Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 478874 Dedicated Player

Since we're sharing videos...

2. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That all we trying to get across Everend the problem isn't with game design, its with the ps3 and atm people are abusing it on the ps3 in premade matches you are ghosted then dogged back into being ghosted, til your knocked out. They need to be a work around to fix this, where it also helps tanks, im all for tanks being able to grant their team a bonus to control resistance while being in a group, that would make tanks more valuable and fix this a little.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mystereo New Player

1) So you agree ghosting and dogging should last longer and 2) PC side is a barren wasteland and 3) you dont like my type of thinking

So the comment that is relevent to the discussion by you, is that you agree polymorph-others should last longer. AND THAT'S WHAT I SAID.
  4. skabs New Player

I would like to take the time to repeat my original statement where I said I "somewhat agree" with this thread. I also stated that I felt the issue was more prevalent in 5v5s and 8v8s. I feel this point is being lost in the conversation in order for some to promote their personal agendas. Now lets be honest here, lag is more prevalent in 5s and 8s period. Maybe that is the issue which needs to be addressed instead of simply focusing on two CC effects. Who hasn't done an 8v8 watchtower where the rock appears to float in mid-air.

The following video was recorded on March 4th and clearly shows that dogging does not inherently introduce lag on the PS3 nor is its use an abuse of game mechanics. I am in no way saying there is no transformation lag in the game. The game lags out at times period. This is a batcave arena match between Banished and SoL and both sides used dogging throughout the match, neither side abused game mechanics.

I have also been dogged in 5s without being a victim of transformation lag just as I have been a victim of game lag without being dogged. It would be nice to resolve these lag issues period.

Cheers

• Like x 1
  5. Woodler New Player

I have not been able to watch your video yet, but in my experience as a nature player - the first transformation pretty much always lagged but every transformation after the initial one was fine... not sure if that is even relevant to your post but figured I would add to the discussion.
  6. BadHansel New Player

I don't like that some people abuse this thread about an technichal issue of a power to make their wishes to nerf other classes.

There are two arguments in this thread:

1. something has to be done against the big lag-issues that are caused by transformation

2. transformation has to be removed completely from the game, because the people think its unfair to be transformed for a short period into a ghost/dog

1. I agree with. completely. Its very important to fix it for our bros on PS3. This lags have to be fixed!!

2. No. No. No! Maybe a sorc shouldn't have a transformation skill, but a controller (especially a MENTAL) absolutely should have this skill! He is a controller, so let him controll the people! Its a valid tactic to let healer be handicapped and lose power for breakout.
    Sure, the duration shouldn't be soooo long, but 2-3 sec. why not? And it shouldn't be spammable.
    But to remove it or change it into a stun or root-effect would not only be annoying (all classes same powers->yawn) but removing also the sense of a controller!
    • Like x 1
  7. Ilunis Dedicated Player

That terrorize bug is back. It glitched two of my lair battles. I even got accused of hacking once. Not cool.
  8. Cadens Dedicated Player

Why did you slow the video down? Appears you were only a dog for like a second... slowing it down made it look like it was much longer.
  9. Cadens Dedicated Player

Happened against a pug group in 5v5 yesterday. Both our healers were ghosted and couldnt break out. I think it took 12 seconds or so to break out, and by that time, the other healer was dead. I was pretty lucky to survive it with a soda. They got 1 kill the entire fight, from this bug. First I actually ran into it, and its pretty bad!!!
  10. Old Gravyleg New Player

Gaming on outdated and poorly designed hardware, then demanding changes be made to accommodate such hardware will be the death of pvp as well as the death of quality games.

It would be great if they can fix the game so it works on a 10 year old piece of junk, but if they can't, they had better not nerf two already underpowered classes because of it.
    • Like x 3
  11. Spidersting Committed Player

Nope i was commenting that maybe we should get changes to animations/UI changes to help fix the lag issues that plague the ps3. If you want a power or effect to work differently then make a new thread out of the bugs section and ask for it. If you just ride the lag train because you think that is how it is supposed to work then what happens when they fix the issue and you are stuck with the way every other CC functions? I would suspect the tears would be flowing on the forums and a paid respec wouldn't be too far after the fix comes.

Ever heard of the expession don't **** where you eat? Using broken mechanics/lag in a game for personal gain does nothing but drive away players. I am not sure if you are aware but in a MMO it requires more then 1 player to have fun. So when the competative pvp starts to dwindle like it does now on PC side you guys have no one to blame but yourselves for using broken mechanics/lag to win.

Eventually players get fed up and stop playing that is what happened PC side.
  12. BadHansel New Player

Thats not fair against the players which ever had in their loadout horrific visage without even knowing, that there is existing a lag for some players! I don't use the so-called "best" loadouts from any guide. I ever used the loadout I feel good with and why I have to change now? Only because others are thinking I am a fotm-player or a bugabuser? I have two mentals, one of them has in te controller-stance horrific visage in the loadout, and I do not change this, only because of the lag-issue.
  13. Spidersting Committed Player

Yea while that is true for new players it is not for the ones who are using it. From the sounds of previous posts this is something that seems to plague the competative pvp on the PS3. Some people just have no morals.
  14. BadHansel New Player

I use only the illusion-tree for the mental which has horrific visage in his loadout. I have to completely change my whole loadout and using another or less iconic-points only because you say, I don't have to use horrific visage but I need a heal-debuff. Not fair in my oppinion. Btw. I never saw this lags on PC-side. And its strange that people are complaining only now about this power. Weren't there any lags before with this move? If not some of the updates or dlc's has caused this lags.
    • Like x 1
  15. FeelsGood New Player

Page 10 in this thread was brutal. Too many troll posts
  16. Spidersting Committed Player

You won't see this lag on PC unless you have a subpar PC. This effects the PS3 only because of outdated hardware and limited memory. If the PS3 population goes down the tubes i doubt the game would survive on the PC population alone so this effects everyone that plays this game.

Just imagine playing this game on a PC that is 7+yrs old and has hardware you can't change.
    • Like x 1
  17. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Not entirely true. They removed the Ice Armor transformation because of the lag. Hopefully all forced transformations will be removed as well.
  18. Spidersting Committed Player

I don't know if lag was the sole reason for the ice armor change. I am sure it played a part but quite a bit of the community had a major disliking for the form as well because they spent a lot of time on a costume to only have it covered up by ice armor. They could easily do the same thing for the other transforms and just lock your loadout without actually changing it and still require a hard breakout. The powers would still function the same but animations and UI change would be different to fix the lag issues.
  19. skabs New Player

As a follow-up to my previous post where I tried to demonstrate that transformation lag is not inherent in PS3 gameplay, I would now like to show an honest example where transformation lag does appear to affect a 5v5 match. There are a number of factors that differ between these two matches such as the number of players, powersets, the date of the match, etc.

The following is a watchtower match between banished and 1 Up that took place on January 24th. I would like to draw your attention to the transformation that takes place at 1:25 where the transformation lasts for what appears to be an abnormal length of time. I believe I had sufficient power to break-out but simply could not.

I hope this brings a balanced perspective to the discussion.

Cheers

• Like x 1
  20. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

exactly.
    why do you think no one ever brought up a single complaint about HV for 18 months before all the trans. lag started?
    --b/c the problem is the lag, not the power.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.