Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Drgnx New Player

Black lantern and star sapphire movement styles .. Its years overdue
  2. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Bring back power set auras. I bought the partial from the quarks vendor but it's just not the same. Not sure where they came from in the first place but I wants it! :D
  3. creatine1 Committed Player

dollar bill and coin aura I wanna make it rain
  4. creatine1 Committed Player

Moss materials
  5. creatine1 Committed Player

musical note aura
  6. creatine1 Committed Player

tie dye material
  7. ChacaI New Player

Burnished Bronze Chroma is one of the best materials out there. If we could get a version of this where we could change the golden slot into something else. Like having the same looking leather texture in all three slots but being able to color each or at least two slot individually. I hope I live to see something like that.
  8. Andrew Marsh Level 30

Mepps we want the OG nimbus, OG smoke, and OG plasmic auras in a booster bundle please. You would make a lot of money from this too, I guarantee alot of people would buy this booster bundle as these are the auras that everybody is wanting.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What Mepps and the other Devs will take away from that: "We want a Less Than 1% Chance to get those items as the Rarest Items in that Boo$ter Bundle, so we can spend hundreds of dollars on the game and STILL not get what we wanted!" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. sebfm Well-Known Player

I loved the Shaded Comics, the Wet Paint, the Dark Metal and the Scale Chroma/Mat (they are all used in my armories)
    I'd love to see a leather mat working as shaded and wet pain with the 3 colors, a material similar to the stealth material with all 3 colors too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Salience New Player

I would love to see Plasmic, Black Smoke and Nimbus aura in the Booster Bundle launching tomorrow Mepps. <3
  12. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Define "a lot". Maybe you mean "a lot of those people who are really willing to spend real money on such stupid things as auras and materials"
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

You know the texture style from the nuclear set and I think retribution uses the same material… can you put materials like these up on the market place that way we can mix and match some of the slim lines in the past. A lot of the old slim lines use a different texture. Then you have some like Angled flex suit that looks great until you see those metal pieces on there which I’d like to make them a different texture.

Please make these materials open to your own color choices and not locked into a specific color in certain slots.

Here is an example of what I’m talking about and why I want normal basic looking materials on the market place

The chevron chest is a shiny leathery texture… but if I paired it with the “ v suit” pants the textures are totally off

I’d like all these types of textures on the maket

The nuclear style being one of my favorite textures in the game.

I also like the texture on the Blackhawk style.
    • Like x 1
  14. Limey Committed Player

Hardlight Contruct Materials! One for each color of the spectrum, and it basically just makes the style/appearance single color and semi-transparent, so if the material is applied to all parts, the character will look like a HL construct!

Would pair well with my left-hand ring accessory idea. ;)
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

They ALREADY EXIST IN-GAME, minus the transparency part (the Devs said there were vague "technical reasons" why they didn't make them transparent.)

Glowing Material = Green Lantern Constructs
    Sinister Material = Sinestro Corps Constructs
    Furious Material = Red Lantern Constructs

They were part of the larger Powerset Materials Set, with Materials based on each Powerset in the game. The only downside there is that there are no Materials for the various other colors of power rings, just the 3 main playable Corps. :oops:

EDIT: Here's the Glowing Material in use on Boodikka's swords. The more detail the item has, the better it looks with these materials, so it looks especially good on more complex and detailed weapons.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Limey Committed Player

I specifically suggested semi-transparent construct materials. All well as all spectrum colors.

I'm well aware of the existence of powerset materials, chromas, and auras. And that there are only 3 of the spectrum colors.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You and a hundred other players. The Devs came up with an excuse ("Technical Reasons") for not making the Materials transparent. We've now got a TON of Materials and Chroma Materials in-game, and I don't recall seeing transparency/translucency effects on any of them, so it looks like they really mean it about there being some technical issue.

To this day, the only things Player Characters can have equipped with transparency/translucency effects are some of the Weapons Packs in the Marketplace (including the Hard Light Weapons Packs) and the Lex Luthor Energy Shield Iconic Weapon, all of which use custom-coded skins/textures, rather than just being a Material applied over existing items.
  18. Hades2Eros New Player

Two toned shader and a basic one color slimline
  19. Avalaiden New Player

A Spectral/Spiritual/Ghostly Material
    Something similar looking to the Dawnbreaker Constructs below:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. RipTide Level 30

Add more materials like the shared comic material & the wet paint material I want more materials that allows you to use all your color palettes but in different textures
    • Like x 2