4. Darkness New Player

I know, I was just playing around. :D
  5. Zim New Player

For obvious reasons... back on the ignore.
    • Like x 3
  6. Bastid New Player

Who in their right mind is going to go out and put on an old set of T2 gear to see how well they can DPS FOS2?
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

title of thread would be more appropriately named: "the DE-Evolution" of dps.:rolleyes:
  8. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Probably no one but it would prove my point that being over geared for content is the only reason people think gadgets its so great. See how much damage gadgets does when they have to empty their whole powerbar just to burn 1 assassin while i'm destroying 5 or 6 adds at a time for the same amount of power.
  9. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Yea, when T5 content is released maybe, and that a major maybe, Fire will be worth more than nothing. Right now your sustained damage is worth two dead flies. Fire DPSers are third place finishers, at best.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

No, you just stink at fire.
    • Like x 3
  11. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

You're weak sauce, Gotcha. You don't know how successful I am or am not. Fire is weak and you're all in denial. Worthless sacks...
  12. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

LOL... This guy! How about no!
  13. Dump Truck New Player

Flint, give it up. You've been complaining since the update that fire stinks. We run the same loadout (as do many others in this thread) yet we seem to keep up with gadgets and light powers just fine. Maybe, it's you!
  14. Minrev New Player

Its always the player over the power not the power over the player if you blame it on your power you should look at your rotation or loadout not blame your power.
    as for burst vs dot right now it leans toward burst but DoT is still highly effective.
  15. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Keeping up is still losing last I checked. I have not seen a single Fire DPS on top since revamp. Not one in any tiered content. I have personally destroyed geared Flamers by hundreds of thousands now as Gadgets. You see, my dear Dump, It's not enough to keep up. I only want to win. They've ruined my once beloved Fire and you're congratulating them for it. Makes me sick.
  16. Dump Truck New Player

I have no problem topping the DPS chart - others have stated they can keep up as fire. If you are SS melee, what was changed that makes you so angry? Nothing was changed in my loadout.

You complaining obsessively about fire when we all know the issue is you makes me sick.
  17. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

Yea, because you're playing bums. Listen, I don't make the rules. You're not beating Good, emphasis on "GOOD," HL and Gadgets. You're not even going to keep up. You'll lose by lots and lots of numbers. Everything will be dead, gone and buried before you get a chance to really contribute. You're only burning ash. That's the current state of the games content. Over geared plus weak enemy AI is a recipe for failure for Fire.

Now I can only assume and poke fun at the players you're facing. But they can't be that good is their losing to Fire.

The developers promised balance. They spoke about bringing Fire in line with the other revamped powers and did so for months. We offered suggestions, voiced our concerns. And we got Meteor? They took a viable power and turned it into two useless gimmicks. Absolutely no consideration was given to help us spec our power points effectively. Spontaneous Combustion and Stoke Flames should be switched. Or at bare bone minimum, Overheat and Burnout.

They gave us a new power, one that's clearly suited for range DPSers, while at the same time nerfing rangers. That power is costly, short lived, broken and pointless. But thanks.

I'm hopeful the balance of power will even out once T5 is released. Until then, spits on Fire.
  18. Dump Truck New Player

Why don't you add me to your raid group for Gates and I'll show you what fire can do.
    • Like x 1
  19. Flint Lockwood Well-Known Player

And you've never played with or aganist me. Which means your comments are baseless; you know zilth about how good or bad I am. But I've read your repeated claims of grandeur, how you've bested a great many Gadget and HL players with ease. That's how I know you full of fecal matter.
  20. Dump Truck New Player

So add me. Enough of the talk. We're tired of reading it. Let's run Gates - and when I beat or match your Gadgets or HL friends, you can shut you mouth.
    • Like x 1