Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Diesel New Player

Why you telling our secrets Mepps? Let them figure the game and read the power interactions themselves. Why dont you all just write a Pvp mechanics guide while your at it?
  2. Purple Diesel New Player

it would be more helpful and keep you from having to repeat yourself to each and every new player.
  3. Pew New Player

Good to know it's intended. That makes WoD one of the strongest moves in the game by far imo.
    What about transformation bypassing immunities? Polymorph seems like a bit of a wasted SC in light of this.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are double checking immunities. Regardless, we should probably try to keep this thread about the transformation lag bug.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mista E New Player

we know its an intended mechanic... we are saying the lag associated with the mechanics need fixing. we are literaly tranformed for 3-5 seconds unable to block,use powers, attack, and when we finaly have acess to our loadout we get transformed again regardless if we have immunity or not.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I was commenting specifically to the post I quoted about how sorcery transformations work, not about the delay. You are right that we should stay on topic though. ;)
    • Like x 5
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

i just realized this thread is in the Arkum section...... if we are really talking about a "bug" here, shouldnt this thread and the transformation lag thread be combined?
    i dont see any difference other than the ranting here.
  8. Hulkamania New Player

Come Prime Battleslam, my many Hulkamaniacs will ravage you and your Warriors, brother!

PVP will never die, brother! Not as long as the two great forces in the DC Universe, Hulkamania and the Ultimate Warrior continue to battle, man!
  9. FeelsGood New Player

Mepps got the point was about transformation lag.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cadens Dedicated Player

Honestly last night was the first time I witnessed the ghost bug. I was in the Pit with the league against an inferior league opponent.. Both me and the other healer were ghosted and it lasted 10 seconds. You could not break out or anything. The other healer died, and I almost shared the same fate.

This really needs to be looked into. Also, an ability like this basically makes gadgets and hard light inferior in EVERY way to a mental controller.
  11. BadHansel New Player

its not the ability but the lag!!!!
  12. Spidersting Committed Player

I was sticking to the topic you took it off the rails talking about how you think CC powers should work in pvp lag or no lag. I agree that CC powers should last a bit longer if you are a controller. Abusing lag to gain an advantage is no better then the PC players that used the speed hack. You guys might have a bigger population on the PS3 but it is your type of thinking that drives players away from pvp. PC used to have a great pvp population until SoE took forever to fix bugs and speedhack issues. It might of been SoE's fault for not fixing bugs sooner but it was just as much the player bases fault for abusing said bugs/hacks in pvp.

Abusing broken stuff for your gain does not make you a better player and it only drives away players more and more, the PC side is a prime example of that. If you want the PS3 to end up the same way keep it up, your platform can be a barren wasteland too.
    • Like x 2
  13. SlayingDaimon New Player

Can a mod to clean up the off topic comments including this one please? Thanks in advance.
  14. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This may be the most clueless guy I have ever seen, I don't think he has been in a pvp match yet... in pve sure its fine dog/ghost all you want but in a pvp match, people are abusing the ease of ghosting more then anything, SoE I advise you completely look at your entire cc effects system in pvp entirely and find a way where tank's play a much larger role in providing support against them so they are much more needed in pvp, I speak for a lot when I say being stunned locks, then ghosted and dogged repeatedly isn't very fun. Tanks should provide much larger support against cc then they currently do.
    • Like x 2
  15. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Support this one hundred percent and the best part is this is a rinse and repeat cycle til one of the healers give up a kill due to being in ghost or dog lag.
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Mepps with all respect you guys "devs" as a whole don't play with the pvp players or against them, on the ps3. One night you should Q with us and play a sync'ed premade so you can experience exactly what we mean.
    • Like x 1
  17. seapeetea New Player

please fix cc lag devs, thankyou! plus 1 superpatriot
    • Like x 2
  18. Captain Wartog New Player

This can't be intended, Watch Im turned into a dog CAN NOT BREAK OUT, I die and slide across the floor lol.
    Im hands down the best pvper in this game and I can tell you this is broke and needs fixed.
    • Like x 4
  19. Woodler New Player

the funny thing is the transformation issue has been around since launch and has yet not been addressed by devs...
    • Like x 1
  20. Itazuki New Player

Holy heck... Never seen anything like that on PC side, and I have the worst laptop possible lol.

This should definitely get looked at... Completely ruins skill to win.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.