OMAAR'S WEAPON CLIPPING GUIDE

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ShockNOwn New Player

Nice! looking forward to seeing your results
    • Like x 1
  2. PachamamaMan Well-Known Player

you are missing hand blasters
  3. Potent New Player

Ignore that last statement.
  4. OMAAR New Player

Stop confusing me! :) I'm going to put some nice graphs and stuff to make it easier to read for everyone.

Btw The times were taken from the moment the animations of the first hit to the moment the power is first used NOT WHEN I PRESS THE FIRST BUTTON. That's why they may seem fast.
  5. Potent New Player

I think you got a calculator omaar....or at least a formula to make one
  6. Dump Truck New Player

This is a really good effort. The 1H results seem to indicate the tap4x's hold and tap 2x's hold are the better combos, which most of us probably already predicted but I think it will get real interesting when other melee weapons are brought into the mix like brawling and martial arts. Great job!
  7. OMAAR New Player

Do the numbers add up?

Give me your precision numbers and let me post the chart.
  8. OMAAR New Player

Truck did you check the numbers?

Give me your precision numbers and let me post what is supposed to be your numbers.
  9. OMAAR New Player

[IMG]

Finished with one hander, Hnadblasters next.
  10. OMAAR New Player

Here's a reason why Flurry gives more constant damage than spinchop in the long run ( still testing ):

[IMG]

CCM is supposed to be CCM ( typo ) critical chance modifier, this number goes up with the number of attacks.

If damage is equal or close, it's better to have more hits in certain timeframe as burst damage will instantly wipe most of the health of a target.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Curious on your chart the "real dps" is different than the new graphic. Why did that change?
  12. OMAAR New Player

Refining-retesting-recalculating. I am no longer taking one off's, I am taking average how fast I can pull off a combo on the PS3.
  13. OMAAR New Player

Oops top numbers are 700 precision, bottom 796. I'll rectify it.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

hehe figured it was that. Thanks for doing this though going to be a nice reference.
  15. OMAAR New Player

You welcome my friend if you see ANY mistakes ( especially grammar mistakes ) please notify me.

Next will be Handblasters.
  16. dWI New Player

you are by far the best guide maker on this forum.
  17. OMAAR New Player

Actually I'm the one with time due an injured back on the forums :)
    Cheers my friend.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Any chance you could release the spreadsheet? Some things I'd love to do with it =).
  19. OMAAR New Player

Handblasters blasters:

No timeframe yet but here are my basic notes:

Hey are low and high values.

Punch
    1 or 2 hits:46-74
    Uppercut:104-154
    Fıst slam:232-348

Trıangle:
    1or two hits:40-58

Power discharge: 80-118 ( each hit, 4 hits total )

Carhrged :97-141
    Sf:281-396

Changed:120-417
    Meteor: 276-406
  20. Warlan New Player

Great work Omaar. Glad there are two people working on this.

Couple of questions though. It seems that your time elapsed varies to other people. On paper the time for the Flurry seems too close to the Spin Chop given that one of them has an extra melee attack on it. It's a critical point for determining which combo is best for obvious reasons.

Where are you getting your CTSV values from?

I'm also not sure why you are doing the CCM thing. Could you explain better? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but you're taking a combos # of hits, combining that damage then dividing it up by the number of hits then applying critical damage to that. I think that may be wrong.

Take for example a combo that hits 4 times for 50 damage each vs one that hits once for 200 damage. Same total damage. Assume that time to execute is the same. Let's say there is a 50% chance of doing 100% more damage. The first combo on average will be doing 200 damage with two of the hits doing 100% more for a combined total of 250 damage. If you did that combo twice the average per combo would still be 250. If you take the second combo 50% of the time it would do only 200 damage and 50% of the time it would do 300 damage. So the average is 250 damage. The point being the result is the same and independent of the number of hits. So your statement of : "If damage is equal or close, it's better to have more hits in certain timeframe as burst damage will instantly wipe most of the health of a target." seems false to me. Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding.

Thanks for all the hard work.